Match Thread: Sheff Wed v Villa

limpid

Just read the last few pages.  Some people seem to be expecting total football LOL - 45 mins against one of the stronger teams in the Division with 3 (4 if you count Gardner) new players and we more than held our own. Could easily see us pinching this

Westwood gets some stick doesn't he - he's been very solid if unspectacular which for me is his job

Gestede and Gardner not fired yet but FFS it's 45 mins

Sometimes I do wonder if we deserve what we get

• Like 2

Bit poor but expected it really. Wednesday have a team, an identity (they now have 10 of the 11 players who started in the playoff final playing). We have no identity and players who still don't have the confidence. We'll improve over time but I don't fancy our chances this second half.

22 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Well no point looking at that bench for help, 1 goalkeeper, 4 defenders, 1 defensive midfielder and Grealish 

Huh? What are you classing Andre Green as then? We have plenty of options - Amavi, Grealish and Green who can all add to our (non existent) attacking threat.

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

First thing we do is lump it to Gestede. Kick and rush bullshit, what a load of crap.

it wouldnt be that bad if he could actually win a header, but he cant. Anytime the ball goes to him it comes straight back