UKIP/Reform NF Ltd and their non-racist well informed supporters

chrisp65

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It appears that assault increasingly passes for appropriate left wing politics for some these days, which is a fairly disgraceful indictment of where things are at. As odious as UKIP and the like of Carl Benjamin are the only legitimate, meaningful and worthwhile way to engage with them is on intellectual grounds through proper debate rather than by assaulting them. Behaving like this will only reinforce UKIP support and the victim narrative that the likes of Benjamin and Yaxley-Lennon are propagating.

I totally disagree that engaging in debate with a UKIP member is helpful at all. For starters, they aren't interested in an intellectual debate, it's completely meaningless to them or how they run their campaign. Secondly, giving them a platform helps to legitimise their views with the mainstream, which is why we've had these fringe far right groups able to get footholds in the mainstream all over the world.

Any potential victim narrative they get out of an incident like this is massively overshadowed by the entire country laughing at them, which spreads quickly and works to delegitimise them.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Behaving like this will only reinforce UKIP support

UKIP are an utter irrelevance at the moment and if it continues to be run by Batten and have the likes of this clearing in the woods standing as a candidate then a Cow & Gate lorry could empty its contents over him each and every hour between now and next Thursday and it's not going to have people rushing to suppport him or them.

• Like 1

UKIP siren song delivered today. Thankfully was handed to me directly by the postman, and thus went straight in the bin without sullying my home. Washed hands about 4 time since just to be sure too.

22 minutes ago, Chindie said:

UKIP siren song delivered today. Thankfully was handed to me directly by the postman, and thus went straight in the bin without sullying my home. Washed hands about 4 time since just to be sure too.

I thought that correct etiquette with UKIP / NF Party literature is to attach it to a half-brick with rubber bands and return it to sender with no postage paid?

I assume we post Brickshit and Ukrap material in the same thread?  Same people, same ideas, same drooling nonsense.

Mr Falange and dairy products.

Nigel Farage has been forced to seek refuge on his campaign bus after being stalked by people carrying milkshakes in Kent, according to reports.

The Brexit party leader and his campaign team seemed keen to avoid a repeat of events in Newcastle on Monday, when he was doused in banana and salted caramel milkshake after making a speech...

...Police liaison officers in Rochester also spoke to two men shouting anti-Farage slogans at the bus while holding iced lattes, according to the Mirror.

Banana and salted caramel.  Iced lattes.  You see the bourgeois nature of the opposition?

• Haha 1

As much as this wears away at the democratic process and the ability to convey those ideas. Anything that makes the far right look like clearings in the woods is fine by me. For balance I am happy for Corbyn to receive the same shakedown. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ann Widdecombe, love her tender little heart.

Doesn't believe the science for climate change, but does believe that one day science will find a cure for gay.

Whole new generation going to find out what a warped nasty little shit she is.

Newly elected Brexit Party MEP Ann Widdecombe has been branded “sick” after she suggested science might one day provide an “answer” to people being gay.

In an interview on Sky News’ Ridge on Sunday, Widdecombe was asked about her previous comments about gay conversion therapy.

Huff Post

The sad thing is. Come their hustings in Peterborough on Tuesday, I'm fairly confident that the sort of people that vote Brexit at any cost, aren't the sort of people to be put off by the fact they are clearly supporting raving right wing anti women anti science anti NHS nut jobs.

• Like 1

I wonder if Newsnight will debate if it's ok for racist thugs to creep up on people from behind and punch them, knowing they have their little gang to back them up.

You know, like they debated throwing milkshakes.

Arrest and ban the nasty little shit.

• Like 3

Â