Blur Vs Oasis

SammyD

Blur Vs Oasis  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Blur Vs Oasis

• Blur
    • Oasis

Actually, Be Here Now is half decent, I think history might have been a bit unkind to it because it gets compared to the utter brilliance of Oasis' 94-96 period. I often wonder how Noel Gallagher feels about "wasting" so many classic tunes as B-Sides on singles from Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory. The B-Side compilation The Masterplan is as good as the first two studio albums and a better collection of songs than most bands will manage over an entire career.

Standing on the Shoulder of Giants is a shower of shite though. Probably Oasis' worst record, and the fact that they constantly ignore it when they play live speaks volumes.

Be Here Now is my favourite album of theirs. It is just mental. Don't Go Away is one of Liam's best vocals. They always ignore this album live as well, mainly because of Noel's hatred of it. They played My Big Mouth live once on this tour then scrapped it.

Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants is a poor album, but has one of the best Oasis tracks on it in Gas Panic. It is certainly a 'hidden gem' as not many people seem to know about it. It is epic live as well, they should really bring it back into their set.

Gas Panic - What a tune

Blur for me. I don't listen to either much. But a deciding factor here is that the gallaghers are completely wanky humans.

I know that's not the debate but it still influences my decision.

Anyway whenever i head Oasis songs on the radio I have to switch over as Im bored senseless by them. Maybe hearing them too much, but to me at least - there's no passion or soul in their stuff. I am not a musician and certainly will not attempt to argue it on a technical level, but purely on the final sound.and Oasis' really really really gets on my tits. I have friends who are big into metal of various varieities and argue its technically brilliant but all I hear is some mentalist occasionally screaming indecipherable lyrics between loud riffing. Oasis is the same, all I hear is this inherent whiney whine whine to their voices.

Elvis stuck to rock 'n roll

yes and I wish he had stuck to burgers, fat, talentless clearing in the woods.

Not to my taste either, but the point is he didn't become "the king" by changing his style.

Â