Fan Trouble at Euro 2016

Genie

2 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

You've seen different videos to me then. Where did you suggest all the rubbish was put? It looked to me like the bin men had been on strike for the previous month but if there is no provision to throw rubbish away, what would you recommend?

You could be right, send them over to the police who I'm sure will dispose of them safely :D

the other thing is i havent seen the numbers yet but im assuming we are in a much larger group than the majority of other fans, did see the number 500k suggested before the tournament, thinking most of those will be heading towards lens on a day trip

the % of idiots could be the same and we'd still look like we've got far more than anyone else

Just now, Genie said:

You could be right, send them over to the police who I'm sure will dispose of them safely :D

Chance would be a fine thing. They've shown complete ineptitude at policing, I doubt they could stretch to anything that involves work or making an effort.

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the other thing is i havent seen the numbers yet but im assuming we are in a much larger group than the majority of other fans, did see the number 500k suggested before the tournament, thinking most of those will be heading towards lens on a day trip

the % of idiots could be the same and we'd still look like we've got far more than anyone else

The 500k figure was an estimate of everybody who would be travelling on a British passport as far as I'm aware.  Of course the overwhelming majority of those will be English, England makes up about 85% of the population of the UK and over 90% of the population of the home nations who qualified.  I'd think along with the Germans, England will be the largest group of travelling fans in France for the tournament. 

• Like 1

And anyway we're not all angels.  Some Irish fans were caught singing ABBA earlier today.  ABBA FFS!  There's just no place for that in football.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

"can you stick this in the bin for me please mr officer"

England_fans-xlarge_trans++SZCfQn3UNBPwF

its all a misunderstanding...

After being attacked by the Russians-That's the only misunderstanding. None of that happened before the Russians landed, kicked many innocents to a pulp and ripped down English flags. If the police are going to stand by and watch, what do you expect people to do?

2 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

After being attacked by the Russians-That's the only misunderstanding. None of that happened before the Russians landed, kicked many innocents to a pulp and ripped down English flags. If the police are going to stand by and watch, what do you expect people to do?

I thought there was an altercation between police and England fans prior to the game which would have been before any altercations with the Russians

to be fair thats not quite true. unfortunately for us before the russians turned up and it got daft the english fans had already 2 days / nights of the french attacking them and the police firing tear gas at them for singing

we'd already been blamed for everything before at least some people decided to have another look at it

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

"can you stick this in the bin for me please mr officer"

England_fans-xlarge_trans++SZCfQn3UNBPwF

its all a misunderstanding...

Daft question, but why were there so many glass bottles in Marseilles?  Almost all the beer seemed to be Heineken, which presumably would have been bought locally on the day of the game and I dare say the bars, supermarkets and off licenses of Marseilles stocked up in anticipation of selling an absolute shitload more than they usually do so why weren't they asked to only provide plastic bottles to the area for a period of time ahead of the tournament?  That would be considered best practice, surely?  

I think that's a perfectly reasonable question @The_Rev.  Maybe the city in general just underestimated the scale of what was to come and didn't think it would be a necessary step.

1 minute ago, The_Rev said:

Daft question, but why were there so many glass bottles in Marseilles?  Almost all the beer seemed to be Heineken, which presumably would have been bought locally on the day of the game and I dare say the bars, supermarkets and off licenses of Marseilles stocked up in anticipation of selling an absolute shitload more than they usually do so why weren't they asked to only provide plastic bottles to the area for a period of time ahead of the tournament?  That would be considered best practice, surely?  

dont know, like i said in my other post it comes across like they were under prepared for us arriving, they should have a glass ban across all the bars

looking at the floor i think thats 2 cases of desperado, couple of other cases of stuff, that says to me they're buying their booze at shops, again something which they should be able to manage but they're not, i saw it first hand last year at wembley how our police controlled villa fans who couldnt fit in to bars

next game at marseille is france vs albania so that will be quiet and any suggestion that the city and the police have **** up will be burshed under the carpet they've got poland v ukraine before the group stage finishes though

6 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

I agree mr Rev, this is the kind of bread and butter planning you'd expect from a developed nation such as France. They should have instructed all retailers NOT to sell glass bottles 6 months ago.  don't expect many fans to turn their noses up at it being in a plastic bottle!

Edited by Genie

4 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

More importantly, who in the right frame of mind would want to drink Heineken?

I have heard that some places didn't sell beer but many were buying crates from off licences.

PRO sport which i think is a romanian newspaper reporting that 9 romanians were arrested in paris

steaua fans have battered a leader of dinamo's mob, dinamo fans have then attacked a bar full of steaua fans

looking for the article but im struggling with the translation at the moment

Edited by villa4europe

Don't just blame it on the Russians, the English is just to blame for this stupidity as well as the French.

All of you all are to blame for this! Quit pointing the finger and just face it that you have caused part of the controversy here. Not 100% of it, but you are reliable.

2 minutes ago, 007√ said:

Don't just blame it on the Russians, the English is just to blame for this stupidity as well as the French.

All of you all are to blame for this! Quit pointing the finger and just face it that you have caused part of the controversy here. Not 100% of it, but you are reliable.

who is you? English supporters in general, those in France? The Welsh, Irish, northern Irish and Scotch? As they are members on here too. 

Edited by Seat68

Just now, Seat68 said:

who is you? English supporters in general, those in France? The Weslsh and Scotch? As they are members on here too. 

The English, since generally most people here are English and this is Aston Villa which is an English club.

All I've seen the past 4 days are pointing fingers at the Russians and French, when in fact you are just as reliable as they are.

Â