Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

36 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

I've been posting here just over 12 months and been right about Bruce, RDM, Xia, Garde, Elphick, Ayew, Grealish, Gil, Gueye, Clark, Traore, Gollini, Jedinak, Chester, Baker.

All against popular opinion.

That's just off the top of my head and I could add more.

• Like 1

We need to win games for confidence and this means particularly in home games playing on the front foot and attacking teams - Barnsley will strongly fancy their chances of beating us .

for me the 352 system depends on having jedinak in the team - as he is not fit it's no good shoehorning players into that position .

play a passing game and play to the strengths of the likes of Lansbury and hourihane - otherwise what was the point of signing them if your going to ask them to play a different role .

• Like 1

Amongst many disappointments with Bruce I've been shocked by his poor man management skills. McCormack had no reputation as a trouble maker and yet Bruce managed to alienate him in a dozen games (my mate said he was brilliant for Forest yesterday, they can't believe they've got him and we are still paying much of his wages) Ayew clearly has enormous talent and yet Bruce has been unable to get anything from him and eventually swap him for the epitome of average, Neil Taylor. Amavi is someone that I expected Bruce to really get motoring and yet he looks like being the next out the door. 

I was against Bruce from the off but bought into the idea that at least he would bring harmony and industry. He hasn't and we are getting worse and worse whilst spending more and more. If we'd gone all guns blazing for Wagner I'm convinced we would be in the playoff positions now not staring down the barrel of a relegation scrap. 

Sherwood, RDM and Bruce must rank as the three worst consecutive appointments in villa history 

Two more games to find a win or we should pull the trigger and bring Little in as caretaker and then hope Huddersfield fail in the playoffs and offer Wagner whatever he wants

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Amongst many disappointments with Bruce I've been shocked by his poor man management skills. McCormack had no reputation as a trouble maker and yet Bruce managed to alienate him in a dozen games (my mate said he was brilliant for Forest yesterday, they can't believe they've got him and we are still paying much of his wages) Ayew clearly has enormous talent and yet Bruce has been unable to get anything from him and eventually swap him for the epitome of average, Neil Taylor. Amavi is someone that I expected Bruce to really get motoring and yet he looks like being the next out the door. 

I was against Bruce from the off but bought into the idea that at least he would bring harmony and industry. He hasn't and we are getting worse and worse whilst spending more and more. If we'd gone all guns blazing for Wagner I'm convinced we would be in the playoff positions now not staring down the barrel of a relegation scrap. 

Sherwood, RDM and Bruce must rank as the three worst consecutive appointments in villa history 

Two more games to find a win or we should pull the trigger and bring Little in as caretaker and then hope Huddersfield fail in the playoffs and offer Wagner whatever he wants

It's a good point on McCormack  - how much dressing room unrest has that caused I wonder ? 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

For those who say he needs more time. What are you expecting from now till the end that would convince you he can promote us next year? 

Top 10 finish as a minimum for me - not saying I expect that but if he fails to deliver then his position should be seriously reviewed.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Top 10 finish as a minimum for me - not saying I expect that but if he fails to deliver then his position should be seriously reviewed.

I think we are of a similar mindset so I'm not disagreeing with you but even if we limp up to 10th place ( I can't actually see that happening mind) I've absolutely no confidence that Bruce can translate that into promotion the season after. 

Hope for Huddersfield to fail in playoffs and get Wagner by any means necessary at the end of the season

Two more losses and we will have to do something or face relegation 

28 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

This is totally false. He got done for drink driving at Rangers and there's plenty of bad stories from his time at Leeds. 

• Like 4

I give it one loss tops 2 untill the first " I think it could be good for us with a season in league 1 to steady the ship and rebuild " posts starts.

Really loved them this time last season about the Championship .

Didn't quite work out did it.

Edited by sne
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

I think we are of a similar mindset so I'm not disagreeing with you but even if we limp up to 10th place ( I can't actually see that happening mind) I've absolutely no confidence that Bruce can translate that into promotion the season after. 

Hope for Huddersfield to fail in playoffs and get Wagner by any means necessary at the end of the season

Two more losses and we will have to do something or face relegation 

Would Wagner come to villa though ? I'm not convinced he would come .

15 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

This is totally false. He got done for drink driving at Rangers and there's plenty of bad stories from his time at Leeds. 

Drink driving and 'bad stories(?)' have nothing to do with what he does on the pitch. McCormacks previous reputation was ironically as a fantastic trainer. Whilst maybe some unsavoury episodes off the pitch, He has no reputation at all for being difficult to manage

12 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I think if Huddersfield are unsuccessful and Xia sets his mind to it we could get him. 

I'm confident that we would be looking at promotion this season if we had got him - he has worked wonders on a shoestring at Huddersfield, I'm just praying they don't go up

2 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Personally, I wouldn't get rid of Bruce yet but would let Bruce use the rest of the season for him to implement his ideas and show that he has a better plan than he is showing at present.

That to me is the flaw in the plan, I am not sure he has any plan apart from changing the starting eleven until we fluke a win.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Eastie said:

He might if they don't come up and we can sell him his very own Aston Villa project. I was keen on him before Bruce, but to be fair my knowledge of him has only been gleaned from t'interweb. 

What I have found to be the most disappointing and frustrating aspects of this season though, has been the complete lack of competence and basics we have shown on the pitch. Whilst desirable, modern and forward thinking football shouldn't be essential in this division. We're not trying to compete with the top of the Premier League. With the amount we've spent a decent steady manager who can motivate the players, should have us competing for a play off place not nervously looking over our shoulders. To be fair, that's what I thought we were getting with Bruce!

• Like 1

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

He might if they don't come up and we can sell him his very own Aston Villa project. I was keen on him before Bruce, but to be fair my knowledge of him has only been gleaned from t'interweb. 

What I have found to be the most disappointing and frustrating aspects of this season though, has been the complete lack of competence and basics we have shown on the pitch. Whilst desirable, modern and forward thinking football shouldn't be essential in this division. We're not trying to compete with the top of the Premier League. With the amount we've spent a decent steady manager who can motivate the players, should have us competing for a play off place not nervously looking over our shoulders. To be fair, that's what I thought we were getting with Bruce!

And RMD!!

8 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

I think if Huddersfield are unsuccessful and Xia sets his mind to it we could get him. 

I'm confident that we would be looking at promotion this season if we had got him - he has worked wonders on a shoestring at Huddersfield, I'm just praying they don't go up

No question Wagner is the real deal - very similar to klopp in many ways and destined for big things in my opinion .

Â