Nintendo Switch

Chindie

A heads up for those looking forward to Zelda.

It is truly fantastic. One of those genre changing games in many ways.

But be ready for a very different Zelda. It bins the format entirely really and is a very different game that will try it's best in your first few hours to put you off it, being quite difficult initially and with some annoying systems in play and no obvious directions to head in and minimal plot to guide you. But once you find your feet with it there's not really been much like it. It's Zelda crossed with a survival game crossed with a tiny little bit of Dark Souls and chucked into one of the most open open worlds ever. 

It's incredible.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Chindie said:

But be ready for a very different Zelda. It bins the format entirely really and is a very different game that will try it's best in your first few hours to put you off it, being quite difficult initially and with some annoying systems in play and no obvious directions to head in and minimal plot to guide you. But once you find your feet with it there's not really been much like it. It's Zelda crossed with a survival game crossed with a tiny little bit of Dark Souls and chucked into one of the most open open worlds ever. 

It's incredible.

You'e just made me look forward to it even more :D

47 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It's incredible.

Sounds amazing.

The Zelda format was always a bit samey anyway so it probably needed a shakeup.

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I know but i think you get two so works out £35 each which is pretty standard these days.  Think he is getting me those neon yellow ones :)

You get the two halves, which together make the one normal controller.

You don't even get the "grip" that they slot into.

51 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You get the two halves, which together make the one normal controller.

You don't even get the "grip" that they slot into.

Ah really ! Great bit annoying that

I take it console only comes with one controller then?

Edited by Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Ah really ! Great bit annoying that

I take it console only comes with one controller then?

Yeah one controller and one grip.

You can use half each for mario kart so can still have two players. But they are really small so it's a bit awkward. perfectly playable, but would be much more comfortable to have two proper controllers. 
Not sure other games are compatible with half a controller each for multiplayer.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Yeah one controller and one grip.

You can use half each for mario kart so can still have two players. But they are really small so it's a bit awkward. perfectly playable, but would be much more comfortable to have two proper controllers. 
Not sure other games are compatible with half a controller each for multiplayer.

Cheers didnt know that handy to know.

Edited by Demitri_C

The right controller is particularly awkward to use because of the stick placement if you use the half controller each set up.

Also the grip thing is literally that. It doesn't do anything else. If you want to charge the controllers in that configuration you need to buy a grip that charges them. And the Pro controller is daft money.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

The right controller is particularly awkward to use because of the stick placement if you use the half controller each set up.

I haven’t found that to be honest. For me the only really awkward thing is using the shoulder buttons. They are tiny and quite hard to press in that setup. 

Again, not an issue for having a laugh with your friends and family. 

But I wouldn’t fancy doing anything competitive in that setup. 

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

In what way is it genre changing? It's well polished, but in my ten or so hours in the game, it doesn't seem to bring anything to the table that wasn't done years ago. 

Boo this man! Hiss! Boo!!!! :P

What other games did it years ago? And so well? And so vast? 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

In what way is it genre changing? It's well polished, but in my ten or so hours in the game, it doesn't seem to bring anything to the table that wasn't done years ago. 

It has flexibility and freedom that little else has imo. It basically says to you 'try it' with everything. In some ways forces you to. If you can think of it you can usually try it and usually it'll work. A few of these instantly made me smile, a lot I never noticed until told to try things afterwards.

The only thing that really comes close is MGSV but that doesn't have quite the same imagination and sense of exploration to go with it.

It is better but it’s way too expensive and I’ve found the cons in the grip as one whole controller perfectly fine so far.

Whats the cheapest way to go to get a second complete controller? Two joycons and a grip or pro controller?

9 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

It is better but it’s way too expensive and I’ve found the cons in the grip as one whole controller perfectly fine so far.

Whats the cheapest way to go to get a second complete controller? Two joycons and a grip or pro controller?

From what I can see a pro controller is £60. 

Joycons are £70 plus a grip for £10. 

Ridiculous. 

Â