Nintendo Switch

Chindie

2 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Anyone aware of any good deals on these at the moment as the good lady is getting me one for Xmas. The only game I definitely want is Zelda.

Quite looking forward to Xmas now :)

Same cant wait, we must get a lil Villatalk mario kart going lads 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

Just been playing "handheld full fat Skyrim while having a dump". Mind blowing. 

Is that a DLC?

I'm so jealous, I don't think I can really justify spending £300 on a console right now, think it'll be next Christmas before I get a switch.

• 3 weeks later...

The OH came through and got me a Switch for my birthday yesterday. 

Only got Mario Kart so far but it’s pretty fun. 

The fam should be sorting me out with some more games. Can’t wait to play Zelda

• Like 1

Mario Kart is delightful.

I've only played through on 50cc so far so it's incredibly easy at the moment. But the tracks are beautiful and lots of small details in them that make me smile constantly. 

Stuff like the coins being rupees instead on the Hyrule track or the coins being replaced by the energy recharge things on the F Zero X track

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Mario Kart is delightful.

I've only played through on 50cc so far so it's incredibly easy at the moment. But the tracks are beautiful and lots of small details in them that make me smile constantly. 

Stuff like the coins being rupees instead on the Hyrule track or the coins being replaced by the energy recharge things on the F Zero X track

Your missus is a ledge just like mine i got one but she wont let me open until xmas day. I am sure she got me mario kart. Is there must difference from the wii u one??

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Your missus is a ledge just like mine i got one but she wont let me open until xmas day. I am sure she got me mario kart. Is there must difference from the wii u one??

Not played the Wii U one so couldn't tell you.

21 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

You both need Odyssey as well. Its sublime.

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I only have three games on my list. Mario Kart, Odyssey and Zelda.

I've got Zelda and Odyssey to look forward to at Xmas. I feel like a big kid at the moment, it's great having a new console to look forward to :)

I'm not a big fan of racing games these days as my reflexes aren't what they used to be otherwise I'd probably pick up Mario Kart.

I haven't really done much research, but what are the big Switch releases next year?

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

I haven't really done much research, but what are the big Switch releases next year?

Guess it depends what is considered "big" as there won't be a year like 2017 on Switch for a while.

As for confirmed/projected 2018 releases;

• 'Bayonetta' 1 and 2 (February 2018)
  • 'Kirby Star Allies' (Q1 2018)
  • 'Shovel Knight: King of Cards' (Q1 2018)
  • 'Hollow Knight' (2018)
  • 'Super Meat Boy Forever' (2018)
  • 'Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus' (2018)
  • 'Project Octopath Traveller' (2018)
  • 'Yoshi' (2018)

There are more I just chose the ones that are either re-releases so are guaranteed to be "good", or releases that are either sequels or out on other platforms already and are "good".

These next ones are the big big ones, but they could easily be 2019/2020 releases. They are projected for 2018, but this is Nintendo and anyone that followed 'Zelda: Breath of the Wild' knows that they don't hit their projections at all. 

• 'Pokemon' (Projected 2018)
  • 'Bayonetta 3' (Projected 2018)
  • 'Fire Emblem' (Projected 2018)
  • 'No More Heroes 3' (Projected 2018)
  • 'Metroid Prime 4' (Projected 2018)
  • 'Shin Megami Tensei - Untitled' (Projected 2018)

If any of those launch this year it'll be a good year for Switch though I don't know if any of them will though. I think 2018 will be a bit of a sleeper year with lots of re-releases. There are rumours of 'Dark Souls 1' and 'Burnout Paradise' coming to the Switch which will be great, I mean those in portable will be sweet, but I can't see 2018 being a super exciting year for Switch. Nintendo front loaded the consoles launch so with the Zelda and Mario cards burned for its launch window they will be coasting for a bit. 

Full List (I may have omitted games that may interest you)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Designer1 said:

I've got Zelda and Odyssey to look forward to at Xmas. I feel like a big kid at the moment, it's great having a new console to look forward to :)

I'm not a big fan of racing games these days as my reflexes aren't what they used to be otherwise I'd probably pick up Mario Kart.

I only really got Mario Kart for the multiplayer with the family over xmas. 

On 12/17/2017 at 11:30, Ingram85 said:

You both need Odyssey as well. Its sublime.

All I know is I have got a switch for xmas the missus isnt telling what games but i have a feeling its mario kart. My brothers got me a game and two controllers and I think he has got me odyssey.

I played arms that was a real fun multiplayer game. I also want bomberman and streetfighter (both will be purchased after boxing day if someone hasn't brought them for me) 

Bloody out xmas day and boxing day so wont get to play much but i bloody cant wait 

Â