Gareth Southgate

Richard

15 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Sadly nothing would surprise me with him, it took him ages to make Jack a regular, all the excuses he made , I honestly would not be shocked to see Watkins left out the squad and replaced by Toney. Watkins is not only scoring goals he is creating them, works hard. What more could you ask for?

If he did leave Watkins out and  the Media challenged him he would prob change the subject... 

Agree, Konsa deserves a call up but he isn't getting one, its a shame as he really does deserve a call up, he has been outstanding this season! 

Didnt he mention something petty about recency bias when he called him up last time. It was disgusting

Cant remember him saying that when he called up anybody else especially when Watkins had been playing well for about 9 months previously

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Didnt he mention something petty about recency bias when he called him up last time. It was disgusting

Cant remember him saying that when he called up anybody else especially when Watkins had been playing well for about 9 months previously

Again, wouldn't surprise me, the bloke is an absolute melt. Cant wait to see the back of the c0ck nosed rocket polisher. 

3 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Again, wouldn't surprise me, the bloke is an absolute melt. Cant wait to see the back of the c0ck nosed rocket polisher. 

Addressing the media, Southgate said Ollie is a "good guy around the group."

He added: "Callum Wilson is carrying an injury and we were not certain he would be available.

"Ollie has started the season well. He's hit a bit of scoring form in the last couple of weeks. You have to be careful with that because you can't just go on recency bias with selection.

Think at the time he was the highest scoring English player in 2023 not called Harry Kane

https://www.bbc.com/sport/articles/crg18v25l1go

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Just now, Zatman said:

Think at the time he was the highest scoring English player in 2023 not called Harry Kane

https://www.bbc.com/sport/articles/crg18v25l1go

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Addressing the media, Southgate said Ollie is a "good guy around the group."

He added: "Callum Wilson is carrying an injury and we were not certain he would be available.

"Ollie has started the season well. He's hit a bit of scoring form in the last couple of weeks. You have to be careful with that because you can't just go on recency bias with selection.

OMFG....  Just shows what a petty little ✊ 🍆 he is, Never comes out when picking Slabhead/Phillips or Hendo with things like that, bangs on about they always perform for England, need to pick your best players . Why no one challenges this nob in the media baffles me, so far up his ring they can see daylight.

• Like 1

The Football Association are keen for Gareth Southgate to remain as England boss beyond this summer's European Championships.

It was expected Southgate would stand down after the 2024 finals in Germany.

However, the 53-year-old has not discounted the possibility of remaining in the job until the 2026 World Cup.

"You've got to see how the summer goes. It's as simple as that," Southgate said at the Nations League draw in Paris on Thursday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68256138

Christ 🤦‍♂️ I have no words any more tbh.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

There's no chance in hell this guy picks Watkins over Toney despite all the evidence and Toney being a complete tool

If not this year, defo next year, even if he has a average season, cause he'll be at a top club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

There's no chance in hell this guy picks Watkins over Toney despite all the evidence and Toney being a complete tool

Watkins and Toney should probably both be in the squad but he has to fit in the 5 right backs so Watkins will likely be dropped.

Edited by villan95

I'm seeing rumours online that Hodgson is getting the sack if they don't beat Chelsea, and that Southgate is the replacement lined up. 

Seems utterly bonkers to me, but people are saying it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm seeing rumours online that Hodgson is getting the sack if they don't beat Chelsea, and that Southgate is the replacement lined up. 

Seems utterly bonkers to me, but people are saying it. 

Imagine if that actually happened. Would feel very sorry for Palace fans - going from one poor ex-England manager to an even poorer ex-England manager.

• Like 1

Â