Slovakia v England

andykeenan

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

Roy won 10/10 qualifiers for the Euros, 8 clean sheets, i bet Sam would take that...

I'm sure he would. Not really sure what point you're trying to make. It doesn't excuse the fact I was making that when it got to the tournament they had no game plan.

As for this game, it's been terrible. Rooney sitting/coming deep Kane not getting the ball. Lallana looking the best player so far.

Id take off Rooney and Dier for Antonio and Vardy. Go 442

Yet again Rooney is England's biggest problem. His obsession with dropping deep means he is pretty much on top of Dier, cluttering the midfield and leaving Kane isolated.

His passing has also been shit, and the times he does get further forward he is just strolling around, no movement.

Edited by andym
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, andym said:

Yet again Rooney is England's biggest problem. His obsession with dropping deep means he is pretty much on top of Dier, cluttering the midfield and leaving Kane isolated.

His passing has also been shit, and the times he does get further forward he is just strolling around, no movement.

Recently text my mate the same thing, Rooney in the team hinders it as he wants to play everywhere.

For me he would be dropped from this team. Obviously he won't be dropped and this is the problem with the whole captaincy thing. I don't understand why we have to announce a captain for England. Fine if you want a "club captain" type nomination, but the onfield captain should be just be whoever is wearing the armband for the game 

33 minutes ago, andym said:

Did you not see that utterly pointless cross field ball, the first one or the 65th one? It was beautiful, utterly pointless and needless...but beautiful.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Recently text my mate the same thing, Rooney in the team hinders it as he wants to play everywhere.

For me he would be dropped from this team. Obviously he won't be dropped and this is the problem with the whole captaincy thing. I don't understand why we have to announce a captain for England. Fine if you want a "club captain" type nomination, but the onfield captain should be just be whoever is wearing the armband for the game 

He's the Micah Richards of that team.

Result is irrelevant...England will win the group with their eyes closed.

England can't break down teams who park the bus, it's just not in English football culture to produce number 10s.

Don't mind this result actually...would like to see Scotland get 2nd.

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

He was only offside twice ;) 

Anyway all's well that ends well.

was the ball ever passed to him though?  I don't know the precise rules of deflections but if it was Sturridge hitting it off the Slovakian defender it definitely would still have been offside.

6 minutes ago, a m ole said:

was the ball ever passed to him though?  I don't know the precise rules of deflections but if it was Sturridge hitting it off the Slovakian defender it definitely would still have been offside.

though difficult to see, it scraped Sturridge studs after Slovakian defender made contact so was technically offside

brilliant from linesman if he got it on 1st view

Â