• limpid

Just visiting?   27/12/16

Please click "Sign Up" and login to use the full functionality of the site.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chindie

Nintendo Switch

287 posts in this topic

Posted

So I had a go on a mate's Switch last night and I loved it. The handheld mode is flawless and Mario Kart looked amazing. Didn't see it in docked mode.

It could be so much better though. If it had more power, a decent online system and backwards compatibility for 3DS games, Wii games etc it could be bigger than the PS4 IMO. Why do they make these decisions?

Posted

I like what they've done with the Switch. If they're not going to make a direct competitor to Sony/MS as far as hardware goes this is a pretty unique way of going about it. When/if the virtual console comes to the Switch they'll have a really good thing here.

Bought one last week as i've not really touched anything Nintendo since the 64. Love it so far, I don't expect it to run huge third party games - if they can make exclusives like Zelda, MK and Splatoon even semi consistently I'll be satisfied.

Posted

The lack of games is what's made me not buy one yet. Same old problem Nintendo with every bloody console

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

17 hours ago, villarule123 said:

So I had a go on a mate's Switch last night and I loved it. The handheld mode is flawless and Mario Kart looked amazing. Didn't see it in docked mode.

It could be so much better though. If it had more power, a decent online system and backwards compatibility for 3DS games, Wii games etc it could be bigger than the PS4 IMO. Why do they make these decisions?

Because that would mean improved, more expensive hardware which would either mean they price most gamers out of buying their system over an Xbox or PS4 or they keep the price low and make less of a profit on it, if any at all.

They're not stupid. They realise they hold a number of cards regarding to the sheer amount of IP only available on the Nintendo platform and that's what will get people buying their consoles whilst ensuring they make a tidy profit.

As long as they improve the hardware a little from the last generation and offer a huge Mario and Zelda game they know the product will sell, that and introducing some new gimmick in the hope that's enough to cover for the fact they're so far behind Microsoft and Sony in regards to online play and home media.

Edited by Ginko

Posted

Modern world: $ > people; graphics > gameplay... fortunately the second one is not completely dominant. Gameplay (==happiness/fun/challenge) wins every time.

Posted

I love my Switch. Wouldn't change it for any other console. 

2 people like this

Posted

Was in game today I know a lot of people won't like this but the street fighter 2 switch version excites me. One of my fav games ever

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0