Doomsday Preppers

maqroll

44 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Do you ever think they might be on to something?

The vids are worth watching if you're into survival camping etc . Lot of cool tips.

Edited by Brumerican
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

I've always got 4-5 tins of beans in the cupboard, maybe I am subconsciously preparing for it?

I think you're preparing for it when you have 45 tins of beans in the cupboard.

It sounds like you're preparing for a cold snap in the winter when the shops don't get deliveries. :)

Edited by snowychap

On 8/25/2016 at 13:27, Brumerican said:

Alot of them are Christians which always tickles me .

Why are they actively avoiding heaven ?

Like any other insurance, when it comes to insuring your soul the policy is no different to any other.

When they make the the sale they stress Pascal's Wager but in the small-print it mentions Calvin's predestination. 

• 4 weeks later...
On August 25, 2016 at 05:50, Brumerican said:

The vids are worth watching if you're into survival camping etc . Lot of cool tips.

there's money to be made from this movement. survivalist camps with education, instruction mixed with fun and games, like a 48 hour paintball/survival match for example....of course you'd needs dozens of acres per location to make it worthwhile...

I for one would love to be able to kill a deer with a bow and arrow, skin it, and salt it's meat.

Edited by maqroll

It's only worth it if you have the means to defend what you have that others (will) want.

It's quite a serious business I think as it's not as easy as chucking stuff into the cellar,  it all needs to be rotated / replaced as things go out of date etc and the main problem will be water / power.  Solar is a good one I suppose and at a very basic level something like a water wheel would be good also.

Â