Let's check in with Olof (Swedish Football)

Midfielder

Sort of loosely related to thread, as technically football "played in Sweden" but Swedish lads on here....

Was all ok with the United lads over there for the Europa final? English fans abroad club or country sometimes deserved have a bad rep. Just was interested if all passed ok and Stockholm saw them come and go with no hassles. Didn't see anything in press , hope it did. Just a minor wonder... kudos for hosting the final though. 

Furthermore who can ever forget Zlatans performance on that fabled day. Incredible. From what I remember, England were invited as the team to debut the stadium as apparently that was the case for your previous national home too. Anyway. Hope Stockholm saw the better side of English travelling support (even though they were bloody united fans). 

Also well that's it. Season is over etc. I'm now Swedish for the summer will help update the thread more. BOF mentioned about Soccerway which is one of the ways I keep in touch too. I'll do a helpful post in due course to get us going. I know the season is underway etc , not just starting. 

Thats the beauty of your league. Well one of the beauties; the timing. Anyway yeah I'll be back updating thread soon to make for easy read for any followers of Allsvenskan and Superettan. 

Also over time I hope it's ok but I may even ask some sort of football / cultural questions about Swedish leagues and fans in due course, my wonders, but might make for interesting reading for others. We will see. Pointless statement of intent above but can't do now, sat in sun, on 3G connection squinting as I type into phone as this lard arse sat on his sunglasses earlier. 

No major incidents although part of the AJAX fans turned on their own team and started throwing chairs at them among other things.

Man U won so that probably took the edge out of any potential trouble.

On the whole the Man U fans were a bit muted and quiet during the game, something that of course can be explained by what happened in Manchester the day before.

Only issue after the game was that a few anti-sports celebrities (the ones who always want's Sweden to boycott sport events for whatever reason, but have no trouble with the Eurovision song contest being held in a totalitarian dictatorship)  in Sweden has complained about the littering after the event.

Fleminggatan efter Ajax–fansens fest.

They might have a point on this one thou...

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Thanks Sne, cheers. That's good to hear. Can't see the link but that might be my phone that's the problem. From United side, glad to hear it went well and fair play to them too and with the Manchester horrors you may be right there. 

Beautiful city, looks like a beautiful stadium. Glad it was respected appropriately but for the litter. Can't win em all. Cheers Sne! 

• Like 1

crucially 9 points clear of the play-off spot. Helsingborg are probably going to be closest challengers. Dalkurd who are 2nd were close last year and are an interesting side. less than 15 years old and a team founded by Kurdish immigrants

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

crucially 9 points clear of the play-off spot. Helsingborg are probably going to be closest challengers. Dalkurd who are 2nd were close last year and are an interesting side. less than 15 years old and a team founded by Kurdish immigrants

Interesting.  Just had a look there.  Founded in 2004 and were promoted in EACH of their first 5 seasons straight into the 3rd tier, then spent 6 seasons in the 3rd tier and, as you say, almost went into the Allsvenskan at the first time of asking.

• 2 weeks later...
Big away-game for Olof tomorrow (6pm). It's a televised game so streams should be available.

1 Brommapojkarna 11 28
2 Helsingborg 11 23

• Like 1

On 11/06/2017 at 08:54, Tegis said:
Big away-game for Olof tomorrow (6pm). It's a televised game so streams should be available.

1 Brommapojkarna 11 28
2 Helsingborg 11 23

Bromma are favourites.

7/4 - Helsingborg  | 12/5 - the draw | 6/4 - Brommapojkarna  

BP and Olly won 4-0.

8 points clear at the top now, 10 points down to the play off spot.

31 points and +22 gd. 28 scored and only 6 conceded after 12 games.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Â