Nintendo Switch

Chindie

10 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

100% agree. kids with cardboard that product wont last for long

definitely wont be like wii sports and wii fit. nintendo need to concentrate more on bringing more titles out and bringing some games over from the wii u like mario maker (with extras) or a new game altogether 

They will and are, it’s just seeming like a lull because the past 9 months have been such a whirlwind since launch with a bevvy of giant sluggers for established IP’s. This is just something for kids/families. It’s not distracting Nintendo, it’s just something else. The proper games are coming. 

On a side note, anyone got a wii U they want to sell for cheap? Seen one in cex for £120 but don’t want to pay quite that much.

Edited by Ingram85

34 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

They will and are, it’s just seeming like a lull because the past 9 months have been such a whirlwind since launch with a bevvy of giant sluggers for established IP’s. This is just something for kids/families. It’s not distracting Nintendo, it’s just something else. The proper games are coming. 

On a side note, anyone got a wii U they want to sell for cheap? Seen one in cex for £120 but don’t want to pay quite that much.

Why do you want one? I had one and wii u sucks. Probably about 3-4 decent games. The tablet looks so cheap in comparison to the switch

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Why do you want one? I had one and wii u sucks. Probably about 3-4 decent games. The tablet looks so cheap in comparison to the switch

Just to play Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD and Skyward Sword.

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

Just to play Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD and Skyward Sword.

I sold mine with about 10 games for about £325 on eBay was really happy with that as I thought I'd struggle to get £250

12 hours ago, MickeyC_UTV said:

I can see the appeal, I think e.g. the resistance of the elastice for particular games (again) i.e. the shot gun demo but it’s made from cardboard and rubber bands FFS

I think it is great. Dads, mums, sons and daughters can sit down and put something together which then works. Brilliant idea. 

1 hour ago, Dick said:

I think it is great. Dads, mums, sons and daughters can sit down and put something together which then works. Brilliant idea. 

• Haha 1

I let my kids play the Switch.  I'll be buggered if I'm letting them stick it in that cardboard box thing, talk about a guaranteed way to smash it to bits. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

No? I didnt iknow you could? Does that mean you could watch movies on it? 

Not currently, but you can save games to it. I found this deal, was thinking of buying: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-01-24-jelly-deals-pick-up-a-128gb-micro-sd-card-for-switch-for-30

If you, like me, have decided to focus on a purely digital future when it comes to your handheld games, and you happen to also be a Nintendo Switch owner, you're going to want to expand your storage space at some point. While it's a touch absurd that the Switch only comes with 32GB of built-in storage, thankfully the system is compatible with Micro SD cards rather than some sort of proprietary nonsense (looking at you, PS Vita).

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

No? I didnt iknow you could? Does that mean you could watch movies on it? 

Under the kick stand is a MicroSD slot that supports up to 2TB of storage (Nintendo really thinking to the future there).

A very decent way to expand storage if you want to go down the route of downloading games digitally on Switch.  

1 hour ago, Daweii said:

Under the kick stand is a MicroSD slot that supports up to 2TB of storage (Nintendo really thinking to the future there).

A very decent way to expand storage if you want to go down the route of downloading games digitally on Switch.  

That's brilliant have to say very impressed with that. Shame it's not compatible with movies and music though. That would be excellent 

We're coming up to the first anniversary of the launch, here are my ratings for the games I have played:

BOTW - 9.5/10 - my first Zelda experience and one which has taken my breath away and given me a lot of enjoyment

Mario Odyssey - 9/10 - Classic Mario moments, wrapped up with a new experience and additions, great fun. Slightly let down by controls.

Mario Kart 8 - 7/10 - I love Mario Kart but feel a little bored with this. Probably needs more time, but I have had it for 6 months and haven't touched it for 2.

Lego Undercover - 8/10 - Great fun, some wonderful moments. A really enjoyable game, not the hardest I have played but I like switching off and loading up.

Lego Marvel Superheroes 2 - 7.5/10 - Only 2 levels in but this is possibly the best Marvel game yet. Rating likely to rise.

Rocket League - 7/10, Minecraft - 7/10, Stardew Valley 6/10.

• Like 1

Â