Slovakia v England

andykeenan

Sunday 5pm UTV 

No Wilshere thanK god strange no Barkley tho 

Galkeepers: Fraser Forster (Southampton), Joe Hart (Manchester City), Tom Heaton (Burnley)

Defenders: Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Nathaniel Clyne (Liverpool), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur)

Midfielders: Dele Alli (Tottenham Hotspur), Michail Antonio (West Ham United), Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur), Danny Drinkwater (Leicester City), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Liverpool), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Theo Walcott (Arsenal)

Strikers: Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Jamie Vardy (Leicester City)

Jagielka is a bit of a boring pick....you have Cahill and Smalling as the experienced defenders so not sure why Jags is needed, would've liked to have seen Michael Keane in there.

Antonio will add pace and power...but like so many how good is his technique when he comes under pressure?

Surrprised Noble didn't get a call up.

7 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

No noble and Shawcross surprises me

Noble is a strange one considering Sam managed him for 4 years.

Shawcross...I've been banging on about him for years but actually in the last year has been his weakest form. He missed a lot of last season with back injury and has looked dodgy in the games he has played. And call up hopes haven't been helped by the shirt tugging focus. I think he's past his prime now.

18 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Noble is a strange one considering Sam managed him for 4 years.

Shawcross...I've been banging on about him for years but actually in the last year has been his weakest form. He missed a lot of last season with back injury and has looked dodgy in the games he has played. And call up hopes haven't been helped by the shirt tugging focus. I think he's past his prime now.

I'd agree. But for me Shawcross of the type of centre back Sam normally likes. Big robust, non compromising. With the lack of dearth in their, you'd think he'd come under consideration, at least to be looked at in the squad

Think someone like Michael Keane at Burnley will get a call up before Shawcross does. Leicester wanted to sign him so he'll get a big move soon which will obviously help him.

Maybe Ben Gibson at Boro aswell. English CB options really the worst in my lifetime.

4 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

This international break just as the season has not long started is one of the most irritating things in football.

that the premier league dont base the start of their season around the set in stone global international break...

;)

last weekend was week 22 in the Brazilian league

4 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I'm amazed anyone cares about the England team any more. The last two tournaments have done it for me.

i wont be watching this, hopefully the attendance for the malta game will be around 40k and a big **** you to the FA

On 29/08/2016 at 08:57, TrentVilla said:

I'm amazed anyone cares about the England team any more. The last two tournaments have done it for me.

The last half dozen Villa seasons have been pretty awful as well, but poor performances don't stop supporters from caring about it.

Â