Nintendo Switch

Chindie

Out of stock in shops pretty much everywhere now, I've ordered one from tesco and am picking it up Monday afternoon. Bought Zelda and the case/screen protector today. Will get an sd card and pro controller eventually. Happy boy today. Will be bouncing off the walls Monday morning.

Popped round to a friends, as he has the console. It's great! The 1-2 switch game might be gimmicky but it is really fun and boy those controllers feel... kind of like there is a force on your hand? Weird, but great!

This is the Vita replacement I have been looking for too! The screen looks wonderful, doesn't lose anything from glare. I am super excited for this now!

3 hours ago, DK82 said:

This is the Vita replacement I have been looking for too! The screen looks wonderful, doesn't lose anything from glare. I am super excited for this now!

You are imo a man living in the real world, it's a hand held psp, 3DS thing

at the moment my gaming set up is 17" tv on the floor in my living room, on Monday night at 6.30 my missus puts hollyoaks on, it carries through until corrie finishes at 9.00, I'm sat with headphones in playing on that little tv

this should be the answer, its not, I cast help but think they've targeted the wrong age group with it, they've looked at kids going down the park with it, if they'd have looked at how a bloke who grew up with the snes and is now 32 would use this thing then they'd have something possibly amazing on their hands 

Edited by villa4europe

Seems like there's a lot of noise about dead pixels. 

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Nintendo-Switch/Troubleshooting/There-are-black-or-bright-dots-on-the-Nintendo-Switch-screen-that-do-not-go-away-or-there-are-dark-or-light-patches-on-the-screen-/There-are-black-or-bright-dots-on-the-Nintendo-Switch-screen-that-do-not-go-away-or-there-are-dark-or-light-patches-on-the-screen--1201195.html

Small numbers of stuck or dead pixels are a characteristic of LCD screens. These are normal and should not be considered a defect.

Yeah, **** you. That's a faulty product, Nintendo.

7 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

It's not the switchs fault you have a 17" TV. :)

Get a proper TV you weirdo.

The 17" tv is my gaming tv! It's next to the 40" with eastenders on it, my missus is currently watching inside Windsor castle, I'm sat next to her on the iPad on VT, I should be sat on the switch posting on VT before going off to play Zelda 

• Like 1

Seems people are having issues with their Switch

Some of those issues are pretty bad as well. I'd say the controller locking is probably the worst. I am sure loads of children will easily make that mistake only to have their controllers locked.

This guy also did a durability test on the switch and basically found out that is is made from really cheap parts and is likely to break/scratch. 

Nintendo Switch - Durability Test

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Seems people are having issues with their Switch

Some of those issues are pretty bad as well. I'd say the controller locking is probably the worst. I am sure loads of children will easily make that mistake only to have their controllers locked.

This guy also did a durability test on the switch and basically found out that is is made from really cheap parts and is likely to break/scratch. 

Nintendo Switch - Durability Test

It's the switches fault that mouth breathers put the left joycon wrist grip on the right joycon? 

Every console ever from every company ever has had a small percentage of defective units. 

Stanley blade in cutting plastic shocker. Plastic screen is not scratch proof shocker.:o

That video - if you watch it and see - is actually quite complimentary if you are familiar with Jerry, he shows that despite being plastic it's actually well made and continues to work after some extreme stress testing of all kinds. Plus it's not like we didn't know it wasn't made of plastic beforehand. As is the xb1 & PS4 whom I'm sure will scratch and cut just like the switch does. I'll refrain from cutting it or setting fire to it. There are £600+ phones with sapphire screens and whatnot that perform much worse in his vids.

Without sounding like a defensive shareholder, this is no different to any other console launch. Idiots using it wrong is not the switch's fault. I'm not denying there are defective units out there as there clearly are which is a shame for those affected but there were/are defective xb, xb360, xb1, ps1-4 etc... what about the hundreds of thousands or millions that haven't been affected?

The only issue I have is how awkward and janky the dock is. A bit of weight added to the bottom of it and some lint cloth/material on the inside bit would be nice but I have the screen protector on it so no issue for me. 

Its a fantastic bit of kit, I'm getting fed up of everyone focusing so much on the negatives that the vastly outweighing positives are being ignored. It definitely has issues, name me a console or launch  that hasn't, but for me, all weighed up, it's simply a brilliant little piece of refreshingly enjoyable tech.

Edited by Ingram85

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

It's the switches fault that mouth breathers put the left joycon wrist grip on the right joycon? 

Every console ever from every company ever has had a small percentage of defective units. 

Stanley blade in cutting plastic shocker. Plastic screen is not scratch proof shocker.:o

That video - if you watch it and see - is actually quite complimentary if you are familiar with Jerry, he shows that despite being plastic it's actually well made and continues to work after some extreme stress testing of all kinds. Plus it's not like we didn't know it wasn't made of plastic beforehand. As is the xb1 & PS4 whom I'm sure will scratch and cut just like the switch does. I'll refrain from cutting it or setting fire to it. There are £600+ phones with sapphire screens and whatnot that perform much worse in his vids.

Without sounding like a defensive shareholder, this is no different to any other console launch. Idiots using it wrong is not the switch's fault. I'm not denying there are defective units out there as there clearly are which is a shame for those affected but there were/are defective xb, xb360, xb1, ps1-4 etc... what about the hundreds of thousands or millions that haven't been affected?

The only issue I have is how awkward and janky the dock is. A bit of weight added to the bottom of it and some lint cloth/material on the inside bit would be nice but I have the screen protector on it so no issue for me. 

Its a fantastic bit of kit, I'm getting fed up of everyone focusing so much on the negatives that the vastly outweighing positives are being ignored. It definitely has issues, name me a console or launch  that hasn't, but for me, all weighed up, it's simply a brilliant little piece of refreshingly enjoyable tech.

I'd say they made it too easy to make that mistake. It's like putting batteries in a remote. Yes there is a + and - to indicate which side goes where, but sometimes you just mess up. The good thing about batteries is if you put them in the wrong way, they pop out. The switch remote is incredibly difficult to fix if you insert it incorrectly.

Also I am surprised they went with a plastic screen instead of glass because yes, plastic is very easy to scratch whereas glass is not. You car keys can scratch the Switch's screen if you're not careful. 

The dock is definitely a mess up. There is no reason for the front of the dock. A lot of people have had their switch's scratched because of the dock. 

A bit frustrating, my version of Zelda is a download code. So I put the system on sleep mode when the download was on 80% and it started again from scratch when I booted up. Nightmare.

For me, It's worth getting at £280 so with a price drop even more so. £250 would be perfect. It does something completely different to the PS4 or XB1 which were both £400+ consoles on launch.

Playing a full on console quality BotW in bed or on the crapper is fantastic.

• Like 2

Â