Gareth Southgate

Richard

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

How we drew that game yeah too right he's back to being rubbish again

That was shit and a huge reason for that was how he set us up

Same setup as against Iran. So you csn understand he didn't want to change things. I thought the players were just not at it tonight.  The midfield was second best. 

Just now, PaulC said:

Usa had something to do with that. We didn't press or win the personal  battles like we did against Iran. 

He pulled the wingers deeper and got them to track back more, we played longer and quicker (and ultimately more aimless) rather than holding the ball

Look at the impact of the Grealish sub, its Southgate's favourite tactic, 70 mins in bring grealish on a push further up the pitch, we didn't do that vs Iran because we played further up the pitch from the start

Maybe one of the papers will do an average player position graphic, we were deeper and that's not because of the USA that's because Southgate reverted to his negative type and showed them too much respect 

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He pulled the wingers deeper and got them to track back more, we played longer and quicker (and ultimately more aimless) rather than holding the ball

Look at the impact of the Grealish sub, its Southgate's favourite tactic, 70 mins in bring grealish on a push further up the pitch, we didn't do that vs Iran because we played further up the pitch from the start

Maybe one of the papers will do an average player position graphic, we were deeper and that's not because of the USA that's because Southgate reverted to his negative type and showed them too much respect 

I don't agree I think usa are far more athletic and our players our midfield got bossed. It's tournament football and its a good point. I expect us to be far more proactive against Wales and win that game 

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I don't agree I think usa are far more athletic and our players our midfield got bossed. It's tournament football and its a good point. I expect us to be far more proactive against Wales and win that game 

Maybe tomorrow we'll see if the athletic do this again 

But it won't look like that, we played deeper, no way were our full backs, sterling and saka in these positions tonight and it wasn't the yanks that made us do it, it was Southgate and his negativity 

spacer.png

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Ever thought of writing poetry?

Example... 

I wandered lonely as a drunk

And spied a slapper bathed in spunk

She said dya fancy a go

I replied nay you filthy hoe. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

spacer.png

Come on Rob!

The bigger the circle for each player the higher the number of passes they made, the colour indicates if they made useful passes or not (red bad green good) the thicker the line between each player the more times that pass was played, again same colour coding

Waht you can take from that is that Rice makes a lot of passes that ultimately mean nothing

If you then get the same graphic for tonight I'd expect the average positions to be a lot deeper

You'd then also expect to see a lot more orange and red on it saying we made a lot of pointless passes

Just now, villa4europe said:

Come on Rob!

The bigger the circle for each player the higher the number of passes they made, the colour indicates if they made useful passes or not (red bad green good) the thicker the line between each player the more times that pass was played, again same colour coding

Waht you can take from that is that Rice makes a lot of passes that ultimately mean nothing

If you then get the same graphic for tonight I'd expect the average positions to be a lot deeper

You'd then also expect to see a lot more orange and red on it saying we made a lot of pointless passes

spacer.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Maybe tomorrow we'll see if the athletic do this again 

But it won't look like that, we played deeper, no way were our full backs, sterling and saka in these positions tonight and it wasn't the yanks that made us do it, it was Southgate and his negativity 

spacer.png

OK I Just want to remain positive. If if starts reverting to a back three and two holding midfield players then I accept hes just too negative. 

Â