Nintendo Switch

Chindie

• 2 weeks later...

I’m getting one for sure. I’ve dropped some hints for Xmas/birthday, if not I’ll treat myself in the new year. 

Even if if it’s just for Zelda, Mario and Mario kart I’ll be happy.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I’m getting one for sure. I’ve dropped some hints for Xmas/birthday, if not I’ll treat myself in the new year. 

Even if if it’s just for Zelda, Mario and Mario kart I’ll be happy.

If your missus is like mine she would have got the hint. As long as they understand xmas is cancelled once they have brought it for us :mrgreen:

Well, when I was a kid I used to unwrap my new games (I knew the hiding place ofc), play them when my folks were out, then re-warp them before they got back. This may only have meant i had an hour or so with the game, but it made the game even more fun. I would suggest you try the same with the Switch.

4 hours ago, hogso said:

Well, when I was a kid I used to unwrap my new games (I knew the hiding place ofc), play them when my folks were out, then re-warp them before they got back. This may only have meant i had an hour or so with the game, but it made the game even more fun. I would suggest you try the same with the Switch.

By the time you set it up connect to internet and then Ned to unpack she would be home damn it :angry:

Just ordered a neon switch with Mario Odyssey and the odyssey carry case/screen protector pack. Will be here in time to set up and be playing by 13:30 on Monday afternoon. Dem, I'll let you know how it goes. :D:P:thumb:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Just ordered a neon switch with Mario Odyssey and the odyssey carry case/screen protector pack. Will be here in time to set up and be playing by 13:30 on Monday afternoon. Dem, I'll let you know how it goes. :D:P:thumb:

You lucky git!! Yeah let me know bud!

Well, got it all set up by 11:00 and have just stopped playing Mario odyssey. Its a bit bloody good. Skyrims coming tomorrow, I'll pick Zelda up again at some point and need to get FIFA and Mario kart too. Xenoblade out Friday and Ill need to download stardew valley and golf story aswell. Bit of a contrast to when I had it on launch and just had Zelda :D

47 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Well, got it all set up by 11:00 and have just stopped playing Mario odyssey. Its a bit bloody good. Skyrims coming tomorrow, I'll pick Zelda up again at some point and need to get FIFA and Mario kart too. Xenoblade out Friday and Ill need to download stardew valley and golf story aswell. Bit of a contrast to when I had it on launch and just had Zelda :D

Whats your verdict on odyssey?

14 hours ago, Chindie said:

Despite my outright disdain for the concept of the Switch (and being completely wrong on its chances as a device...), I now own one. Basically entirely because I want to play Mario...

Whats your opinion on it? 

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Whats your opinion on it? 

It's well made and feels more cohesive than anything Nintendo havemade in a while.

It's a bit unwieldy though. Playing it with controllers attached it doesn't quite feel right in my hand, particularly on the right, where it feels slightly awkward to hold when using the stick. Might just be a case of getting used to it.

But yeah. It's pretty good. 

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

It's well made and feels more cohesive than anything Nintendo havemade in a while.

It's a bit unwieldy though. Playing it with controllers attached it doesn't quite feel right in my hand, particularly on the right, where it feels slightly awkward to hold when using the stick. Might just be a case of getting used to it.

But yeah. It's pretty good. 

Better than the wii u then? :mrgreen:

12 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Anyone aware of any good deals on these at the moment as the good lady is getting me one for Xmas. The only game I definitely want is Zelda.

Quite looking forward to Xmas now :)

Might be worth watching Amazon, they did pretty good deals over the Black Friday weekend (basically working out as being reduced price/free game bundles, but still good - I got the Mario bundle). Hopefully they'll repeat them. Otherwise might be a bit of a struggle, it's sold well enough that nobody is slashing prices or the like.

Welcome back btw :)

• Like 1

Â