Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

18 minutes ago, BOF said:

Preston & Ipswich have also been away to 6 of them.

Below is the league table of AWAY games against the top 10 within the top 10. *ok that's my final table ...

0717b34b6b499d391200841b01edaeff.png

Thanks for that. Interesting Wolves have played the lowest away from home. Boro have been terrible and whats most annoying the only point they got was away to us with 10 men (although the ref did his utmost to even it out the absolute cretin) 

8 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

We do lack out and out pace but the thing we lack more than anything is pace to our game. Desire from midfielders and defenders to get forward that’s why we look so slow. Our movement off the ball is awful. V Burton we’d looked lightening because we passed the balloon and moved to get it back and score down some cracking goals. We can do it but it seems we are drilled not to. Told to keep in shape don’t over commit. Look at how many times Millwall broke in numbers against us. How Brentford ripped us apart. These aren’t pacey teams. We’ve got the players to be playing a lot better football. 

This is very true, its the pace in which we get the ball forward which is the main issue. We do have pace with the likes of hogan, green, kodjia adomah but three of the four have been injured most of the season

4 hours ago, hippo said:

Surley that depends on who we appoint.

Lets say we appoint Dean Smith - and he doesn't get us promoted and does average - Going into 2018/19 with Dean Smith doesn't represent a brave new world for me - so by making a hasty appointment now we could effectively write off next season as well.

Give it until the end of the season then we have a larger pool of managers to choose from - more chance of getting it right going into 2018/19 

More time to get it right v Bigger pool of candidates at a less attractive set of circumstances

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

We could lose every game between now and the 2nd and still not be out of contention.

We beat who we had to beat, how was it a false position?

meaning

last 7 games - 2 pts from a possible 21

we‘d drop places relative to at least 8 pts that teams below us would gain on us

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

GUYS

I HAVE found

A new

ANTI-AGEING METHOD

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS POP INTO THIS THREAD EVERY FEW DAYS

AND IT'S LITERALLY LIKE TIME HAS STOPPED

THE same people SAYING THE SAME things they've been saying

for the past 12 months

IT'S AMAZING!! 

Best if Bruce is moved on

then so can we

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

GUYS

I HAVE found

A new

ANTI-AGEING METHOD

for the past 12 months

IT'S AMAZING!! 

Well informed of you.

Is there anything you could tell us that 'We don't know'?

37 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

GUYS

I HAVE found

A new

ANTI-AGEING METHOD

for the past 12 months

IT'S AMAZING!! 

I've said before this thread was like Groundhog Day and now I'm saying it again! 

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I don't know what you are on about......what has other managers issues got to do with us.

I'm talking about Steve Bruce and the tools at his disposal.

"In my head its not that he is the only manager with issues".....thats in your dreams.

"its always the current issue that leads to my sympathy"........Hey, trust me, my heart would go out to any manager with a blunt forward line.....yea, even Steve Cotterill.

But that's because its the current issue. What ever the current issue is you use to defend the manager and have done for the majority of his time here. 

And hilariously, you are setting up the next excuse with your mention of lack of pace. 

Don't remember your issue with this when signing whelan and snodgrass in the summer. Yet now, it is another excuse to be used. 

Edited by DCJonah
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Has to be one of the most controversial Villa managers in history..

I wonder if the magic roundabout, sorry, thread could reach 2000 pages before he is sacked?

Really ?

I would say he is amongst the least controversial. He was clear favourite after we sacked RDM - The results have been slightly worse than I expected - True. - But can't see the controversy myself. Outside this forum there is no calling for his head, and he hasn't really done anything that controversial  - He might have done somethings you disagree with - but calling him one of the most controversial managers in villa history  ? - come on - he's upset one or two posters on here - as no doubt will the guy who follows him...

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Obviously it’s my opinion. 

I disagree with your opinion. 

The reality is even despite our recent poor run we’re sitting in the playoffs. Which is where I think we’ll finish. 

That gives us a decent chance. 

Its below low where I want and expect us to be. But it’s still a decent chance. 

IN MY OPINION. 

I didn't mind you having an opinion, and said so.  I was bothered that you chastised us for not remembering it.   I should point out that we completely agree that it's below where we want and expect us to be.  (see, I can remember your opinion for a few minutes :)  )

I just think someone should be held accountable for performing pretty far below expectations.  

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Can we revisit this in 4 games? I don't see much loose change out of those

Why ? - surely the facts to date are a good measure - you seem to want to factor in poor results from the next 4 games which we haven't haven't yet played. Personally I think we will beat Shef U and Bristol City 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, hippo said:

Why ? - surely the facts to date are a good measure - you seem to want to factor in poor results from the next 4 games which we haven't haven't yet played. Personally I think we will beat Shef U and Bristol City 

good luck with that

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Thanks for that. Interesting Wolves have played the lowest away from home. Boro have been terrible and whats most annoying the only point they got was away to us with 10 men (although the ref did his utmost to even it out the absolute cretin) 

And was it not the Boro game when Hogan decided to block the ball on the line when it would have been a certain goal.

Ya know, Scott Hogan, our saviour, the best striker outside of the top 4 in the prem except Bruce just doesn't know how to use him correctly......that Hogan......

2 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

I didn't mind you having an opinion, and said so.  I was bothered that you chastised us for not remembering it.   I should point out that we completely agree that it's below where we want and expect us to be.  (see, I can remember your opinion for a few minutes :)  )

I just think someone should be held accountable for performing pretty far below expectations.  

I agree someone should. 

But I don’t want to throw the baby out with the bath water. 

Sacking Bruce even though it would be detrimental to us would be silly. 

5 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

We could lose every game between now and the 2nd and still not be out of contention.

We beat who we had to beat, how was it a false position?

We could be 20 points off 2nd by then, that would in my book put us out of contention of automatic promotion.

What I mean by the false position in November is that we had yet to play Leeds, Derby, Bristol City, Sheffield U and a couple of other good sides before the mid season point. By avoiding these teams earlier in the season we accumulated more points than we would have had we played these good teams earlier in the season. Decembers record so far has proved that as we are slipping further away from 2nd than when December started.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Who put this squad together and has been working with and coaching them for over a year? 

And who has seen two of our only genuine pace players out all season (Green, Kodjia).

But yeah, he should be able to see into the future as well as manage a football team

And before you say 'plan for it', we don't have that luxury due to FFP and other issues, if teams lose key players unless they're one of the top 4 it's highly likely that they'll be relatively irreplaceable.

As it is we've lost many key players this season, I wonder how much better we'd be doing if the likes of Green, Grealish, Kodjia and latterly Terry had been fit all season.

Â