Blur Vs Oasis

SammyD

Blur Vs Oasis  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Blur Vs Oasis

• Blur
    • Oasis

Oaks in 'missing blatant pun' alert :P

Eh BOT, Oasis for me by a Country Mile. Always annoyed me that the ONE good song Blur released was the one that won them the 'battle of the charts' battle with Oasis at the time. Country House. Great song (and video!!) but I was an Oasis man.

There's no other way to convince the girls and boys on this one than to say to BOF that you're on your own on this one.

Eh BOT, Oasis for me by a Country Mile. Always annoyed me that the ONE good song Blur released was the one that won them the 'battle of the charts' battle with Oasis at the time. Country House. Great song (and video!!) but I was an Oasis man.

There's no other way to convince the girls and boys on this one than to say to BOF that you're on your own on this one.

This is a low! :D

BOF needs to settle down with some Coffee & TV as it was the End of a Century.

I love Blur, one of my favourite bands of all time and I cannot wait to see them at Glasto and Hyde Park this summer.

But nobody compares to Oasis for me. They are my favourite band, listening to them got me into what I call 'proper' music and I have seen them live more than any other band. Without them I wouldn't have discovered, the Stone Roses, The Beatles, The Smiths, Dylan, Neil Young etc...

Oasis > Blur.

Oasis every day of the week.

Sadly though the last 3 albums have been very forgetable.... :(

5 albums!

Actually, Be Here Now is half decent, I think history might have been a bit unkind to it because it gets compared to the utter brilliance of Oasis' 94-96 period. I often wonder how Noel Gallagher feels about "wasting" so many classic tunes as B-Sides on singles from Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory. The B-Side compilation The Masterplan is as good as the first two studio albums and a better collection of songs than most bands will manage over an entire career.

Standing on the Shoulder of Giants is a shower of shite though. Probably Oasis' worst record, and the fact that they constantly ignore it when they play live speaks volumes.

Oasis piss it.

Why does a band have to experiment to prove their musical talent? Their first 3 albums and the odd song since prove they have talent. It is what it is, Sinatra stuck to swing, Elvis stuck to rock 'n roll. I love Oasis for they very reason some critise them, they didn't have to "experiment". Plus any band that writes songs as good as Champagne Supernova are onto a winner in my book :thumb:

This is a low! :D

:lol: That made me literally laugh out loud.

Â