Fan Trouble at Euro 2016

Genie

That was the only incident of note before Saturday. You failed to mention that yet again, the English were attacked. You made out that Marseille was systematically destroyed by marauding fans whereas in reality, it was a minor incident in which a few locals attacked a bar and a couple of chairs were thrown. When you retell the story though, you omit the locals and make out that it was indiscriminate mayhem by the English.

Had locals not attacked the bar, there would have been no trouble.

You try to make it out to be WW3 for some reason best known to yourself. It stirs it all up and people jump on the bandwagon that the English disease has returned.

25 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Okay, one last time since there isn't half some garbage being spoken in here.

Do me a favour mate. 

1] Try to find the point where I said nobody attacked England fans. Go on, try to find it. 

2] The port area of the city has been 'destroyed'. Okay, not by the Luftwaffe, but it has been badly damaged. Lots of bars have received lots of property damage. You're trivialising it because it's not your problem, because acknowledging that England fans descending on a place is almost uniformly a dreadful sign doesn't fit your own agenda. Here's a question for you: do you think the people of Marseille are happy to have hosted the game on Saturday, or not?

1) Never said that you said nobody attacked England fans. So where did you get that from? But you're mostly talking out against the actions of England fans. When you (seemingly reluctantly) have to acknowledge others have done the same, its a "Yeah... but England fans did this" type attitude.

2) Where have I said England fans have been perfectly fine?

You've spent good time in this thread vilifying England fans, I've yet to see the same in regards to the locals and Russians and them doing the same. I agree, the England fans have been far from saints and I've never said otherwise. But the only time you seem to acknowledge others have been involved in wrong doing it's "Yeah, but England fans were doing it first!" type posts.

Edited by kurtsimonw

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think one thing we might all be able to agree on is the hope for a safe and trouble-free game on Thursday at least. 

i just dont see it :(

im hoping the violence we've already seen means some people will decide not to go, im also hoping the terrible weather in lens on thursday keeps people off the streets i just think there are too many people going for there to be no trouble

14 hours ago, villa4europe said:

spot on, this was an preordained organised attack on anyone that was english

Looking more and more like it was government sanctioned!

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

i just dont see it :(

im hoping the violence we've already seen means some people will decide not to go, im also hoping the terrible weather in lens on thursday keeps people off the streets i just think there are too many people going for there to be no trouble

My guess is that we won't see anymore trouble the rest of the way. The Russians made their state sponsored statement to the world, and now we can all move on.

Edited by maqroll

You've got high ranking Russian politicians vigorously applauding the attackers, while in Russia, a gay couple laying flowers in front of the American embassy in Moscow as a tribute to the Orlando massacre victims were arrested on the spot. 

These Russian nationalists are a real **** menace.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, maqroll said:

You've got high ranking Russian politicians vigorously applauding the attackers, while in Russia, a gay couple laying flowers in front of the American embassy in Moscow as a tribute to the Orlando massacre victims were arrested on the spot. 

These Russian nationalists are a real **** menace.

Its nothing new though mate

One of the guys from their traveling delegation is some kind of far right hero, who looks like in tandem with probably Putin himself, made it a priority to attack England fans. Cynical politics are in play here, and I'd be lying if I said it didn't fascinate me. 

Seemingly most, if not all, of the serious Russian hooligans are already gone home.  They only planned a weekend in Marseille of kicking the shit out of the English.

Just now, BOF said:

Seemingly most, if not all, of the serious Russian hooligans are already gone home.  They only planned a weekend in Marseille of kicking the shit out of the English.

How does one know this? 

Just now, PieFacE said:

How does one know this? 

Keeping an ear to the ground on various online resources.  No I'm not part of a Russian firm :P 

• Like 2

Â