Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

55 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I smell a Troll. 

You have come on here blatantly spouting a lot of highly inflammatory garbage purely to incite heated responses and generally piss people off and by your own admission you are not a follower of this great club. Anyone who supports this club knows when he arrived we were just 2 points off the relegation zone with just one win all season. Until yesterday we still had an outside chance of a play off spot after winning 7 in 8 games. But you apparently still think this is where we were when he took over? 

Why are you here? You are clearly not a supporter of this club. 

No I clearly am a supporter of the club hence why I want it to progress and not be happily stuck in the championship, something some not all of ye think. Its pathetic that I get called a troll because I dont agree with some supporters on blind following of Bruce. Where have I by my own admission said Im not a follower of this great club. So he took over a team 10 points out of the play offs and through some brilliant motivation and tactical nous we are now 11 points outside the playoffs. We never had a chance of playoffs this was made clear at christmas 

2 hours ago, astonaidan said:

Anyone who thinks Bruce is better than Sherwood should also be avoided, those really know nothing about football and base everything on what SKY tells them

Or indeed the facts insead of rhetoric designed purely to invoke a response. I don't even know why I have fallen for gracing this utter nonsense with a response. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, astonaidan said:

Anyone who thinks Bruce is better than Sherwood should also be avoided, those really know nothing about football and base everything on what SKY tells them

I think its nap time

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mjvilla said:

No. You're jumping the gun. I was suggesting that if those clubs are where they are now, then maybe Bruce was overachieving by being where he had them? It's not difficult. I didn't once suggest that those clubs demise came about because he left them. But that doesn't fit into your anti-Bruce agenda. 

Ill put the question out there again, like I've put it out there many times and never really got a decent response. Who, realistically, can we attract who will do the job you want? 

This question is for all the people who want Bruce out because I genuinely want an answer that will make me think 'actually, yeah... he would do a better job than bruce'

You havent a clue buddy, have a quick look through history rather than spouting rubbish

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Or indeed the facts insead of rhetoric designed purely to invoke a response. I don't even know why I have fallen for gracing this utter nonsense with a response. 

Because you realise you may be one of the sheep who blindly follow whats told. You havent put forward a coherent argument so you may aswell spout nonsense. Although a similar tactic got Trump in office and Brexit pass. The uneducated follow the loudest noise

What has become of this thread?

I like healthy debating and there are clearly plusses and negatives with Bruce in charge. Yes, we're getting results but it ain't pretty and he's experienced in getting teams promoted but also relegated as examples. 

He's not going to be everyone's cup of tea but we have just had one of the best runs of successive wins and clean sheets and still fans are unhappy....

there has been some utter drivel over the last 10 pages going over the same old shite like a broken record

Time to wield the ignore button and saunter through off topic until half term is over. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, astonaidan said:

No I clearly am a supporter of the club hence why I want it to progress and not be happily stuck in the championship, something some not all of ye think. Its pathetic that I get called a troll because I dont agree with some supporters on blind following of Bruce. Where have I by my own admission said Im not a follower of this great club. So he took over a team 10 points out of the play offs and through some brilliant motivation and tactical nous we are now 11 points outside the playoffs. We never had a chance of playoffs this was made clear at christmas 

11 points behind the play offs after the number of games now played is a different comparison to 10 points behind after the number of games played when he took over its a pointless comparison. 

It's funny you call people blindly following Bruce when there are good facts and figures to make them believe he is the right man.  Yet you can't see that you are blindly criticising him. 

I'm not going to get into a long series of tit for tat with you as it will be pointless. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

Just now, theboyangel said:

It could be argued the uneducated (as you put it) repeatedly shout the loudest trying to convince themselves and others they're right. 

Oh I know Im right, Ive been called a troll for now agreeing with the sheep. So yeah I know where I stand, in December if it turns out were tearing away with the championship and playing decent football, Ill hold my hands up and 100% apologize for wanting him gone. Will the Bruce fanatics do the same if were languishing in mid table, I doubt it, more likely will still be blaming RDM and Sherwood and saying he just needs a few more quality signings

4 minutes ago, astonaidan said:

Oh I know Im right, Ive been called a troll for now agreeing with the sheep. So yeah I know where I stand, in December if it turns out were tearing away with the championship and playing decent football, Ill hold my hands up and 100% apologize for wanting him gone. Will the Bruce fanatics do the same if were languishing in mid table, I doubt it, more likely will still be blaming RDM and Sherwood and saying he just needs a few more quality signings

StrawMan2.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

11 points behind the play offs after the number of games now played is a different comparison to 10 points behind after the number of games played when he took over its a pointless comparison. 

It's funny you call people blindly following Bruce when there are good facts and figures to make them believe he is the right man.  Yes you can't see that you are blindly criticising him. 

I'm not going to get into a long series of tit for tat with you as it will be pointless. 

Hahaha ah stop buddy, we have fallen even further away from the playoffs but you still argue. You wont get into a long argument as your argument has no foundation. You would think a top manager at this level would have got us closer to the play offs after spending what he did in January instead of falling further back. Every criticism I have of Bruce has been validated by the stats. A lucky winning streak when we were out of the playoffs means nothing to me. 

Just now, astonaidan said:

This only shows you have nothing proper to add to the conversation dude, but yeah carry on

You're right. I can't add to a conversation which is you inventing strawmen to argue against.

Your mind is made up, your agenda is set and you won't sway from it.

I quite agree I have nothing to add to that

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

You're right. I can't add to a conversation which is you inventing strawmen to argue against.

Your mind is made up, your agenda is set and you won't sway from it.

I quite agree I have nothing to add to that

So pretty much just confirming you have no solid argument against anything I said. Thanks for that brah

25 minutes ago, astonaidan said:

:crylaugh: 

Bruce came into this club taking over a team 10 points from the play-off places. That team was falling to the bottom of the league but he managed to squeeze some vital results. It was clear to everyone we needed a good few more players. Its a shame the players that came in couldn't instantly gel into the team and hit the ground running. There was a very worrying point when i thought they had got it wrong in January and we were doomed but given time and the returning Kodjia this team is coming together nicely. Any team that can look shite and still get results is a team that knows how to win. I think they have got it spot on. So to be 11 points away from 6th considering the slump we had whilst we had a bunch of players that had never played in the same team before is very promising. 

Â