Slovakia v England

andykeenan

32 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:
32 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

How can a player like Walcott be coached at the very highest level of football for 10 years and not develop a single aspect of his game?

I can't believe this is where we are still at as a nation. Bringing shit like this on to change a game.

How can a player like Walcott be coached at the very highest level of football for 10 years and not develop a single aspect of his game?

I can't believe this is where we are still at as a nation. Bringing shit like this on to change a game.

Walcott is just another Gabby imo...overplayed as a youngster, all the contracts have reduced his love of football and he has little to offer especially with his pace declining.

Even more than England recalling him....I'm amazed he's still at Arsenal coasting on the bench. Probably says more about Wenger's transfer dealing as if ever a player needed a move it's Theo Walcott if he's still interested in Football.

I know it was a win and away from home against our toughest opponents but that was poor.

I like Fat Sam but it appears the same England are being rolled out under his guidance. Yet again, we were completely bamboozled by a team dead set on defending deep.

Rooney - whilst he has been a great servant he is now stifling our play as we have to select him. He was shocking today and dropped deeper and deeper as the game went on, leaving Kane with no one alongside/just off him and therefore rendered ineffective.

We had two defensive minded midfielders in Dier and Henderson, which should've been enough, without Rooney marauding all over their game space.

Lallana was the only bright spark and deserved his goal.

Sturridge, Walcott and Sterling (along with Rooney) aren't good enough for me.

The game changed when Alli came onto the pitch, he was direct, actually faced the right way up the pitch and tired to make things happen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gharperr said:

pretty hard to ship a guy whos on like 120k a week after having that 20goal+ season. Hes had a pretty good start to season though. better than what most expected.

but yeh, he isnt great at all.

it was quite easy since he only had a year left on his contract last summer

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I'm sure he would. Not really sure what point you're trying to make. It doesn't excuse the fact I was making that when it got to the tournament they had no game plan.

You didn't say tournament football before. You just said no game plan under Roy which wasn't the case strictly. 

God knows what happens to our players once they board a flight to a tournament but they just go to pieces and forget everything they've ever been taught or done on the past.

Allardyce has commented that he can't tell Rooney where to play...Now, I'm not a football manager, but isn't that exactly what he should be doing?

"Wayne played wherever he wanted to," said Allardyce. "He did play a little deeper than I thought he'd play, but I was pleased with his performance."

Allardyce, who took over from Roy Hodgson in July, says he "can't stop" Rooney from dropping into midfield, claiming that the player has a "lot more experience at international football" than he does.

"It's not for me to say where he's going to play," added the former Sunderland, West Ham, Newcastle and Bolton boss, 61. "It's up to me to ask whether he's doing well in that position and contributing."

Edited by Davkaus

Such an uninspiring appointment and those comments about Rooney are frankly embarrassing. What a joke the England the national team is. I didn't watch them play yesterday and I don't expect to for the foreseeable future.

Edited by Phumfeinz

He must be a nightmare to play with, several times I watched him not only drop deep to get the ball but also almost stand on top of another England player like they weren't there "me, me, me, me" forcing them to go out of position themselves to make some space.

He needs to go.

• Like 1

There is no pride or passion playing for England anymore and it just seems to be a burden for the players and club managers now. No excitement and the players have a diva like mentality these days. Lost interest with England a long time ago and I couldn't  give two shits about them.

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Why is Vardy being ignored? Surely he was an obvious sub after the red card if not before, bringing on Walcott who last had a good game 5 years ago was laughable.

Nothing has convinced me that Sam is the right man for the job. Fact is we haven't got any decent English managers except the up and coming Eddie Howe so the FA have made another blunder going English again. We have another 6 or 8 years of failure to look forward to. I can't be bothered being interested anymore. 

17 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Walcott is just another Gabby imo.......I'm amazed he's still at Arsenal coasting on the bench. Probably says more about Wenger's transfer dealing as if ever a player needed a move it's Theo Walcott if he's still interested in Football.

Hasn't Walcott played every minute for Arsenal thus far this season?

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Hasn't Walcott played every minute for Arsenal thus far this season?

Correct point but as soon as Ozil and Giroud are properly fit he'll be back warming the bench like last few seasons.

We slag pundits off but thought Chris Waddle was spot on. Can't find his exact quotes but it was along the lines of England just not having an X factor player, someone who drifts along the lines in midfield like a Hazard or David Silva.

And no Rooney doing what he wants dosen't count.

Correct, we don't have that player who we can turn to to get us out of the brown stuff. 

Bale obviously doing it for Wales and when he was at Spurs. Suarez at Liverpool etc.

I don't really see another potential superstar coming through either.

Â