The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

Just now, Xela said:

To be fair it was the first time i'd hit it hard in a while and it was for my mates 40th. 

Started at midday in Brum and made it to about 2am! ?

Great at the time though ain't it. Never been one for clubbing, but love a good all dayer in the pubs. Got my mates 30th in 6 weeks. Surprise party on the Saturday night, then the following Saturday it's an all day and night sesh with him . I'll stay in until then, I think. Don't go out much anymore, but I need to every now and again. 

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Great at the time though ain't it. Never been one for clubbing, but love a good all dayer in the pubs. Got my mates 30th in 6 weeks. Surprise party on the Saturday night, then the following Saturday it's an all day and night sesh with him . I'll stay in until then, I think. Don't go out much anymore, but I need to every now and again. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Driving from Gijon to Llanes detouring through the Picos Europa mountains tomorrow.

looking forward to the drive but also getting to Llanes and enjoying a cold beer! 

Have you been undercover in Basque Country yet? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

liam gallagher tomorrow night at old trafford cricket ground, ashcroft supporting

going to the football museum in the day 

Do you think you will make it in time? Birmingham to Manchester could take a few hours with bad traffic. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Do you think you will make it in time? Birmingham to Manchester could take a few hours with bad traffic. 

Guaranteed accident on the M6 near Stoke/Stafford and the sat nav rerouting along the A50 and up the A34.  Every time.

7 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Guaranteed accident on the M6 near Stoke/Stafford and the sat nav rerouting along the A50 and up the A34.  Every time.

Imagine living bere when they divert the traffic off the M6 and through Stafford. 

16 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

The traffic through Stafford is horrendous anyway. 

I am working in leamington spa at the moment. The M42 is killing me so although Stafford is horrendous I woill take it at its worst any day. 

18 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I am working in leamington spa at the moment. The M42 is killing me so although Stafford is horrendous I woill take it at its worst any day. 

We have a few jobs around Leanington, Warwick. Some days it's a two hour journey back home. 

Played basketball last night.

Had uni 10am-5pm today (what institution has Saturday classes, c'mon!) and will watch the Villa tonight.

AFL match tomorrow and then Brother's birthday dinner tomorrow night.

On 18/08/2018 at 06:48, Rugeley Villa said:

We have a few jobs around Leanington, Warwick. Some days it's a two hour journey back home. 

same here, working on the leisure centre, its shit, 45 minute journey for me can take 2 hours, 10 month delay on the project too so i've been there twice as long as i should have

liam was incredible last night, not having OT as a gig venue though, bars and toilets couldnt cope with the numbers and it was probably the quietest gig I've ever been to (which doesnt help when you're surrounded by some of the biggest lads lads lads of the north)

Head over for the game, a quick drink in the tavern beforehand, catch some of the early kick off. Go to the game, bite my finger nails. Afterwards a celebratory/rueful pint at whatever watering hole before meeting a mate for drinks in Birmingham. May try out the @Xela approved The head of steam bar on Temple Street. 

Hopefully wake up without too much of a hangover. Sunday afternoon, father duties.

• Like 1

It is the first weekend in a while I haven't been "on call".  I celebrated last night with a curry (I ordered enough for today too :)) and it is fair to say that it is pretty manic down here in Portsmouth (due to the Victorious Festival and the "mods" heading to the Isle of Wight).  The advice Portsmouth City Council gave was "don't drive".  I think I'll stick to that and spend my weekend sipping beer, eating curry and generally chilling out. 

16 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

May try out the @Xela approved The head of steam bar on Temple Street. 

Try the Delirium fruit beer (its the pink pump with elephant on!) 

Fantastic beer 

• Thanks 1

Fairly quiet one for me this weekend - popping to see folks in a minute for dinner. Probably watch a movie later

Tomorrow do my usual - food shopping, cleaning, etc

Monday - may take in a non league game, depending on the weather 

Â