Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

28 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Totally agree , we are showing signs of a decent team as the players settle in and will be better still with hogan to put away chances .

i see a top 10 finish as progress considering the changes made and the mess we were in - we need to hit the ground running in August .

Does Hogan fit in this team?

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm not sure. I thought the way forward was Hogan up front and Kodjia playing on the left. But, Kodjia has had a few very good games up front on his own so perhaps that's the way forward? 

49 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Two games coming up that I am currently expecting us to lose, despite current form. I still don't think we are a good footballing side yet, Huddersfield and Sheff Weds are. (We were beat on possession and passes completed by the bottom team who have half the points of the team above them today). 

Lets see if we can get a surprise. Expectations set. I'd like to be proven wrong. 

They are ALL good if you let them be.

Thats what makes a good side, don't let the other good sides have their own way.

We should be absolutely, looking forward to these games..... and win UGLY

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Arguably at this stage....no one fits in, because we are trying to get a team......but we'll get there.

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Totally agree , we are showing signs of a decent team as the players settle in and will be better still with hogan to put away chances .

i see a top 10 finish as progress considering the changes made and the mess we were in - we need to hit the ground running in August .

this, as long as we carry on building form, confidence and momentum towards the season end, with a couple of additions in the summer (rather than the mass overhauls of the last couple of years), we will hopefully be ready for a promotion push next season.

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Just watched the highlights. Not sure how we played but we had plenty of good chances. 

In hindsight I was probably too critical in the match thread during the game. 

What were you critical of? There was very little to criticise to be honest. We're still a work in progress but they seem to be growing. 

I guess we did sit back a bit at 1-0, which was frustrating. However it feels like the nervousness is starting to dissipate. Winning can only help that. 

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

What were you critical of? There was very little to criticise to be honest. We're still a work in progress but they seem to be growing. 

I guess we did sit back a bit at 1-0, which was frustrating. However it feels like the nervousness is starting to dissipate. Winning can only help that. 

I was critical that we weren't winning during the second half. I felt these are the types of games where Bruce should be proving he's the best man for the job long term. 

Like I said, after watching the highlights I clearly let my frustration get the better of me. We clearly had lots of chances and could have really buried them early. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

I'm not sure. I thought the way forward was Hogan up front and Kodjia playing on the left. But, Kodjia has had a few very good games up front on his own so perhaps that's the way forward? 

I think 4-3-3 has to be our formation. And I think kodjia is the main striker for us. I have a feeling Hogan was signed with a plan in mind, that won't work for us. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I was critical that we weren't winning during the second half. I felt these are the types of games where Bruce should be proving he's the best man for the job long term. 

Fair enough. We should have, but it's hard to blame the manager for those misses, saves and clearances. There's little he can do on the day. We do make it hard for ourselves though I agree. 

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't vintage. But it was 'comfortable', which makes a refreshing change!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I think 4-3-3 has to be our formation. And I think kodjia is the main striker for us. I have a feeling Hogan was signed with a plan in mind, that won't work for us. 

I see hogan as the main striker with kodija playing a wider role - he prefers that role and is good at cutting in and whipping in shots from wide - either way the more options and flexible we are the better .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

You haven't read my posts, so why make up a scenario that I'm not talking about?

It's a not a debate between drawing every game and winning every game.  **** hell.

No its a debate between pretty football and ugly football...... And the accumulative effect this could have over the whole season. I think it might be you who hasn't understood my post. But then your happy to be a mid table championship team that plays like Barcelona, so maybe we just don't get each other. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

No its a debate between pretty football and ugly football...... ***** hell

So why try and compare every game being a draw versus every game being a win?  Makes no sense.

Just now, bobzy said:

So why try and compare every game being a draw versus every game being a win?  Makes no sense.

Yes it does. Playing pretty football but not getting results could put you into a dire situation. Playing ugly but getting results could get you promoted or even win the league. 

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

Yes it does. Playing pretty football but not getting results could put you into a dire situation. Playing ugly but getting results could get you promoted or even win the league. 

But as I had said many times (and hence you not reading my posts) "obviously not at the complete detriment of results".  Drawing every single game is garbage form whereas winning every single game is unreal and never happens.

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

But as I had said many times (and hence you not reading my posts) "obviously not at the complete detriment of results".  Drawing every single game is garbage form whereas winning every single game is unreal and never happens.

I have read your posts, nearly all of them, I just don't agree with some of the points you make. Sorry. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz

Huddersfield will run us off the park based on their performance just 

A team that was assembled for the price of Tommy Elphick... 

I think that sums up how abysmal this season has been 

Mid table is a disaster finish for us no matter how you want to look at it with the investment provided 

Â