Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

No. He was discussing him because he saw a piece about the Spurs manager and thought it related to Bruce as well.

He was in no way comparing their abilities as managers, just the situations they find themselves in.

I thought it was pretty clear.

Spot on Stevo, thanks.

i thought it was clear too.;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's going to be a LONG International Break of the same debates isn't it?

On the evidence so far the gloomsters and doomsters will just get more and more depressed, negative and miserable.

Just brooding about the past and how crap we have been.

All they see is black...

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

100%^

But some dont see it this way hence they have an alternative opinion

We / i see exactly what you write and your points of view and that of Mykeyb.....i just have an alternative view.

I am not sure that i categorically disagree, i just see a different solution from sacking SB at this moment in time.

we can all cite varying examples to prove our points, but it is rather pointless as so many factors are at play.....i could say look at Blues, with Rowett and Redknapp, so much for sacking managers......and then we could say, look at Wolves and Cardiff.....so pointless is the word. 

GH its all been said by us all.....we are either with him or not.

but in the cold light of day he is our manager, until he is gone.....I will support him, especially when we are achieving the results we are......if he produces a long run of poor results i will have to review my original thoughts.

We all want a winning manager and more importantly a winning team.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

What evidence is that then?

All I see is the so called "bruce bashers" (myself included) happy that Villa are winning. From my own perspective, If it lasts I will be very happy, If we get promoted I will be ecstatic. Most of the Gloomsters and Doomsters will be as well. 

There are a few people on here that for some reason think that anyone who posts criticisms of Bruce has some sort of personal agenda against him, or some form of mental issue where they cannot be happy - we don't, we just want to see our team succeed, and if Bruce is not achieving that (which he hasn't been) then we will say so, and dont need anyone's permission to do so. 

We have won a few games, and are now on a decent run, however, that does not negate the 11 months of shit we have had to put up with from a manager who was out of his depth, and who has rightly been criticized for it. He has managed to start treading water now, and hopefully he will learn to swim over the next few games. 

That does not mean that we are out of the woods, and to think otherwise is ridiculous and naive. A collection of wins against poor teams is the minimum we should expect from a team chasing promotion - Next few games are the crucial ones, both in terms of performance and results.

The jury is very much still out on Bruce. 

But can you explain.....what has last season got to do with this season...  its gone and the opinions on it, with it.

It has no bearing on this season at all.....why bring it up?

good, bad or indifferent....its irrelevant now.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

On the evidence so far the gloomsters and doomsters will just get more and more depressed, negative and miserable.

All they see is black...

sorry, but this post sounds much more depressed, miserable, and negative than i feel.   I'm enjoying the good run for results.  Sorry that my opinion about the previous 10 months and my uncertainty about the rest of this one is so distressing to you, but I'm not going to change it, just for the sake of your happiness. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

All I see is the so called "bruce bashers" (myself included) happy that Villa are winning. 

I don't think you've been looking very hard then. :)

Edited by briny_ear

5 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

last season is more relevant than a history of 4 promotions, surely.

Why is it? He has shown with the right players he can get teams promoted, last season we didn't have the right team.  Hopefully, this season he does.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TRO said:

But can you explain.....what has last season got to do with this season...  its gone and the opinions on it, with it.

So does the same apply to Bruce's past with promotions from the league previously. 

Last season paints part of the picture why some of us don't have much faith in him getting us promoted this season. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villianusa said:

Why is it? He has shown with the right players he can get teams promoted, last season we didn't have the right team.  Hopefully, this season he does.

He has also shown, during last season, that he cant get the right players to play football.

Last season has so far, bar the last 4 games and only because we have won, been identical to this one. The boring football has been the same.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, briny_ear said:

All they see is black...

Nice to see you have declared doomgate well and truelly open with your post!    ;) :thumb:

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

So does the same apply to Bruce's past with promotions from the league previously. 

Last season paints part of the picture why some of us don't have much faith in him getting us promoted this season. 

I guess it does yes.....the conditions at those clubs are different to ours.

However,The only point i would make on that comparison is 

• one is the history/ seasons of a manager gaining promotion with a completed team
  • The other is the history/ season of a team in a complete rebuild

we are a completed team for now, so this season would be the one to compare, not last season.

Edited by TRO

We have a decent team and very strong squad - with the recent momentum built we have got back in the pack and now we need to keep it going and kick on from here - Bruce has certainly bought himself some time and must grasp the nettle and keep this momentum going - yes October may be tough but there is no reason why we cannot beat wolves Fulham and blues .

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

All I see is the so called "bruce bashers" (myself included) happy that Villa are winning. From my own perspective, If it lasts I will be very happy, If we get promoted I will be ecstatic. Most of the Gloomsters and Doomsters will be as well. 

There are a few people on here that for some reason think that anyone who posts criticisms of Bruce has some sort of personal agenda against him, or some form of mental issue where they cannot be happy - we don't, we just want to see our team succeed, and if Bruce is not achieving that (which he hasn't been) then we will say so, and dont need anyone's permission to do so. 

We have won a few games, and are now on a decent run, however, that does not negate the 11 months of shit we have had to put up with from a manager who was out of his depth, and who has rightly been criticized for it. He has managed to start treading water now, and hopefully he will learn to swim over the next few games. 

That does not mean that we are out of the woods, and to think otherwise is ridiculous and naive. A collection of wins against poor teams is the minimum we should expect from a team chasing promotion - Next few games are the crucial ones, both in terms of performance and results.

100%

very much post of the said now.

The scowling at any critisism or sceptisism towards Bruce is absolutely out of order imho.

It is my and many others opinion that what we have as a 1st 11 and bench is the best this league has, we should be walking it and be no lower than 2nd.

When we are 1st/2nd for a convincing period of the season and look like staying there it will be first then that I will consider Bruce is doing his job to a satisfactory level. IMHO.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TRO said:

may I remind you that THIS SEASON we are still not in a promotion place.

the relevant now is exactly that fact

Edited by Grasshopper

12 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

We have won a few games, and are now on a decent run, however, that does not negate the 11 months of shit we have had to put up with from a manager who (was out of his depth, and who) has rightly been criticized for it. He has managed to start treading water now, and hopefully he will learn to swim over the next few games. 

If those 7 words and a comma weren't there I'd have liked that. Good post though.

2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

may I remind you that THIS SEASON we are still not in a promotion place.

the relevant now is exactly that fact

Yet....

We had a bad start and are recovering slowly.

We are top of the form league and if that continues we will walk the league.....and there is as much chance of that happening as resorting back to last seasons form.....we need to be more upbeat.

I have no reason to get carried away, and yes i do see the stuff that harbours doubts in folks minds, but equally i have no reason to doubt every iffy performance we have as if that is the true form and the Norwich and Barnsley games are a freak.

one is no more true than the other, consistency is what we aspire too and thats what training ground work should aim for.

This is a tough old league to get out of and you have to dig deep to get the points to get out.....rarely do opposition players allow you to show boat in this league and wallow in expansive football....its customary to have grind out results.

if you sat next to me you would hear my mutterings of discontent at our play at times( being mindful of not letting it get to the pitch) with loud outbursts of " come on villa" or "come on you lions".... to blow away the cobwebs of gloom.

Those last four wins don't come easy and to keep bashing the manager is not helping anything.

I hear all the arguments about Steve Bruce and I accept that some fans will change as results for the better change.....but some never will and its no good them being lumped together as if they are all on the same hymn sheet.....they are not.They will never be happy until he has gone despite the protestations to the contrary.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

I accept that is your stance.....but not all Bruce bashers share the same opinion.

There are more than one camp within a camp.

• some are genuinly driven by the standard of football on show and will alter their view on him accordingly.
  • some just don't like him and will find any angle to distort events to make their argument credible against him.

If someone had the conkers to say i just don't like/ rate him and never will.....i would at least give them credit for honesty, but in the main they just try to formulate agendas to justify their despise.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Yet....

We had a bad start and are recovering slowly.

We are top of the form league and if that continues we will walk the league.....and there is as much chance of that happening as resorting back to last seasons form.....we need to be more upbeat.

I have no reason to get carried away, and yes i do see the stuff that harbours doubts in folks minds, but equally i have no reason to doubt every iffy performance we have as if that is the true form and the Norwich and Barnsley games are a freak.

one is no more true than the other, consistency is what we aspire too and thats what training ground work should aim for.

This is a tough old league to get out of and you have to dig deep to get the points to get out.....rarely do opposition players allow you to show boat in this league and wallow in expansive football....its customary to have grind out results.

if you sat next to me you would hear my mutterings of discontent at our play at times( being mindful of not letting it get to the pitch) with loud outbursts of " come on villa" or "come on you lions".... to blow away the cobwebs of gloom.

Those last four wins don't come easy and to keep bashing the manager is not helping anything.

I hear all the arguments about Steve Bruce and I accept that some fans will change as results for the better change.....but some never will and its no good them being lumped together as if they are all on the same hymn sheet.....they are not.They will never be happy until he has gone despite the protestations to the contrary.

please Tro

you may remind me when we are 1st/2nd in the table. Then IF we are 1st/2nd at the end of the season Your HT-drink is on me ok?

Â