Nintendo Switch

Chindie

14 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

For me, It's worth getting at £280 so with a price drop even more so. £250 would be perfect. It does something completely different to the PS4 or XB1 which were both £400+ consoles on launch.

Playing a full on console quality BotW in bed or on the crapper is fantastic.

This.

13 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

For me, It's worth getting at £280 so with a price drop even more so. £250 would be perfect. It does something completely different to the PS4 or XB1 which were both £400+ consoles on launch.

Playing a full on console quality BotW in bed or on the crapper is fantastic.

I love Nintendo I really do but the lack of games is what's really putting me off. And also the price of the games is ridiculous 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I love Nintendo I really do but the lack of games is what's really putting me off. And also the price of the games is ridiculous 

Zelda will keep you going for a bit. Plenty of games on the Horizon, this is what the Wii U should have been. Also the 'Nindies' announcement is worth checking out too.

43 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

When has a launch period for a new console ever had more than 1 or 2 'must have' triple A games? The prices will come down over time, companies are just taking advantage of people wanting games to play at the moment, once it settles it will all balance out.

I still don't understand the laser like focus of all the negatives of this launch, every console ever has that weird first few months of no games and expensive prices so why the switch is getting it in the neck specifically I don't know?

All I know is that I bought one to go along with my xb1 and I haven't put it down, Zelda is amazing. 

My only concern is that Nintendo needed this to be xb1 and PS4 comparible and it's not, any multi plat games will look worse on this so already they will loose that audience who lives off FIFA/cod etc... they will look better than the wii U games of course but not quite PS4 standard which could come back to bite Nintendo but for me, as I don't play cod or Fifa, I just want the high quality games that Nintendo are known for and if they can get games like skyrim/fallout/rdr/Deus Ex/Hitman and that type of stuff then that's an instant improvement over wii/wii U and a lifeline for the switch. Plus the cheaper indie type games will help too. I'm definitely going to be getting stardew valley. 

Tl:dr it's a great console. It won't quite have parity with PS4 or xb1 so cod/FIFA fans need not apply but it looks to be attracting more varied games and more developers than wii U did which can only be a good thing. 

Edited by Ingram85

32 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Plenty of games on the Horizon

Yep, like Minecraft, Stardew Valley, Skyrim, Binding of Isaac, Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8, and err Farming Simulator! Disgaea 5! Sonic, Lego, Rayman!

Srsly if you're going to buy a console to be able to play BotW, and then keep it to play more games, why on earth would you buy a Switch over a Wii U, which legitimately has some of the best console exclusives of this gen.

IF Mario and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 are 10/10 games, and IF the Pokemon Switch game is a proper Pokemon game, then OK a Switch could be the way to go. But they're two massive if's.

The PS4 had no games for about 6 months. Why aren't people giving the switch time? Why does it need a whole catalogue of games after a week of being on the market?

Wii U's still cost £200, why wouldn't you get the switch instead?

I'm going to stop now as I know I'm sounding like an obsessed super fan :D 

But it really feels like I'm one of a tiny minority trying to stick up for this cracking piece of kit amongst a surging ocean of bizarre unwarranted hostility. 

24 minutes ago, hogso said:

Yep, like Minecraft, Stardew Valley, Skyrim, Binding of Isaac, Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8, and err Farming Simulator! Disgaea 5! Sonic, Lego, Rayman!

Srsly if you're going to buy a console to be able to play BotW, and then keep it to play more games, why on earth would you buy a Switch over a Wii U, which legitimately has some of the best console exclusives of this gen.

IF Mario and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 are 10/10 games, and IF the Pokemon Switch game is a proper Pokemon game, then OK a Switch could be the way to go. But they're two massive if's.

I didn't like or want the WU. That bulky plastic Vtech controller? My nephew could lend me his version! The Switch allows me to take games I enjoy and play them where I want to, when I want to - and then if I fancy it I can plug it into the TV when I get home to enjoy plonked on my sofa.

And so with those games you mentioned, I'm really looking forward to - and especially MK8, which I have only played a few times on Wii U, but will be more suited to the Switch.

Edited by DK82

My POV is massively skewed by the fact that if I had a Switch I would use it exclusively as a home console, so to my mind there really isn't any redeeming feature over the Wii U.

2 hours ago, hogso said:

My POV is massively skewed by the fact that if I had a Switch I would use it exclusively as a home console, so to my mind there really isn't any redeeming feature over the Wii U.

I'd say the joy Con controllers are pretty neat. But I get what you are saying and respect your view. 

5 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

The PS4 had no games for about 6 months. Why aren't people giving the switch time? Why does it need a whole catalogue of games after a week of being on the market?

I didn't buy the PS4 for a little while because the lack of games. I dislike it when consoles are released just to have a new console out there. You need to have more than one decent game imo for a console launch. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Nintendo don't get time because they have done nothing to deserve it.

Let me explain what I mean by that. Sony have past form of delivering not just successful consoles, but consoles people must own to get not just stunning exclusives but high quality often best in class versions of third party games. Customers know that when they buy any console Sony make that it will have games and will get thousands more over its lifespan.

Nintendo aside from the Wii don't have that past form. 

Yes everything is looking good for the Switch right now, but that's because owners of it have Zelda to play. What are you going to play on it in the 8 months between now and Mario Odyssey? The Splatoon sequel (that isn't really a sequel)? The re-released Mario Kart 8? I mean you could play a third party game like Dragon Quest Heroes 2, but it runs at 1080p 20FPS on the Switch so you're better off getting it on PS4 or PC regardless. Switch seems decent and has got off to a great start, but Wii U also got off to a great start and also ran out of steam fast so customer confidence is low right now.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Daweii said:

Nintendo don't get time because they have done nothing to deserve it.

Let me explain what I mean by that. Sony have past form of delivering not just successful consoles, but consoles people must own to get not just stunning exclusives but high quality often best in class versions of third party games. Customers know that when they buy any console Sony make that it will have games and will get thousands more over its lifespan.

Nintendo aside from the Wii don't have that past form. 

Yes everything is looking good for the Switch right now, but that's because owners of it have Zelda to play. What are you going to play on it in the 8 months between now and Mario Odyssey? The Splatoon sequel (that isn't really a sequel)? The re-released Mario Kart 8? I mean you could play a third party game like Dragon Quest Heroes 2, but it runs at 1080p 20FPS on the Switch so you're better off getting it on PS4 or PC regardless. Switch seems decent and has got off to a great start, but Wii U also got off to a great start and also ran out of steam fast so customer confidence is low right now.

Yeah I am abit annoyed that they have released the same mario kart. Was hoping they would come out with a bee one. Seems very lazy to me 

I'm still in that camp too.  Despite Nintendo doing the bare minimum they could to keep me interested and charging the absolute maximum they can to keep anybody interested, I'm still kinda up for a Switch.  I can definitely wait though, I strongly suspect there will be a couple of hardware revisions as time goes by in response to issues which have been flagged this month (screen/dock scratching, left JoyCon losing connectivity) and they might hit the market quite quickly.  This time next year might be a good spot, Zelda will still be full price I'm sure but the hardware might come down by £50 and a few more big first party titles like Mario Kart and Super Mario Odyssey will be out. 

6 hours ago, The_Rev said:

I'm still in that camp too.  Despite Nintendo doing the bare minimum they could to keep me interested and charging the absolute maximum they can to keep anybody interested, I'm still kinda up for a Switch.  I can definitely wait though, I strongly suspect there will be a couple of hardware revisions as time goes by in response to issues which have been flagged this month (screen/dock scratching, left JoyCon losing connectivity) and they might hit the market quite quickly.  This time next year might be a good spot, Zelda will still be full price I'm sure but the hardware might come down by £50 and a few more big first party titles like Mario Kart and Super Mario Odyssey will be out. 

That's my thinking too rev. Have to admit I'm a die hard Nintendo fan but they have alienated me with the price of the games

Edited by Demitri_C

Yeah I reckon next year will be a good time to buy. I wanted to have a replacement for my Vita (and annoyingly have now been offered a new Vita for free, for some work...argh) but I still don't think I made a mistake. I'm exploring my first ever Zelda game and it just takes my breath away. And give it a month and I will be looking forward to Mario Kart 8 on the go too. I'm really happy with my purchase - as @The_Rev can see on Instagram ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

Started having series issues with the controllers. I hold one in each hand for Zelda and I have died 6 times in the past day. One where I walked off a tall tower (well, the controller walked me off) and then I couldn't open my paraglider, and then all other times in battle when the character just freezes and I just get destroyed (those Skeleton goblin things destroyed me just now, the controllers froze and I couldn't defend and the only thing that would happen is I would jerk forwards).

I think I had died twice in 80 hours of gameplay before this. Annoying. It only started after the recent Zelda update :(

9 hours ago, DK82 said:

Started having series issues with the controllers. I hold one in each hand for Zelda and I have died 6 times in the past day. One where I walked off a tall tower (well, the controller walked me off) and then I couldn't open my paraglider, and then all other times in battle when the character just freezes and I just get destroyed (those Skeleton goblin things destroyed me just now, the controllers froze and I couldn't defend and the only thing that would happen is I would jerk forwards).

I think I had died twice in 80 hours of gameplay before this. Annoying. It only started after the recent Zelda update :(

There have been a lot if issues along this nature I've heard. Nintendo have really messed up here

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

There have been a lot if issues along this nature I've heard. Nintendo have really messed up here

I'm only getting it on Zelda and since the update. Annoying though as it happened when I had got one enemy down to 120 from 3000 hp, then my controller jerked me forwards and froze and I was hit hard, then hit hard again as I got up and I was dead. So annoying.

Â