Next Villa Manager

Richard

In order of preference. 

1. Sam Allardyce 

2. Sam Allardyce 

3. Sam Allardyce 

And so on.

Only one who stands a chance with this team and our fans IMO. Make it happen. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I think it would be a bad move for him but I must say the more managers come and go the more he looks like a genius!

He really got the short end of the stick. Feel kind of sorry for him. Should have just stayed at Norwich.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Wagner please.

How long does he get to change the style of play and get his ideas across? About 6 games? 

No chance. It's got to be a no nonsense, 'straight In there appointment' who can get the best out of the current players. 

Wagner will just be another victim of the Villa. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Infinte_Pest said:

I quite like the idea of Dean Smith, still early in his in his managerial but done very good work in both his jobs so far.  

Very good manager but I think it's a little too early for him, tbh.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

How long does he get to change the style of play and get his ideas across? About 6 games? 

No chance. It's got to be a no nonsense, 'straight In there appointment' who can get the best out of the current players. 

Wagner will just be another victim of the Villa. 

You could apply the above to any manager.  Villa are cursed etc etc.  We need to bring someone in and none of the usual lot appeal to me.  I look through the bookies odds and despair.  Wagner, as a former protégé of Klopp at Dortmund, is the most intriguing candidate for me and represents the most exciting option.  He actually knows what he's doing, as evidenced by his previous, and even moreso his current role.  I could probably make an argument for going with Steve Bruce on the basis that promotion is the be-all, and he knows how to achieve it.  But as a fan, if given the choice between a clearly up-and-coming manager like Wagner or Steve Bruce then I'll take Wagner.  But if it's not Wagner, then I'll take Bruce over the other lot.

• Like 4

Only at Villa would it come a time where Sam Allardyce would bizarre become exactly what we need but he himself become unemployable.

I honestly can't think of anyone gettable that I'd really like, I just hope he can do the following:

Put out a team which consists of midfielders.

Puts players in thier correct positions.

Wins some games. 

This would mean he would instantly become the best of the last 3 managers we have hired.

UTV. 

Edited by dounavilla

44 minutes ago, hippo said:

I wouldn't be. 

Pearson was nailed on - but Xia plucked RDM from nowhere.  I really don't know if Xia would go for someone as 'dour' as Bruce (I think hes the best for us - but Dr Tony might want someone a bit more flash) 

There lies part of our problem.....its the grass roots that missing.

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

This is while the FA are still deciding whether Sam will be allowed to be involved with football in England?  Villa don't need that kind of negative publicity, and it also flies in the face of previous tweets by Dr. Xia about hiring the right kind of people, relating to character.  I think for a few different reasons, Sam is just not going to happen, and I for one am not unhappy about that.

As I said the other day, unless the FA have more dirt on him we don't know about, he will sue them to the high heavens if they try and ban him and rightly fecking so. a measley fine coming his way at worst. 

Best man for the job by a country mile. 

I like the likes of Wagner too, but not here and not now. 

Just now, wazzap24 said:

I like the likes of Wagner too, but not here and not now.

I get that logic.  I do.  It's what I would have said about Remi Garde (before he ballsed it up).  But Wagner has come in and got a relatively mediocre Huddersfield Town sitting atop the Championship.  That's what has convinced me that we need to get him before that ship sails.  Which it will pretty quickly IMO.  I imagine if some Premier League clubs start dumping their managers then Wagner with his Dortmund CV will be very high up on their wishlists too.  Basically if we don't go for him now, then I suspect we'll never get him.

Bruce for me.

But I have to say that the more important question really is, why cant a team with the players we already have win games ? As far as the team goes we must be in the top 3 in the championship so why cant we win games ? is it the wrong tactics, players in the wrong position or what ?

What can the next manager do to get this lot firing on all cylinders ?

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

You could apply the above to any manager.  Villa are cursed etc etc.  We need to bring someone in and none of the usual lot appeal to me.  I look through the bookies odds and despair.  Wagner, as a former protégé of Klopp at Dortmund, is the most intriguing candidate for me and represents the most exciting option.  He actually knows what he's doing, as evidenced by his previous, and even moreso his current role.  I could probably make an argument for going with Steve Bruce on the basis that promotion is the be-all, and he knows how to achieve it.  But as a fan, if given the choice between a clearly up-and-coming manager like Wagner or Steve Bruce then I'll take Wagner.  But if it's not Wagner, then I'll take Bruce over the other lot.

Wasn't Paul Lambert another protege......being close is not being the same.

Pep said this week.....i can tell/ show folk all my coaching methods but its not the same as when i do it.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Wasn't Paul Lambert another protege......being close is not being the same.

Pep said this week.....i can tell/ show folk all my coaching methods but its not the same as when i do it.

I'm not saying that being a protégé automatically makes you as good.  He is actually on top of the league we're trying (badly) to win, and he's doing it with a midtable team. The whole Dortmund thing is only 'by the by' but it does make him that bit more intriguing.  Anyway, that's my case made.  Let's see who we end up with, and hope it's not Colin the rocket.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Bruce for me.

But I have to say that the more important question really is, why cant a team with the players we already have win games ? As far as the team goes we must be in the top 3 in the championship so why cant we win games ? is it the wrong tactics, players in the wrong position or what ?

What can the next manager do to get this lot firing on all cylinders ?

Because most of them are crap