Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

Quite a bad day I think for those completely unconnected individuals who constantly are asking for Bruce to be sacked. 

He’s been backed in this window.

I suppose you think everything is rosy then? Oh wait, we are unbeaten (in the league) so anything other than complete blind optimism is unacceptable.

Edited by TheStagMan

27 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

@TRO still living in the past and not accepting how much football has moved on from the 80s. Maybe one day I’ll be on this forum talking about the Villa greats of my era. There won’t be much for me to talk about though. 

Yes unfortunately so 

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

Now you're getting the hang of this.

Yeah, I think so. What do I need to do when we start losing games though? I've been practising putting my fingers in my ears and shouting "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA" with my eyes shut, which I think should stand me in good stead to move into the Bruce-in camp, but I think I am still missing something, maybe I need a list of tired cliches to roll out or something?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

@London Villa Watch his press conferences. Just look how relaxed he is compared to last year. Ok maybe saying he is engineering the sack was a little OTT but this is not a man that is fearful of it. He is going through the motions. 

Last season he felt the pressure and did not want to lose his job. This years the mans chilling! 

maybe everyone on here should do the same. 

23 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

@London Villa Watch his press conferences. Just look how relaxed he is compared to last year. Ok maybe saying he is engineering the sack was a little OTT but this is not a man that is fearful of it. He is going through the motions. 

Last season he felt the pressure and did not want to lose his job. This years the mans chilling! 

I think Bruce looks confident and he has every right to be. Last season he was told to get us promoted or face the prospect of being the manager that took us to failure and liquidation. The pressure on him, if he knew about the financial position of the club, must have been unbearable. Much more importantly, he had both his parents struggling with illness at home and lost them both. Last season would have been the most difficult of his life for a multitude of reasons. He still got us to a play-off final and turned Jack from a promising youngster to a champions league level talent.

Forgive him for enjoying himself while his team are unbeaten in the league. 

6 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I think Bruce looks confident and he has every right to be. Last season he was told to get us promoted or face the prospect of being the manager that took us to failure and liquidation. The pressure on him, if he knew about the financial position of the club, must have been unbearable. Much more importantly, he had both his parents struggling with illness at home and lost them both. Last season would have been the most difficult of his life for a multitude of reasons. He still got us to a play-off final and turned Jack from a promising youngster to a champions league level talent.

'a champions league talent's is a big stretch..... Don't get me wrong I love Jack.

However if he was a champions league talent then he wouldn't be playing in the championship. One of the many, many teams in the champions league would've bought him....

Jack is still an unproven premier league talent....

Edited by Villan_of_oz

4 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Yeah, I think so. What do I need to do when we start losing games though? I've been practising putting my fingers in my ears and shouting "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA" with my eyes shut, which I think should stand me in good stead to move into the Bruce-in camp, but I think I am still missing something, maybe I need a list of tired cliches to roll out or something?

There is no Bruce in camp its a figment of the imagination of those that want him out.

The group you refer to are simply defending the bloke against some of the stigmatized comments aimed at him.....In some cases justified and in some wide of the mark.

We have made a start that has many of us divided......2 draws at home is not good enough in my book and we clearly need to do better and win more convincingly.

We are just 5 games in and the top of the table clash tonight was hardly riveting stuff....in fact parts of it was very scrappy for league leaders.

We all know that our football, needs to improve and with all these encouraging names coming in, we would expect to turn our future games in to positive results.

He has been backed after a close season of disruption....lets see if he can make something of it......If he can't , then I don't think the fanbase will be divided and the owners won't be hanging around either.

In the meantime, without indulging in blind faith.....its is quite nifty to eke out some positivity amongst the wreckage.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Sorry but I had to highlight this as it’s as insane as my Pina Colada post. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

well we've not started losing games yet mate so maybe keep the faith?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TRO said:

We will see what Biesla does over the season and then revisit the debate......half a dozen games is not enough.

He has a mixed reputation.....and the amount of wins on his cv is modest.

There must be a reason why he has not presided over the top teams of Europe.

We will see.

In the meantime, lets just support the one we have....Steve Bruce.

He was offered the Inter Milan job just after they won the Champions League. This was confirmed by Inter's president.

Well said on the rest though. I am not sure you've made a post where I have found myself shaking my head.

41 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

He was offered the Inter Milan job just after they won the Champions League. This was confirmed by Inter's president.

Well said on the rest though. I am not sure you've made a post where I have found myself shaking my head.

There's hope for me yet.?

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Not overly impressed with his lot last night.

I’m more concerned he seems to think we have lost around 6 players who got us to the playoff final last season which is about right however he goes on to say that we haven’t “replaced any of them” considering the players we have signed what on earth is he going on about.. If he doesn’t think the players he has signed are good enough why sign them? Very strange. 

7 hours ago, TRO said:

There is no Bruce in camp its a figment of the imagination of those that want him out.

The group you refer to are simply defending the bloke against some of the stigmatized comments aimed at him.....In some cases justified and in some wide of the mark.

We have made a start that has many of us divided......2 draws at home is not good enough in my book and we clearly need to do better and win more convincingly.

We are just 5 games in and the top of the table clash tonight was hardly riveting stuff....in fact parts of it was very scrappy for league leaders.

We all know that our football, needs to improve and with all these encouraging names coming in, we would expect to turn our future games in to positive results.

He has been backed after a close season of disruption....lets see if he can make something of it......If he can't , then I don't think the fanbase will be divided and the owners won't be hanging around either.

In the meantime, without indulging in blind faith.....its is quite nifty to eke out some positivity amongst the wreckage.

Nailed it.

Ridiculous notion there is a Bruce-in camp.  

You don’t want Bruce in charge any more we ALLLLLLL get it, but as @briny_ear pointed out he has just been backed to the hilt so it’s extremely unlikely they are considering sacking him for oh I reckon the next 4 Months at least. 

Â