Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

12 minutes ago, thabucks said:

So the 10 fans you sit in proximity with plus random 5-10 you may come  across is your sample size to claim the majority of fans are behind Bruce at the stadium.... OK.... We get it Tro you like him... 

And we get it that you don't like him..... but for 2 lousy weeks can't you drop it and just give your team 100% support.

Just watched the highlights and you could see the unwavering support from all the away fans so you can add another 2000 people to @TROs survey sample.

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

So the 10 fans you sit in proximity with plus random 5-10 you may come  across is your sample size to claim the majority of fans are behind Bruce at the stadium.... OK.... We get it Tro you like him... 

No you got it wrong......i shake hands with the 41,000 before the game....I hear what they say.

Look its funny, but i am largely right all the anti bruce stuff, is not in the ground.

:D

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Boro never looked like scoring, perfect result today, well done Bruce 

Oh they did on couple of ocassions.

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Well I’ve just got home and having been with a huge variety of fans since about 10a.m I have to say I didn’t hear a single negative comment about Bruce, and the chanting of his name was as loud as it’s ever been.

Is that representative enough ?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’m not sure they did.. when was Johnstone called upon to make a big save?

He made 2 as far as I recall. I think @TRO is - rightly - pointing out it was a tough game against a good side....we only won because we are also a good side and also tough.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’m not sure they did.. when was Johnstone called upon to make a big save?

When he saved a glancing header from a traore cross, that could have gone anywhere, but we were lucky it just came to Johnstone.

was you making a cup of tea?:)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

He made 2 as far as I recall. I think @TRO is - rightly - pointing out it was a tough game against a good side....we only won because we are also a good side and also tough.

Word for word TT

Perfect game plan today. To go away in a semi final and win 1-0 against a buoyant team and stifle them to a few half chances is fantastic. If only the Snodgrass shot had gone in! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

Should have been 0-2 in all fairness. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, TRO said:

4 hours ago, TRO said:

Well steve Bruce gets ripped to pieces on here and we have one limb in the premier league and your point is what exactly ?

Which is what he was brought in to do. Let's not forget that, TRO.

No need to make a virtue out of necessity.

2 hours ago, terrytini said:

Well I’ve just got home and having been with a huge variety of fans since about 10a.m I have to say I didn’t hear a single negative comment about Bruce, and the chanting of his name was as loud as it’s ever been.

Is that representative enough ?

Of course their going to shout his name. We've just won the first leg of a play - off. Let's hope we repeat it in the second leg, otherwise the shouting might just diminish. You know how fickle these Villa fans can be ?

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Of course their going to shout his name. We've just won the first leg of a play - off. Let's hope we repeat it in the second leg, otherwise the shouting might just diminish. You know how fickle these Villa fans can be ?

I'm sure this is not over confidence but Boro have to score twice (or pens) with no reply - for the likes of Real Madrid that is not an issue but a Pullis team with one outlet who we nullified, I honestly think it is beyond them. I'm not a Bruce champion, but he will probably get us to the final.

4 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

So I take it you were shouting it too ?

Not sure if you read what my post was in response to....which was someone saying TRO was maybe exaggerating the support Bruce gets in real life as opposed to on the Internet from some......I was just pointing out that the support was there. What happens in the future is in the future. I also mentioned the absence of negative comments, and I’ve experienced that all season, very very few fans at games want Bruce out.

• Thanks 1

Since the Boxing Day fiasco we have undoubtedly grown as a team and much of that is down to Bruce although I think the return of Grealish has been the major reason for improvement -  Bruce  has probably done enough to retain his position here whatever happens in the next game or 2 .

in fact had Grealish and kodjia not had long term injuries I think we would be up already and enjoying the party ;)

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Never dreamed i'd ever say this but..

Bruce should remain what ever happens. I think he is probably our best bet at both going up or staying up. 

For me, its all about the players.....you have to have the players.

BUT

Steve Bruce has created the mood and the platform, He brings in the right characters to blend in to a team.....He makes the decisions to keep a well oiled machine functioning.He creates the balance, necessary.

but He relies on human beings to do the job.

I have never seen Steve as a coach in the sense of the word, I see him as a Manager that embroils much more and keeps the whole thing galvanised.

I think the cohesion of the club would very much miss him if he went.

Edited by TRO

Â