Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

22 hours ago, dpt666 said:

No not at all the teams built mate its now down playing style  

This^

The only "work" left is getting rid of the shit.

The window is closed so Any manager we have/would newly apoint has to use what we have.

Regardless of what league we are in next season or who our manager is, we will need to

1) Buy new GK - sell Gollini

2) CB cover

3) LB cover if Amavi goes

4) Back up for Jedi IF he has enough in the tank to play another season IF NOT 2 DM's

5) Get rid of Richards, Bacuna, Gardner, Gaby & McC

The good things are

Bunn, Hutton & Kozak's contracts end

The 3/5 new players we buy can be bought by any new manager.

Then again, Bruce could handle the buys and tell them to hoof it too.

Edited by Grasshopper

22 hours ago, striker said:

I posted earlier in this thread about Bruce's tactics handing the initiative to the opposition by being too negative. While it was a better performance tonight and with better luck Villa could have actually won the game comfortably, sitting off Championship teams negates the fear factor those teams might feel playing Villa.

Newcastle on the other hand whom player for player I don't believe are that much better than Villa have gone for the throat from the start. Rafa is showing very little respect to Championship teams and because of that it is those Championship teams who are standing off Newcastle allowing Newcastle's better players to express the difference in quality.

Bruce has just purchased a new ball playing midfield yet he is stifling those players asking them to play on the break when they've been playing pass and move football at their previous clubs. Hourihane in particular has become a ghost of the player he was overnight due to being asked to do something which is completely alien to him.

Watch any recent Villa throw ins. The player is standing behind the line with the ball stuck behind his neck for what seems like an eternity due to very little movement beyond the halfway line. I've noted opposing fans and the ref getting restless because they think the Villa player is time wasting. Not the case. He just hasn't anyone making enough space to throw it to. Thor actually executed a foul throw tonight for that very reason.

I like Bruce as a person and want him to do well for the Villa but reading this forum most want to see Villa play like Brentford in the previous game or indeed Forest tonight. I feel Villa have the wrong manager to do that.

Wow

you are soooooooooo right

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Eastie said:

For me the question was why take off both kodija and hogan - surely one or the other but not both - I agree the substitutions were baffling and changes should have been made earlier before grealish was sent off .

Regarding  last nights subs yes I agree with your point .

once he'd took both strikers off we had no outlet where hogan has the strength to hold up the ball and looked decent .

Well the thinking of the opposition manager was:

"huh, he's taking off both goal threats, their only MFer protecting the defence, errrr, ok.

(Shouts to team)

Go for it lads, they've waved the white flag"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Genuine question as I don't know....

Has there been examples of Steve Bruce going on rechid runs and turning it around or is he a Alan pardew kinda man?

He has been relegated twice, so I guess the answer is yes. I think most managers go through runs of results like this to be fair. 

For me it's not so much the results as the performances and the crushing disappointment at such a promising start. 24 points from 12, I thought yes here we go. Gutted. 

Now the dust has settled, there are signs on Saturday late on in the game. Will he have enough about him to stick with it though, because to do otherwise would be beyond ridiculous at this stage.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

For me the forest game shows me Bruce is even more clueless than i feared he was before he arrived.

I'm convinced Bruce is not the man who signed the players in jan as apart from hogan none of them suit the 'tactics' (and i use that term is the broadest possible way) he employs.

He sets us up defensively and for counterattacking and we signed a bunch of ballplayers - mind boggling.

With Bruce in charge i only see is getting worse tbh.  His starting 11 and formation against firest was bonkers and i think the blind man down the road could see grealish should have been taken off about 20minutes before he was sent off.

And the subs he made... i mean he makes bad subs regularly but to remove your only goal threat and your only performing centre mid is just criminal.

The man has lost the plot and id rather we brought in someone else now than see him continue to f*** this up.

Hes a dinosaur without any anger hunger or teeth and should be put down

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It wasn't 5-4-0

It was 4-4-1

He played Adomah up front. Baker moved to LB to make it a traditional back four.

It was a strange decision. Not one I approved of or thought worked in any way shape or form.
But it wasn't 5-4-0. Just because you don't have any RECOGNISED strikers on the pitch, doesn't mean you're not playing someone in that role.

Sorry to appear to pull you up on this

But

If it was 4-4-1

Where was the 1 when we hoofed it?

because there was NOONE playing up front

3 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

But

If it was 4-4-1

Did we sign him as well?? :blink:

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

For me the forest game shows me Bruce is even more clueless than i feared he was before he arrived.

I'm convinced Bruce is not the man who signed the players in jan as apart from hogan none of them suit the 'tactics' (and i use that term is the broadest possible way) he employs.

He sets us up defensively and for counterattacking and we signed a bunch of ballplayers - mind boggling.

With Bruce in charge i only see is getting worse tbh.  His starting 11 and formation against firest was bonkers and i think the blind man down the road could see grealish should have been taken off about 20minutes before he was sent off.

And the subs he made... i mean he makes bad subs regularly but to remove your only goal threat and your only performing centre mid is just criminal.

The man has lost the plot and id rather we brought in someone else now than see him continue to f*** this up.

This^

Bruce Out

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

But

If it was 4-4-1

Adomah was clearly playing central, in front of the midfield.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flashingqwerty said:

Totally agree ! Get Rowett in now to bed in for the rest of the season and then get automatic promotion next year.

Â