Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

17 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Teams getting relegated from the PL have been financially better equipped for years. The gap has been massive for decades now. Yet the statistics are clear to see - normally no more than one of the teams relegated goes back up the following year. 

Football is not simply decided by comparing bank accounts. 

Agree mate. Sunderland could potentially implode if they come down and hull only have about 17 players in the squad. We will have had a season in this league and the players are starting to gel, if we can finish pretty well this season (another 15-20 points) then I think it puts us in a great position to challenge next season. We will have the added bonus that we don't need a mass overhaul we are probably 2-3 players away from a title winning side. UTV

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

Agree mate. Sunderland could potentially implode if they come down and hull only have about 17 players in the squad. We will have had a season in this league and the players are starting to gel, if we can finish pretty well this season (another 15-20 points) then I think it puts us in a great position to challenge next season. We will have the added bonus that we don't need a mass overhaul we are probably 2-3 players away from a title winning side. UTV

raw

Praise! Testify!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JE- said:

No point sacking him now and I also know he's manager next season so it's a pointless discussion 

There is a guy out of work who I'd approach and that's marcelino 

Nailed on to bring success .....is he?

I have known times when we have been turned over by the fighting spirit of bottom of the table teams.

We can't be critical all of the time.

Turning this demise around, was never going to be like switching on a light.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

Curse you !

I nearly got away with convincing myself not to renew !!

• Like 1

While i have been critical of his style of football previously. I am impressed in last few games with our midfielders getting into opposition box. 1st half was Bjarnason and then when he came off Hourihane was bombing forward

• Like 1

Agree. I think he was too careful it's much better now.

I know the argument is he can do it now with Jedi but I think he could've tried it anyway.

Anyway hopefully that's history. We've certainly got bodies forward more since second half v Derby.

2 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Kodjia has cost £11m and our net spend is under £30m.

I'd love to see how you worked that out... Kodja will cost us close to 15m

Our spend is closer to 40m net 

9 minutes ago, JE- said:

I'd love to see how you worked that out... Kodja will cost us close to 15m

Our spend is closer to 40m net 

If I'm correct your view is Bruce should do better given the money spent ?

I don't think anyone actually disagrees with that, and I don't think it really makes much difference whether Kodja cost £5m, £15m, or £50 m does it ? Nor does it make much difference whether our net spend was £5m, or £45m .

I think the main differences of opinion are not whether we should be doing better but whether he's had enough time to do better or whether he deserves more given his record and our state as a Club.

Surely you aren't arguing that where we are in the League, or where Kodja is in a list of scorers, should directly correlate to money spent without any context ?

16 hours ago, Jareth said:

You may have missed the fact that when Tony and RDM started they said promotion was hopefully a 1 year target but it may take 2 years. If you were expecting Bruce to deliver promotion given when he started at the club, then you are part of the problem, i.e. ridiculous expectations, constant manager swaps, failure. 

Didn't Tony Xia also say we'd be one of the biggest clubs in world football within 5 years?  I mean, maybe we will be.... but the problem with "ridiculous expectations" partly comes from such expectations being set by the guy who owns the club.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

While i have been critical of his style of football previously. I am impressed in last few games with our midfielders getting into opposition box. 1st half was Bjarnason and then when he came off Hourihane was bombing forward

Almost like new players are starting to settle and understand their teammates or something.  Almost.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Didn't Tony Xia also say we'd be one of the biggest clubs in world football within 5 years?  I mean, maybe we will be.... but the problem with "ridiculous expectations" partly comes from such expectations being set by the guy who owns the club.

If you want to reach the moon, shoot for the stars :)

Â