Let's check in with Olof (Swedish Football)

Midfielder

54 minutes ago, sne said:

IFK Göteborg has finally sacked manager Jörgen Lennartsson.

McGrath be praised!

Probably employ an interim manager for the remainder of the season although ex Sweden U21 manager Håkan Ericksson is touted.

If not there might be a spot for King Olof or Graham Potter next season :cheers:

Sne, I'm having one of my visions again...

What about Sven going "home"? Had great times at IFK no? aaaaand is free... 

if i was a betting man, I'd be all over Sweden's version of Ladbrokes looking to put a cheeky fiver on that, what do you think Svennis?

Sven-Goran-Eriksson-besiktas-salary-nati

edit, from Wiki ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sven-Göran_Eriksson ), a little bio on his IFK days:

IFK Göteborg[edit]

His success with assistant manager Tom Chadney by his side attracted the attention of much larger clubs, and Eriksson was appointed manager of IFK Göteborg on 1 January 1979.[11] The move was such a surprise that many of the players had never even heard of him.[7]

They finished second in the Allsvenskan and won the Svenska Cupen for the first time in the club's history, defeating Åtvidabergs FF 6–1 in the final. Although results had improved, the team's style did not make him popular. He put results ahead of flair, emphasised tactical awareness and work rate, and he reined in the team's old cavalier style.[7]

As a consequence, the average attendance fell by 3,000 to 13,320.[7] Like Grip, he was influenced by Houghton and Hodgson and played a 4–4–2 with zonal marking and heavy pressing.[7] Göteborg finished third in the 1980 season and second again in 1981. The following season, they won the treble. The team won the League and subsequent playoff, the Svenska Cupen, defeating Östers IF 3–2 in the final.[12]

Eriksson's international breakthrough came during the spring of 1982, when he led IFK Göteborg to the first ever UEFA Cup for a Swedish club (although Malmö FF had reached, but lost, the more prestigious 1979–80 European Cup), defeating Valencia in the quarter finals and 1. FC Kaiserslautern in the semi finals. Awaiting them in the finals was Hamburger SV.

At Ullevi stadium in Gothenburg, Göteborg managed to score a late deciding goal, and took a 1–0 score with them to the away fixture, which they won 3–0, and with it, the 1981–82 UEFA Cup by an aggregate score of 4–0.[13] His club's success sparked interest in his skills from other clubs, leading him to leave IFK Göteborg in August 1982.[11]

Edited by Midfielder

Just now, Midfielder said:

Sne, I'm having one of my visions again...

What about Sven going "home"? Had great times at IFK no? aaaaand is free... 

if i was a betting man, I'd be all over Sweden's version of Ladbrokes looking to put a cheeky fiver on that, what do you think Svennis?

Sven-Goran-Eriksson-besiktas-salary-nati

Please god NO!

He is a IFK legend, but his day is well and truly past.

Also IFK are broke, and Sven only works for top Dollars.

Or Euro's, Pounds, Renminbi, Rial, Rubel or basically anyone who want's to give him a boatload of money.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Please god NO!

He is a IFK legend, but his day is well and truly past.

Also IFK are broke, and Sven only works for top Dollars.

Or Euro's, Pounds, Renminbi, Rial, Rubel or basically anyone who want's to give him a boatload of money.

2ahcn0w.jpg

• Like 3

Malmö FF knocked out of the CL qualifiers by Vardar Skopje.

Epic fail.

I don't understand what they are doing on the managerial front. They have wast resources by Scandinavian standards but keep employing rather poor managers.

Missing the boat here.

IFK Göteborg has hired my childhood hero Torbjörn Nilsson aka Gud (God) as assistant manager.

My favorite player of all times and someone who had he had sharper elbows and the mentality to live and play abroad could have been almost Zlatan big in the 80's. He was just too nice a guy. 

Good to have him back in the fold. Every living IFK fan loves him. True hero!

3 hours ago, sne said:

IFK Göteborg has hired my childhood hero Torbjörn Nilsson aka Gud (God) as assistant manager.

My favorite player of all times and someone who had he had sharper elbows and the mentality to live and play abroad could have been almost Zlatan big in the 80's. He was just too nice a guy. 

Good to have him back in the fold. Every living IFK fan loves him. True hero!

One of my childhood heroes despite the wrong team. Absolute legend and a fantastic player.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, sne said:

Malmö FF knocked out of the CL qualifiers by Vardar Skopje.

Epic fail.

I don't understand what they are doing on the managerial front. They have wast resources by Scandinavian standards but keep employing rather poor managers.

Missing the boat here.

Thank fook! They are already miles ahead thanks to their previous CL success and I would HATE the Allsvenskan to turn into Tippeligan-standards where Rosenborg can win 20 years on the trot. (Its a bit better nowadays I admit.)

Bring back the time when 5 teams actually had a winning shot every year. And different 5 at that

Back at the start of this thread, there was a "who's who" (meet your enemy).I'll regurgitate it and update it as we go... but AIK and IFK marginally the most popular!

ROLL CALL, random order...

IF Brommapojkarna 

Olof Mellberg, obviously!

@Wainy316

Hammarby IF

@LondonLax

Djurgardens IF

@Midfielder

Malmo FF

@NoelVilla

Orgryte IS

@Zatman

IFK Gothenburg 

@Michelsen

@sne

GAIS

@sexbelowsound

AIK

@Tegis

@UppsalaVillan

plus lots more neutrals !

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Good luck to IFK with him as assistant manager then. I haven't heard of him until now, went to wiki https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torbjörn_Nilsson

went to YouTube... can see why he is so popular, would have been a joy to watch back in the day. 

Short clip, Maradona style goal, amazing

Longer clip, more goals

Yeah but could he have done it on a wet Tuesday night in Stoke? That's the real measure.

• Like 2

On 2017-07-20 at 04:43, TheAuthority said:

Yeah but could he have done it on a wet Tuesday night in Stoke? That's the real measure.

He couldn't. He got homesick both at PSV and Liverpool and moved back home instead of trying to make it. Never any good for Sweden either. 

Â