Gareth Southgate

Richard

1 minute ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Another joke of a squad. 

He couldn't not call Ollie up after that hat-trick but how you pick Maguire over Konsa is truly a shambles. 

I'd be surprised if Watkins gets more than 10mins.

He probably wont come off the bench.

But yet again, Slabhead, Henderson and Phillips!  No Sterling either. Bloke is an absolute spunk trumpet 

• Like 1

Maguire, Phillips and Henderson picks are a joke.

Colwill and Nketiah in because they play for Chelsea and Arsenal.

Rashford and Grealish in bad form but still picked.

Bowen and Watkins have had to play out of their skins to get a sniff.

Players like Konsa, Burn, JWP, Gordon all playing well not given a chance.

He can't go soon enough

Edited by villan95
  • Like 3

Does it really matter when he's going to play the same XI for any real games anyway?

We saw how difficult it was for Grealish to get an appearance when he was at Villa then miraculously becomes a starter once at City.

He'll deploy his usual boring rubbish side out and then everyone will cream their pants when they beat some tradies playing football and then say they were 'unlucky' against a top side.

• Like 2

I get that in international football most managers like to stick with a spine and group of players that are a good fit with regardless of club form to some extent, but Southgate's spine is just so bad it's not worth it.

Southgate gets furious when social media goes off at Maguire (the abuse is very much absurd sometimes), but by making his key centre back someone who hasn't played club football properly in about two years, it's understandable that there are going to be errors. He's setting Maguire up to fail at this point.

• Like 1

Probably done the maths completely wrong as it was mental maths, but England have played 20 matches against Top 10 teams in the FIFA World Rankings under Southgate and won 6 of them. I wonder how that compares to say, Argentina.

EDIT: Under Scaloni, Argentina have played 9 games against Top 10 teams and won 6 of them. Speaks for itself, really.

Edited by wishywashy

Â