Let's check in with Olof (Swedish Football)

Midfielder

18 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Also one other thing. In the Steve Round thread I made a slightly critical / questioning reference to our scouting infrastructure. What pains me slightly is, that time on time, there are many players continually over your way that can make the step up to Championship / Premier League yet we rarely are ever in for them. 

I would love us to do more in that way. Not just Sweden but Norway and Denmark too possibly Finland. 

Bristol Sh1tty pay 1.5m for that lad could be an absolute bargain. Look what we paid for Hogan and McCormack , though I hope Hogan comes good. 

I will watch out for this Eliasson lad good luck to him but for 1.5m I hope we assessed him and thought he won't make the grade. Otherwise, it's a bit annoying if we simply don't scan the Scandinavian leagues and miss out on potential gems. 

I think SNE and some of the lads off here might have to send in their CVs or start work as agents if we are lacking / lazy with the ScandiScouting

Cheap fees, realistic wages, committed personality types, grafters and multi lingual, on our doorstep almost, plus they're not p1ssed off by our weather... damn we are missing out. 

On another note , @sne , who in Allsvenskan are the absolute hot properties currently under the radar of foreign predators who you think stand out and do the league proud? 

Haha I'd love that.

Eliasson was one.

IFK Göteborg has a very promising young keeper in Pontus Dahlberg. Born in 99 and already the starting keeper. Loads of clubs are keeping tabs on him. Not quite ready to play at Championship level yet, but a huge prospect.

August Erlingmark is also a good prospect (98).

MFF have a striker named Mattias Svanberg (99) who's having a breakthrough season, one to keep an eye on.

Halmstad has a huge talent in Sead Haksabanovic (99) He is something special. Not "the next Zlatan" but one to follow. 

There are more of course but in general there is a big gap moving from the Allsvenskan to playing abroad. Hard to say who will thrive and who will struggle.

Of the players who are currently good enough to make an impact from day one I'd say Tinnerholm (MFF)  Christiansen (MFF) & Hopcutt (Östersund). Hammarby sold Joseph Aidoo to Genk a while back, he is decent.

2 players who I'd thought would have moved on by now is Lewicki (MFF) and Wahlqvist (IFK Norrköping) but both have stalled and not really moved on the way I hoped they would. Still young(ish) thou.

Edit: Should add there are a lot of young Swedish players who have moved abroad to Denmark, Holland, Belgium...in the last few years who could do a job in the Championship.

I've been banging on for years for us to sign Ludwig Augustinsson, he went to Werder Bremen in the summer and I'm 100% he will make the move to an even bigger club in a season or 2.

Same with Sam Larsson who is probably off to Celta Vigo soon. Very  exiting player who we could have got in previous seasons.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, sne said:

Haha I'd love that.

Eliasson was one.

IFK Göteborg has a very promising young keeper in Pontus Dahlberg. Born in 99 and already the starting keeper. Loads of clubs are keeping tabs on him. Not quite ready to play at Championship level yet, but a huge prospect.

MFF have a striker named Mattias Svanberg (99) who's having a breakthrough season, one to keep an eye on.

Halmstad has a huge talent in Sead Haksabanovic (99) He is something special. Not "the next Zlatan" but one to follow. 

There are more of course but in general there is a big gap moving from the Allsvenskan to playing abroad. Hard to say who will thrive and who will struggle.

Of the players who are currently good enough to make an impact from day one I'd say Tinnerholm (MFF)  Christiansen (MFF) & Hopcutt (Östersund). Hammarby sold Joseph Aidoo to Genk a while back, he is decent.

2 players who I'd thought would have moved on by now is Lewicki (MFF) and Wahlqvist (IFK Norrköping) but both have stalled and not really moved on the way I hoped they would. Still young(ish) thou.

Edit: Should add there are a lot of young Swedish players who have moved abroad to Denmark, Holland, Belgium...in the last few years who could do a job in the Championship.

I've been banging on for years for us to sign Ludwig Augustinsson, he went to Werder Bremen in the summer and I'm 100% he will make the move to an even bigger club in a season or 2.

Same with Sam Larsson who is probably off to Celta Vigo soon. Very  exiting player who we could have got in previous seasons.

Cheers Sne, the detail is what I wanted, thanks for your time I'll do some background reading on these lads later. 

But thanks again fella. Mr. Sne- Villa's & VillaTalk's very own Swedish scout. Official. 

• Like 1

Brommapojkarna 3-0 Trelleborgs

Still top by 4 points and a couple of goals better off than Dalkurd, who are the only real danger.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 05/08/2017 at 11:56, sne said:

Haha I'd love that.

Eliasson was one.

Going to West Ham by the looks.

Score for our resident Scandinavian scout!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Going to West Ham by the looks.

Score for our resident Scandinavian scout!

Cheers!

An initial £3m for a guy who just turned 18 is a lot of money.

But I have a feeling this might turn out to be a very good signing in the long run. Probably not quite ready to make any real impact at PL level just yet. Might be loaned out to begin with.

Shame he opted for his parents Montenegro instead of Sweden where he was born and raised.

On 06/08/2017 at 20:22, rjw63 said:
Brommapojkarna 3-0 Trelleborgs

Still top by 4 points and a couple of goals better off than Dalkurd, who are the only real danger.

They are the 2 I'd like to see go up.  Dalkurd are an interesting story, so fingers crossed for both.

It's in Swedish so you'll have to google translate, but it's basically saying that Mellberg was meeting the IFK Göteborg sporting director last night and is close to signing :hooray:

Although he claimed it was about a player transfer.

Olof Mellberg kan vara nära tränarjobbet i IFK Göteborg.

I natt träffade 39-åringen Blåvitts sportchef Mats Gren i dennes lägenhet.

Efteråt hävdade Mellberg att diskussionerna handlade om BP-backen Carl Starfelt.

Sedan Jörgen Lennartsson sparkades från jobbet som huvudtränare i IFK Göteborg har Alf Westerberg tagit över ansvaret.

Nu kan klubben ha hittat ersättaren. Enligt uppgifter till Sportbladet kan Brommapojkarnas Olof Mellberg ta över.

BP slog Örgryte på Ullevi med 2–0. Efter matchen träffade Mellberg IFK Göteborgs sportchef Mats Gren i dennes lägenhet och lämnade inte förrän efter midnatt.

”Löjligt om jag ska kommentera massa namn”

Sportbladet sökte i natt Gren för en kommentar, utan framgång.

När Sportbladet talade med honom häromdagen efter att Fotbolldirekt hävdat att Blåvitt redan var i långt gångna förhandlingar med en tilltänkt ny tränare från och med nästa säsong sa Gren:

– Det är totalt taget ur luften. Jag för inte några diskussioner med andra tränare. Först vill vi se hur det fungerar med Alf (Westerberg) och Torbjörn (Nilsson). Det finns ingen sanning i de uppgifterna, sa Gren.

Olof Mellberg är ytterligare ett namn som nämns...

– Det blir löjligt om jag ska kommentera massa namn. Jag har inte diskuterat tränarjobbet med någon. Det är alldeles för tidigt, sa Gren då.

”Diskuterade Starfelt”

När Olof Mellberg lämnade Mats Grens lägenhet i centrala Göteborg menade han att mötet enbart handlade om Brommapojkarnas Carl Starfelt.

Mittbacken sitter på ett utgående kontrakt och är klar för IFK Göteborg till nästa säsong. Presentationen ska enligt Olof Mellberg ske i dag, torsdag.

– Jag har fullt fokus på Brommapojkarna, sa Mellberg när han lämnade lägenheten.

Till Expressen säger han att några diskussioner om ett tränarjobb i IFK Göteborg inte diskuterades.

– Vi pratade om lite annat. Vi har haft kontakt den sista tiden om Calle (Starfelt), så vi pratade lite allmänt. Bytte lite erfarenheter. Och det är alltid spännande. Jag för diskussioner med BP om framtiden, det är huvudspåret. Sen får vi se, säger Olof Mellberg.

Olof Mellberg på Gamla Ullevi i matchen mot Öis.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/a/7rrv3/mellberg-i-mote-med-blavitt

First off, I don't "own" this thread but love this thread and thanks for those who update on Bromma. Have plenty of stuff going,on outside of VT but when through it I'll be posting regular updates on Sweden's Allsvenskan and Superettan, I'll get there. Thanks though.

point of this thread is all about Swedish leagues and of course our main man. One day, the great bearded one won't even be relevant to this thread and all will be relevant to the Mellberg specific thread in Other FootbLl, and we know that will happen as one day, in that he will manage abroad ,the great man will advance beyond Swedish League. Which is , no offence to the Swedish League but a compliment in that Mr Mellberg is serving more than an apprenticeship in management in Sweden. Maybe even, Mellberg will replace John Terry as manager one day you'll see. 

As for this IFK news, in a way I hope this happens. As Sne has pointed out, IFK are maybe not seen as the current powerhouse of Allsvenskan and if the bearded one goes there, it is a massive step up and challenge to restore them to their Svennis level glory, I. Confident of that. More resources, better infrastructure. 

Should that happen, Bromma will still warrant respect in our minds but our Mellberg love will switch to IFK making us all fans of Gothenburg instantly. I hope this happens for a number of reasons. I like Sne's account of the assistant manager and it sounds as Sne said, that to IFK fans in particular that it would be a dream pairing. 

Anyway, I'm rambling. But I like logging on sometimes and whatever is happening with Villa I'll always have an interest in Allsvenskan in particular and like seeing what's happening over in Sweden. I'm serious though about a trip over one day, VT away day. Asked before, no joy, may ask again, even if I have to hire a white van, hire a private investigator to track you all down, or trace your IP addresses, bundle you into said van, get some match tickets and let you out who knows, at Ullevi :huh: and set you all loose in the stadium almost like Muslims go and visit / do with that Mecca thing, except without the kidnapping. Except in this random analogy, mellberg is the Mecca, whatever stadium it be. Anyway yeah @sne keep us posted because we are all sleeping on your floor (although I can't remember if Sne lives in Stockholm) so we may have to kidnap Sne too. Who knows. Either way..... Take it easy lads! In a few months do not be alarmed of erratic white hire-van parked outside your house and be considerate to leave passports by kitchen Windows left open enough for me to reach in. Thankd

Edited by Midfielder
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

5c3a7ad5-d5f2-4f28-bc60-d4d0ddd27854?fit

I think this thread should just have pics of Olof. All the wordy stuff is superfluous.

One day all Mellberg talk will be on the Mellberg when he comes to VP and it'll be Swedish Leagues talk only. Until then and while employed in Swdeen he is ours all ours muhahahahaha hashtag MellbergLove

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

At game last night, disappointed with amount of diving from his team but they did try get ball down and play which is a credit to him. No.2 looked a good player

Zatman, our BrommaBoy, what's the news fella regarding talk of Mellberg jumping ship? 

I think the great Bearded one may have as we say "torn strips" off the divers for their "simulation" doesn't seem to be A Mellberg-compliant trait that. Those divers probably got "the hairdryer treatment" and by thati don't mean a nice quiff blow dry.

Edited by Midfielder

35 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Zatman, our BrommaBoy, what's the news fella regarding talk of Mellberg jumping ship? 

I think the great Bearded one may have as we say "torn strips" off the divers for their "simulation" doesn't seem to be A Mellberg-compliant trait that. Those divers probably got "the hairdryer treatment" and by thati don't mean a nice quiff blow dry.

I am ÖIS man ;)

As someone who always roots for the underdog, I kind of hope he doesn't go anywhere yet.  I'd certainly like to see him get promotion this season, and then see what happens in the off-season.  Ideally give it another season in the top league and hopefully put Bromma right up there and ruffle some feathers in the process.

But understandably it seems some of the big(ger) boys want to steal a march on each other and be first to his door.

On 10/08/2017 at 07:03, TheAuthority said:

5c3a7ad5-d5f2-4f28-bc60-d4d0ddd27854?fit

I think this thread should just have pics of Olof. All the wordy stuff is superfluous.

I've given this a confused face, because when I see him that's how I feel. I've just got married, I shouldn't feel like this....

• Like 2

Â