Let's check in with Olof (Swedish Football)

Midfielder

22 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Is that a pic of your own shirt? If you were there it must have been fantastic. 

No Sir! Absolutely not! I don't have one of those and wasn't part of the away support at the West Ham game sorry to disappoint , was off Google Images. 

22 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Yeah but you wouldn't choose wear them to play football with the mighty Olof.  Only appropriate warrior kit is necessary for getting the job done. 

Olof can of course wear a silky sarong at home when relaxing but still make it look manly.

Probably wears Bromma gear full time and at home. Once he's part of something ... and all. Definitely has Villa boxers on underneath and Mrs M probably knows it is a requirement to claret and blue her lingerie choices for when they bone. Bless her

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Probably wears Bromma gear full time and at home. Once he's part of something ... and all. Definitely has Villa boxers on underneath and Mrs M probably knows it is a requirement to claret and blue her lingerie choices for when they bone. Bless her

Haha

2 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

I have one of those Mellberg shirts but I managed to be one of only a few mugs that picked up a shirt that just had 'Mellberg 4' on the back.

Honestly, what is the world coming to, when these days, you can't walk into a shop, buy 3,100 football shirts and they cant get the lettering right on all of them. Shameful Villa, shameful. 

As for you SexBelowSound, still though, that's a gift from one of our Gods, you are one of the chosen people. 

• Like 1

There are pretty strong rumors about Olof Mellberg going to IFK Göteborg next season if you believe the gossip on a few IFK forums.

IFK are currently negotiating a transfer for one of BP's young talented CB's, Carl Starfelt.

But supposedly they are also working on a deal for Mellberg for next season. IFK and BP have a good working relationship and has done transfers before.

Really hope this is true as it would pair 2 of my favorite players leading IFK with Mellberg and Torbjörn Nilsson as his assistant.

4 hours ago, sne said:

There are pretty strong rumors about Olof Mellberg going to IFK Göteborg next season if you believe the gossip on a few IFK forums.

IFK are currently negotiating a transfer for one of BP's young talented CB's, Carl Starfelt.

But supposedly they are also working on a deal for Mellberg for next season. IFK and BP have a good working relationship and has done transfers before.

Really hope this is true as it would pair 2 of my favorite players leading IFK with Mellberg and Torbjörn Nilsson as his assistant.

Not that this is a guarantee but I think on Football Manager it lists IFK in the favoured clubs section for Mellberg I can't check at the moment as not with PC but I think he may be a fan. 

Either way, from what you've said that's a dream partnership. If it all comes true, come April 2018, first home game, get two tickets before they sell out and I'll meet you at the stadium :P

On 29.7.2017 at 09:05, sne said:

Oh, I'd love that. 

• Like 1

Europa League Qual - 3rd Round - update

It is over to Ostersunds to keep the Swedish flag flying. Last night, AIK were eliminated after extra time away in Braga, 3-2 on aggregate. Damn that away goal conceded in the home leg. However....

Fola Esch 1- 2 Ostersunds (so 3-1 on aggregate to OFK) (ps a lesson learned by Fola, about celebrating a bit too much after that first goal went in, little did they know OFK were gonna turn it back round):

........means that around lunchtime 12pm in UK, Ostersunds are in the "hat" when the playoff fixtures are drawn. Damn some big teams in the playoffs.... AC Milan, Everton, Marseille to name a few are in there! 

from http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2018/draws/round=2000889/index.html

ad6b4eda8125515de2770fe7ec03ebce.png

BOF : Edited for crimes against formatting ...

I have 2 Mellberg shirts from the thanks 4 the memories day.  Home and away. It's my favourite kit too, so that's a nice thing.

I got given one through the turnstile, then on the way out of west ham, there was a huge box with the home shirt version hanging out of them, so I took one of them too :)  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Well they just drew PAOK of Greece.  Tough enough draw but beatable.

Fingers crossed for them 

17 August - away

24 August - home....

always nice to get the away leg done first!

thanks for the formatting help there, looks a lot better than when i left it

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sne said:

IFK Norrköping losing their best player (Niclas Eliasson) to Bristol City for about £ 1.5 m

Man, this guy is the real deal, if Neymar is worth 200m, this guy has the potential to be the worlds first £10 billion player! According to his Wiki https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niclas_Eliasson

HE HAS SCORED NEARLY 1800 GOALS IN THREE SEASONS...

Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2013 Falkenbergs FF 29 (654)
2014–2016 AIK 31 (678)
2016–

IFK Norrköping

This doesn't cut and paste properly from using my phone but this season an incredible 456 goals in 17 matches

damn... if we had signed him and turned him crap as we do to some players, even at a tenth of his capacity he would have scored approx 45 goals in 17 matches for us, that would do me! 

1800 goals. Damn. Screw you Neymar

• Haha 1

Also one other thing. In the Steve Round thread I made a slightly critical / questioning reference to our scouting infrastructure. What pains me slightly is, that time on time, there are many players continually over your way that can make the step up to Championship / Premier League yet we rarely are ever in for them. 

I would love us to do more in that way. Not just Sweden but Norway and Denmark too possibly Finland. 

Bristol Sh1tty pay 1.5m for that lad could be an absolute bargain. Look what we paid for Hogan and McCormack , though I hope Hogan comes good. 

I will watch out for this Eliasson lad good luck to him but for 1.5m I hope we assessed him and thought he won't make the grade. Otherwise, it's a bit annoying if we simply don't scan the Scandinavian leagues and miss out on potential gems. 

I think SNE and some of the lads off here might have to send in their CVs or start work as agents if we are lacking / lazy with the ScandiScouting. 

Cheap fees, realistic wages, committed personality types, grafters and multi lingual, on our doorstep almost, plus they're not p1ssed off by our weather... damn we are missing out. 

On another note , @sne , who in Allsvenskan are the absolute hot properties currently under the radar of foreign predators who you think stand out and do the league proud? 

• Like 1

Â