Fan Trouble at Euro 2016

Genie

3 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

"Destroying Marseille" Get out of town you drama queen. Where was this? Where is the proof or are you just posting this for effect?

In many videos, the police stand back and watch English people take horrific beatings and then fire tear gas into them after the Russians have gone.

& most people did try to run away-Unfortunately, the speed of the assaults caught them off guard. One doesn't normally think a 100 strong group will attack 2's and 3's

Do you not have a television or something?

Do your own Google search. 

If some other group of fans were throwing chairs and bottles and fronting up to police like we have been, but in Birmingham (or your city, wherever it is), you'd have a totally different story. 

• Like 1

its what comes first, dont watch the videos that start with the chairs being thrown, watch the ones with fans just stood round doing nothing and see how it changes

like i said watch the ones of ireland tonight, how many of them feature a row of riot police in the background? how many of them feature tear gas being fired in to fans enjoying themselves? theres a fair few of english ones thats for sure

the police tactic for a couple of blokes playing up was fire tear gas in to the crowd, its awful policing

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Do you not have a television or something?

Do your own Google search. 

If some other group of fans were throwing chairs and bottles and fronting up to police like we have been, but in Birmingham (or your city, wherever it is), you'd have a totally different story. 

I don't watch much TV & I've googled a lot since Saturday night. Funny thing is, I can't find anything about Marseille being "destroyed"-In fact you'll be pleased to hear that it looks perfectly intact on the subsequent videos.

1 minute ago, Butterfingers said:

I don't watch much TV & I've googled a lot since Saturday night. Funny thing is, I can't find anything about Marseille being "destroyed"-In fact you'll be pleased to hear that it looks perfectly intact on the subsequent videos.

You can avoid the point all you want mate, the reality is England's hooligans were top of the news cycle all day Thursday and most of the day Friday before the Russians turned up. There are abundant videos of chairs being thrown, bottles being thrown, xenophobic chanting and whatever else. You'd have **** hated it happening outside your door, I know that for a fact. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BOF said:

And anyway we're not all angels.  Some Irish fans were caught singing ABBA earlier today.  ABBA FFS!  There's just no place for that in football.

Nope, no it got worse.  They were also filmed singing Westlife and dancing.  Great craic!!

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

You can avoid the point all you want mate, the reality is England's hooligans were top of the news cycle all day Thursday and most of the day Friday before the Russians turned up. There are abundant videos of chairs being thrown, bottles being thrown, xenophobic chanting and whatever else. You'd have **** hated it happening outside your door, I know that for a fact. 

I thought the French don't understand English? That's what they always say. Now all of a sudden they are able to translate explicit chanting.

I'm a bit more tolerant than you. If a group of foreigners want to come and chant in the bars of my city during a large tournament then that's fine.

Anyway, you seem to have detracted from poor old Marseille being destroyed and its now just a few chairs and empty bottles that (according to you) were damaged.

you cant take any of that based on what the media was reporting

they were **** loving it on thrusday and friday, the englsih playing up abroad again, then the russians turned up and it got a bit serious and became apparent that it wasnt us, all they've done now is reverted back to yeah but it was definitely us on thursday and friday...its bullshit, talk to people out there, watch the videos of people out there

i've heard stories of french gangs, the police, local journalists...we arent saints but we're getting mugged off here

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It'd help if the locals weren't throwing bottles in to crowds of England fans, causing violence themselves. 

2 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

I thought the French don't understand English? That's what they always say. Now all of a sudden they are able to translate explicit chanting.

I'm a bit more tolerant than you. If a group of foreigners want to come and chant in the bars of my city during a large tournament then that's fine.

Anyway, you seem to have detracted from poor old Marseille being destroyed and its now just a few chairs and empty bottles that (according to you) were damaged.

LOL, 'according to me'. 

Whatever mate, you win your victory. Congratulations. I'll let you all live in your utterly fatuous bubble where poor England fans are put-upon victims of everybody else. 

I know it's the Mail and Martin Samuel is a marmite journalist but imo this is a brilliant piece on the overview of the violence...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3637944/Euro-2016-violence-Marseille-Half-naked-paralytic-leering-women-taking-town-square-like-occupying-army-s-England-fans-repulse-world.html

They were the ones who brought explosives into the stadium, they were the ones who, on what appeared to be the given signal of a launched flare, invaded a section of England fans and administered random beatings. They came equipped with mixed martial arts frippery, gumshields and something approaching uniform.

Yet, just because we have met and suffered the new hooliganism, does not mean we should remain blind to our ancient own, revisited in an old stamping ground on a blighted long weekend.

There is a terrace song that sums up English attitudes abroad; it is a deeply unpleasant one, and heard most regularly as a taunt from the away section at Anfield. We won't repeat it here. Suffice to say it cannot always be the French police, the local population, or the Russians that are out for trouble in Marseille.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-3637944/Euro-2016-violence-Marseille-Half-naked-paralytic-leering-women-taking-town-square-like-occupying-army-s-England-fans-repulse-world.html#ixzz4BV9e3cyJ 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Classic deflection there. Ignored his last point about you running away from your initial point and, obviously, no opinion on the video which clearly shows French attacking England fans unprovoked. Doesn't fit the agenda though, I suppose.

Yes according to you. You tried to make a mountain out of a mole hill by turning one incident where local low life attacked a bar that English fans were drinking.

By the time this gets back to VT, Marseille is "destroyed" Priceless.

I really have no idea why people like you get off on this utter nonsense and exaggerating but it really does genuine football fans no favours whatsoever.

Those middle aged men getting kicked to a pulp on Saturday afternoon could just as easily have been me or you if it was the Villa who were playing. You really need to think about the rubbish you post. Having your skull smashed by a chair whilst running away does not constitute provoking trouble.

to be fair marseille is destroyed...

you take the violence away and marseille still looks like a war zone but that was discussed earlier

they reckon its £3m worth of damage and want us to contribute towards the bill

i dont think the tournament is done by a long shot, russia are still about and i cant believe with that kind of violence they're a one and done, with the scary numbers we are taking to lens we'll be near impossible to cope with again, then poland play ukraine in marseille next week so i dont see that being a quiet one

Okay, one last time since there isn't half some garbage being spoken in here.

12 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Classic deflection there. Ignored his last point about you running away from your initial point and, obviously, no opinion on the video which clearly shows French attacking England fans unprovoked. Doesn't fit the agenda though, I suppose.

Do me a favour mate. 

1] Try to find the point where I said nobody attacked England fans. Go on, try to find it. 

2] The port area of the city has been 'destroyed'. Okay, not by the Luftwaffe, but it has been badly damaged. Lots of bars have received lots of property damage. You're trivialising it because it's not your problem, because acknowledging that England fans descending on a place is almost uniformly a dreadful sign doesn't fit your own agenda. Here's a question for you: do you think the people of Marseille are happy to have hosted the game on Saturday, or not?

13 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

Yes according to you. You tried to make a mountain out of a mole hill by turning one incident where local low life attacked a bar that English fans were drinking.

By the time this gets back to VT, Marseille is "destroyed" Priceless.

I really have no idea why people like you get off on this utter nonsense and exaggerating but it really does genuine football fans no favours whatsoever.

Those middle aged men getting kicked to a pulp on Saturday afternoon could just as easily have been me or you if it was the Villa who were playing. You really need to think about the rubbish you post. Having your skull smashed by a chair whilst running away does not constitute provoking trouble.

I never even mentioned any such incident.

You know what does genuine football fans no favours? People like you, covering their eyes and pretending there's no problems. Even though the rest of the world is talking about it, you see no evil. 

Â