Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Sky sports say "this latest display did little to mark them out as serious promotion contenders as it was a frustrating and indifferent performance" 

Says it all. Bruce has one remit and even his mates in the press can clearly see he is not meeting it. 

Someone mentioned he wants the sack. I agree with this. Turning on fans, Picking injured or tired players then saying it's his fault afterwards. Saying it's the worst we ever played under him even though it's now pretty much his team.  Talking about how he has to balance books and clean up the mess.

It all point to Xia sack me please and give me my compo. This will continue until the inevitable happens. Football management at big clubs must be the only job you get rewarded financially if you fail. (And banking).

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

57 minutes ago, Latz said:

My fear is that if we get rid, the replacement could be worse. 

Thats like worrying about the aftermath of an operation to remove cancer. 

Bruce is slowly killing any chance of promotion. Lets deal with the immediate danger and then worry about his replacement. 

14 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I haven't commented in this thread for a good 4 or 5 weeks. Possibly as far back as the Cardiff game. At that stage I was still happy to give Bruce time. Obviously as long as he is manager then there is a chance he can turn things around. but I don't  now see that happening though.

Where he is most pissing me off is that he has gone from bigging the club up to now playing us down. He said yesterday that we are playing the favourites for promotion on Tuesday. That they have invested heavily over the summer. It was clear he was trying to be clever and sneakily suggest that he hasn't been backed. He has though. He spent good money in January. Over the summer in Terry, Whelan, Snodgrass he has brought in three players on wages 99% of other Championship clubs could only dream of. He has been backed and some. Regardless though when he came in he acknowledged the club had spent a fortune, that it couldn't continue and that the squad was very good for this level.

He has been a huge disappointment for me. I looked at his CV and thought he was the right fit for where we are and where we initially need to get to. Thought having captained Man Utd he would be able to handle the pressure of leading the biggest fish in the pond. Ten odd months since he arrived though shows he can't. He has gone into self preservation mode and is getting his excuses in whilst still in the job for why he has failed. The players aren't stupid and will see that and when it gets to that stage the writing is on the wall and he now has to be moved on.

Sums up how I feel exactly. 

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

I do, he's not a good manager.

Historically, he is at this level. History proves that. I'd have thought with the money and players at his disposal he would have made a far better job of it than he has. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, av1 said:

Thats like worrying about the aftermath of an operation to remove cancer. 

Bruce is slowly killing any chance of promotion. Lets deal with the immediate danger and then worry about his replacement. 

Would be good management to have had an eye on a successor for some time by now - I'd hope he goes and a new manage comes in straight away as clubs like man city and Southampton have done .

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I think he knows he is done and I think he is now waiting for the axe to fall, actively encouraging it even.

No doubt In  my mind he has lost the players - that was not a team playing to save their managers skin . 

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

No doubt In  my mind he has lost the players - that was not a team playing to save their managers skin . 

Well he has squarely put the blame on them in recent weeks, blame I'm not convinced was justified, that's a sure fire way to lose the dressing room.

• Like 2

Just now, Eastie said:

Would be good management to have had an eye on a successor for some time by now - I'd hope he goes and a new manage comes in straight away as clubs like man city and Southampton have done .

I couldn't agree more. To not have been planning for the future would be a dereliction of duty. 

I know its not what @Latz was saying, but i have read, and heard (at yesterdays game) people saying 'Bruce is sh#t but we may aswell keep him because who would we replace him with'

That to me is a ridiculous attitude to have. 

If there's a market for next boss, (which there probably is as I havent checked), I'd lump a tenner on Dean Smith. It seems the easy choice and would get the majority of fans onside as he's "one of us".

Villa dont generally do innovative, exciting or ambitious appointments.

24 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

Time to go, trouble is I wouldn't have a clue who to replace him with!! 

Neither do I but that is for the people in charge to get right. They should have already been doing due dilegence on the next man. They should have countless names throughout Europe already researched.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I think he knows he is done and I think he is now waiting for the axe to fall, actively encouraging it even.

I got the impression listening to his interview yesterday. He stuttered the whole way through, he sounded defeated. 

Â