Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

With very little funds due to FFP I do not see hoe it is more attractive considering half of the squad will have gone too.

We need to act soon if results do not improve or we are definately another Boro/Leeds/Coventry/Forest waiting to happen.

It isn't more attractive. There just will be more managers looking for a job in june.

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Maybe an extreme example but watching Bristol City tonight and how committed and on the front foot they were against a very strong Man. United team from the first minute. They were sent on in that manner from their manager.

I can only think how SB would approach a similar game...the problem is we play a restricted game against mid table teams at this level.

We need to wise up as we might have to beat Bristol over two legs in the play offs.

Johnsons ideas are not old hat though. He understands that aggression on the front foot and a high press can work extremely well, so this is ingrained throughout the club, from the coaching and fitness regimes the first team undertake to the coaching and fitness that the youth team gets. Everything is well planned, thoughtout and consistent. Bruce is simply the opposite of this, very little planning and bad ideas all round. The next manager is going to have a fairly big rebuilding job on his hands when Bruce is inevitably sacked, whether that's during this season or at the end when he fails to deliver. 

• Like 3

I personally think sacking him now and the disruption it would cause to a team Bruce has assembled would be more damaging to the current season than it would if we stuck with him. 

If fans are accepting there is no chance of promotion and are thinking long term then I understand why they would want a change now. Give the new manager longer at the club to prepare  for next season. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I personally think sacking him now and the disruption it would cause to a team Bruce has assembled would be more damaging to the current season than it would if we stuck with him. 

This.

Our best chance this season is Steve Bruce, unfortunately.

And that chance is still a fairly good one. It's easy to forget that in this thread.

• Like 2

I fully expect us to be out of contention come 2nd Jan. The fixtures coming up are quite difficult, and with Bruces record in difficult fixtures we'll probably drop to 8th or lower.

Bruce got lucky with the fixture list by avoiding these bigger clubs so we were in a bit of a false position in November.

Will DrT accept being out of the playoffs at halfway stage? I don't think so, so Bruce really needs to get his act together in the next few games but I cant see how he can with the way we've been playing all season.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I fully expect us to be out of contention come 2nd Jan. The fixtures coming up are quite difficult, and with Bruces record in difficult fixtures we'll probably drop to 8th or lower.

Bruce got lucky with the fixture list by avoiding these bigger clubs so we were in a bit of a false position in November.

Will DrT accept being out of the playoffs at halfway stage? I don't think so, so Bruce really needs to get his act together in the next few games but I cant see how he can with the way we've been playing all season.

This for me.

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This.

Our best chance this season is Steve Bruce, unfortunately.

And that chance is still a fairly good one. It's easy to forget that in this thread.

Easier than forgetting the mediocre shit we have endured all season Stevo?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Junxs said:

You could quite easily say the fixture list has been unkind when you look at this months games. I dont get all this  "easy games" everyone plays same teams you are where you are because you have obtained the points against whats in front of you.

I am sure sky are going to highlight his record against top 6 teams and bruce will want to address that.

First thing he addressed was not conceding in last 10 mins in games

Then it was to win games

Then it was to win away games

Then it was to win x amount of games in a row

Then it was to win on sky

Now its his performance against top 6 clubs. Be mastered all the ones prior so i expect he will with this too.

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

Easier than forgetting the mediocre shit we have endured all season Stevo?

Thats abit harsh rigo it hasnt been all season. I would say since first 3 games and the beginning of this month.  Otherwise its been fairly decent

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Maybe an extreme example but watching Bristol City tonight and how committed and on the front foot they were against a very strong Man. United team from the first minute. They were sent on in that manner from their manager.

I can only think how SB would approach a similar game...

You only have to look at how he approached a cup game against a Spurs second string to get your answer to that one.

Thats when I really started to question Bruce’s tenure at the Villa.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You could quite easily say the fixture list has been unkind when you look at this months games. I dont get all this  "easy games" everyone plays same teams you are where you are because you have obtained the points against whats in front of you.

I am sure sky are going to highlight his record against top 6 teams and bruce will want to address that.

First thing he addressed was not conceding in last 10 mins in games

Then it was to win games

Then it was to win away games

Then it was to win x amount of games in a row

Then it was to win on sky

Now its his performance against top 6 clubs. Be mastered all the ones prior so i expect he will with this too.

I do hope you are right Dem.

7 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I do hope you are right Dem.

I think he will. I think  we were good for a draw at Derby had whelan not made such a idiotic mistake early in the game. I think we can win two of the sheff united,  bristol city and boro games

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats abit harsh rigo it hasnt been all season. I would say since first 3 games and the beginning of this month.  Otherwise its been fairly decent

Decent yes but the expectation was higher than that and with few exceptions performances have been poor.

Just now, striker said:

Decent yes but the expectation was higher than that and with few exceptions performances have been poor.

Yeah you wont get me arguing there it needs to be far better if you wnat to finish in top two. i dont think we will now unless we build another 6-7 game winning streak and with the injuries and no kodjia i cant see it myself. i think play offs though. the derby game was a disaster result we really could not afford to lose that one and we did like losers 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I think he will. I think  we were good for a draw at Derby had whelan not made such a idiotic mistake early in the game. I think we can win two of the sheff united,  bristol city and boro games

Personally I feel the only game of those three that Villa will gain any points is against Sheffield United but I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, striker said:

Personally I feel the only game of those three that Villa will gain any points is against Sheffield United but I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Seconded.

This is also how it looks but would love Bruce to prove us wrong for the sake of our clubs' so near future.

21 minutes ago, striker said:

We couldn't beat Boro at home when they had 10 men for 70 - 80 minutes we have no chance at the riverside.

As for Sheffield United and Bristol City they both have managers who galvanize their players and get them playing well above their abilities could you see us turning over Manure?

Considering we have one of the best squads in the division imagine if we had a manager who could do that.....

It would be a change from seeing the same dull, one paced, safety first, percentage football week in week out.

Do we actually have a second gear i haven't seen us use it all season.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If fans are accepting there is no chance of promotion and are thinking long term then I understand why they would want a change now. Give the new manager longer at the club to prepare  for next season. 

I disagree. 

We have a squad full of championship quality and some very experienced players, i seriously doubt they would collapse because steve bruce is no longer telling them what to do. 

• Like 1

Â