Nintendo Switch

Chindie

Anyone seen the Zelda reviews for this? 

It's looking pretty insane. Some reviewers saying it's the best game ever made. 

EDGE 10
Famitsu 40/40
Gamepro 94/100
Gamespot 10
Jeuxvideo 20/20
IGN 10/10
Eurogamer Essential
Vooks 5/5
Giantbomb 5/5
PressStart 10/10
Easy Allies 4.5/5
Jeuxvideo-live 18/20
GoG 10/10
Gamesradar 5/5
Polygon 10/10
Gamecentral 10/10
GamersGlobal.de: 9.5/10
Multiplayer.it 9.7/10
Destructoid 10/10
rpgsite 10/10
NintendoLife 10/10
Gamereactor Spain 10/10
USGamer 5/5
Kotaku "Best Zelda ever" aka 10/10

Edited by PieFacE

I have no doubt that it's good but Zelda is a woefully overrated series.

The issue with Zelda is players and reviewers alike all have an affinity with the brand which unfortunately makes everyone biased.

Ocarina of Time is a pivotal moment in gaming and tens of millions players and adored it, but I feel that game 19 years on is still dictating review scores.

I dunno I'm very cynical when it comes to reviews. Lineage often matters more than the actual product being reviewed and Zelda is a prime example of this. 

• Like 2

I understand @Daweii's concerns, and I would often times agree. However, Breath of the Wild seems to be the real deal. Ofc I haven't played it and have only seen/read the same footage as everyone else, but the sheer scale, look, playability, features, and attention to detail of this look utterly incredible, and I would suggest you are being somewhat overly cynical on this occasion.

• Like 2

I'll just leave these here about the New Zelda game currently sitting on 98 on Metacritic ;)

"If there’s a better game out there than Breath of the Wild, I haven’t played it. Nintendo has created, for me, the greatest game of all time. It’s everything I want from a game and one of the most rewarding experiences I’ve ever had." - http://www.trustedreviews.com/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-review#lXSRxFe1DgUoJib0.99

"In Short: The best Zelda there’s ever been, and very possibly the best video game ever made.” - http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/02/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-review-best-of-the-best-6483294/

"The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is Nintendo’s Magnum Opus. It’s not only the best Zelda game ever created, it’s also one of the very best videogames in the history of the art. Games like this are so rare that it would be impossible to classify it as anything other than a masterpiece. Experience it at all costs” - http://digitalchumps.com/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-review

"Breath of the Wild isn’t just the best Zelda game ever crafted, it’s one of the best games of all time. Hand over the crown, Ocarina of Time.” - http://www.vooks.net/legend-zelda-breath-wild-review/

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Do I really purchase a Switch just to play 1 game? No pieface, no. 

No, you could buy a WiiU just to play 1 game instead.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think Mario odyssey is going to be incredible as well though to be fair pieface 

I wonder if these are going to sell out everywhere like the nes mini did?

Just watched the trailer for Mario Odyssey and it does look good. Hmmm... tempted, probably smart to wait a few months, or maybe towards xmas. Got serious FOMO at the minute tho. :( 

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think Mario odyssey is going to be incredible as well though to be fair pieface 

I wonder if these are going to sell out everywhere like the nes mini did?

It wouldn't surprise me. Nintendo work like a toy company, they intentionally under supply to force hype/demand.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It wouldn't surprise me. Nintendo work like a toy company, they intentionally under supply to force hype/demand.

Might buy one then and sell it for a lil profit a couple weeks later then :P

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

How does the game run on Wii U compared to Switch? 

720p 30FPS compared to 900p 30FPS on Switch.

That said both are full of frame drops as neither system has the hardware for such a sprawling open game. 

• Like 2

I have this thing sat in an Argos basket, and I can go collect it any minute as Argos is literally around the corner. Really want to buy it but I also have Horizon being delivered today which will take up all my spare time over the next few weeks no doubt. God damn it. I want shiny new things. 

I really really want one but £320 to play 1 game? Nah. I'll wait and bite at £250-275 with Zelda. By then MK8 should be out and I'll be closer to MO. Fast RMX looks good too.

Edited by Ingram85

28 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I really really want one but £320 to play 1 game? Nah. I'll wait and bite at £250-275 with Zelda. By then MK8 should be out and I'll be closer to MO. Fast RMX looks good too.

I'm probably going to get it, complete Zelda, and sell it again.

Expensive way to play one game but it's going to happen

21 hours ago, Daweii said:

720p 30FPS compared to 900p 30FPS on Switch.

That said both are full of frame drops as neither system has the hardware for such a sprawling open game. 

If this game was released on PS4/Xbox one and looked and performed as it does it would be absolutely slated.

Have to say it doesn't bode well for the future of the console when it can't properly run it's own flagship title on day one

• Like 1

Â