Gareth Southgate

Richard

4 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

And another thing, that conkface c*** has bemoaned the lack of left sided defenders, hence picking Maguire. He's starting in the right side of defence whilst Dunk and Tomori, who are  right footed, are on the f**kin bench.

Utter w***er.

Tomori should be starting 100%. Southgate in his wisdom dosen't rate Serie A one bit (even though Tomori was also starting CL SFs last year).

3 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Would love to see Southgate back in club management, considering he struggles to beat most teams with an embarrassment of riches and can't beat anyone of similar or better quality.

I thought it was laughable when Boro gave him the job. He'll fail magnificently. It'll be a return to Palace where he started as a player once Roy departs, a Wolves or a Norwich type middle sized club at best.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

I thought it was laughable when Boro gave him the job. He'll fail magnificently. It'll be a return to Palace where he started as a player once Roy departs, a Wolves or a Norwich type middle sized club at best.

He wouldn't rule out going to Saudi when asked the other week. Wouldn't surprise me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villan95 said:

He wouldn't rule out going to Saudi when asked the other week. Wouldn't surprise me.

Nah, he's a property Englander at heart. Gives the cultural persona but you know when going abroad packs his tins of baked beans. Even brown sauce is too daring for our Gareth.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Haha 1

He's made a rod for his own back as he can't now play a weakened side against Scotland, despite it being a friendly, due to the rivalry. He could have gone full strength here, gone for it then rested players at the right points today but nah, I'll experiment with players out of position.

Plays his first cap defender on the left with his hardly used left back rather than play a right footed defender alongside Walker who's experienced and allow Maguire to help the lesser capped Chilwell.

Man's a prick. Utter prick.

Edited by stewiek2

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

Southgate won't go back into club management when this England charade is over. He'll just become a meme again and ridiculed. He'll definitely take Saudi or Qatari money though. 

We've had some terribly shit England managers but Southgate is up there amongst the higher echelons. Such a liar, hypocrite and thoroughly dislikeable individual. I cannot stand the bloke. 

I don't think he'll ever manage again

But maybe he'll take a cushy number at the Saudi FA rather than the English one... Something like technical director and given the task of setting up their own st George's Park and overhauling the youth set up there

4 hours ago, MachoFantastico said:

Does anyone else think Southgate has some dirt on the FA? Genuinely don't understand how he's still in charge of England. He never deserved the job in the first place, the fact he's still in charge just baffles me. 

Can't stand him. 

It's because he's still popular with the casual public I suspect. All a lot of people know of him is "he got England to a Euro final and a WC semi-final" without any context.

• Like 3

He should just quit football and focus on being Joseph Fiennes stunt double.

" OK Gareth. We will go through this again. While the women are beating you to death, we want you to let out screams of pain. And FFS Gareth, no more giggling."

• Haha 1

Any of the Southgate supporters I’d just ask them - would you have him as manager of your club?? The answer is always surely no, no matter what club. Then ask yourself how the hell he is the manager of one of the (in theory) top national sides. 

It all stems from the FA telling the media not to vilify managers like they have previous, "wally with the brolly"  "Turnip Taylor" for example. Southgate has gotten away with his management style by making everyone love one another, even though its easier with a younger group, rather that the Terry and Gerards of the day. Also he's coaching methods are mostly down to his team, he never leaves Steve Hollands side for example.

Everyone who's ever known and played with him, always talk about his devote loyalty, he's like the kid with no friends, so has to be especially nice to everyone and have that one bezzie, Henderson in his eyes. He would have gained a little more respect if he dropped him, but no, he's the man, he knows best, an loves to show the media and public who is the boss.

Potter or maybe Eddie Howe for me,  he'll be out of a job soon, although I think Eddie's head has grown ten fold since managing for the Saudis, this is if we're staying English that is. If not Pep or even Klopp would be the dream, an go and win everything, with arguably some of the best players in world football.

Â