Fan Trouble at Euro 2016

Genie

1 hour ago, 007√ said:

Don't just blame it on the Russians, the English is just to blame for this stupidity as well as the French.

All of you all are to blame for this! Quit pointing the finger and just face it that you have caused part of the controversy here. Not 100% of it, but you are reliable.

What you know about it all could be written on the back of a postage stamp.

To say that the English are to blame for people receiving life changing injuries is about as clueless as it gets.

21 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

What you know about it all could be written on the back of a postage stamp.

To say that the English are to blame for people receiving life changing injuries is about as clueless as it gets.

He's just a Yank. The only violence he understands is friendly fire and gun-related massacres.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 007√ said:

Speaking to neutrals who are there, from Switzerland and Albania and they say that a lot of the English have provoked it from the off. Russians just took it to a whole another level but English have retaliated.

Even the Russian journalists are blaming the Russians :D

Shame the Russians didn't come this prepared when they invaded Afghanistan back in the 80s.

Shit kicked out of them and chased back home by a bunch of 3rd world farmers with WW1 rifles 

5 hours ago, BOF said:

And anyway we're not all angels.  Some Irish fans were caught singing ABBA earlier today.  ABBA FFS!  There's just no place for that in football.

With the amount of stick Belgium got from the French over their two Euro coin, singing Waterloo would certainly be seen as disrispectful to the hosts.

through his official twitter account the bloke who is apparently the head of the russian equivalent of MI5 / FBI has tweeted that the french police couldnt cope with the russian fans because they're too use to policing gay pride parades

his name is vladimir markin 

Edited by villa4europe

23 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

through his official twitter account the bloke who is apparently the head of the russian equivalent of MI5 / FBI has tweeted that the french police couldnt cope with the russian fans because they're too use to policing gay pride parades

his name is vladimir markin 

In nearly very video I've seen, the police are just standing watching as the Russians go steaming into the English fans. It just beggars belief. Can you imagine our police just standing by on Broad Street or Centenary Square if England were holding a major tournament?

There's a huge amount of anti-gay and racist ideology in Russia. I've watched a lot of documentaries that showcase the facist views of the countries leaders. They're a f***king disgrace. No way should this World Cup go ahead in Russia. 

• Like 3

Always amazes me the amount of Africans/South American that play for Russian/Ukraine teams. I know the money is good there but they aren't great places to live and you can still earn a good living for playing for medium teams in the major euro leagues before moving up.

Edited by VillaChris

Russian MP Igor Lededev supports the violence. He posted on Twitter "I don't see anything wrong with the fans fighting. Quite the opposite, well done lads. Keep it up".

A world away from England who do everything we can to stop our hooligans from travelling.

7 hours ago, Butterfingers said:

After being attacked by the Russians-That's the only misunderstanding. None of that happened before the Russians landed, kicked many innocents to a pulp and ripped down English flags. If the police are going to stand by and watch, what do you expect people to do?

First of all, yes it did happen before the Russian fans turned up, we started destroying Marseille on Thursday night. 

Secondly, what I would expect people to do, if attacked by hardcore nutcases who are as lethal as you say, is run away. I certainly don't see how throwing empty bottles at French policemen is a sensible self-defense tactic against Russian hooligans.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Every team has dickheads, it's that simple.  England have a reputation that proceeds them so any little disturbance is widely reported.

Fact is, despite the reports early in the weekend, the majority of English were the victims on this occassion.

No, the reports early in the weekend were precisely when England fans were responsible for the majority of the trouble. 

This is being whitewashed on this thread because subsequently a lot of Russian shits turned up, but without the lemon piping, and beat the hell out of us. 

thats not quite true though

before the russians the english fans had plenty of trouble with local russians, there are videos of marseille ultras attacking them in bars, before that there are plenty of videos of england fans enjoying themselves only to be rushed by the marseille police and their love of tear gas

there are tons of videos currently doing the rounds on twitter right now of irish fans out of the streets having the time of their lives, dancing on cars, everyone drinking, everyone singing...pretty much every similar video from england fans from thursday and friday ends with tear gas being shot at them

about time...

Greg Dyke, the Football Association chairman, has admitted having “serious concerns” about England’s supporters being vulnerable to repeat attacks from armed gangs of co-ordinated Russian hooligans over the next few days and accused Uefa of not doing enough to protect innocent fans.

In a strongly worded letter to Uefa, seen by the Guardian, Dyke describes as “unacceptable” the lack of segregation that allowed Russian troublemakers to storm an adjacent section and attack England fans at the end of Saturday’s game in Marseille, leading to a stampede to get away and some of the worst scenes ever witnessed at a European Championship.

Dyke’s letter, including a plea for Uefa to instigate high-level talks with the French police, follows an appeal by the England manager, Roy Hodgson, and the captain, Wayne Rooney, for supporters to behave before and after Thursday’s game against Wales in Lens.

Thousands of England fans will be staying 25 miles away in Lille, where Russia play the previous day, and Dyke admits fearing the worst bearing in mind the FA initially encouraged supporters to choose that city for their base. “We have, following consultation with the authorities, advised our supporters without tickets for the match in Lens to congregate there [in Lille], and whilst we will be working hard to positively influence their behaviour we have serious concerns around the security arrangements for the city in the next few days,” he writes. “These concerns are heightened with the knowledge that Russia will play in Lille on Wednesday.

“We know that UK police authorities are stepping up their support on the ground but we would urge you to bring the policing authorities in both Lille and Lens together as soon as possible to ensure there is a co-ordinated and effective plan in place.”

Dyke’s letter is a response to Uefa writing to the FA threatening to throw England out of the competition if there is a repeat of the disturbances that have scarred the opening week of Euro 2016. They were “abhorrent scenes” according to Dyke, welcoming the alcohol ban that has now been imposed on the tournament’s host cities.

However, Dyke takes exception to Uefa’s account of what happened at the end ofthe 1-1 draw and makes it clear the FA partly hold the organisers responsible for not recognising the potential for disorder. Uefa, he says, has some “serious points” to consider. “The implication in your jointly-addressed letter is that English fans were in part responsible for the terrible incidents at the end of the match with Russia. This is contradicted both by the video evidence and by the fact your independent disciplinary bodies have instigated sanctions only against the Russian football union.

“The only blame apportioned in your letter for the event inside the stadium is to ‘so-called supporters’ when it could be suggested there were other factors involved. We believe the stewarding arrangements in place were unacceptable. Supporters were able to get in with fireworks and flares, and then let them off, and there was insufficient segregation between the Russian and English fans, particularly given the events of the previous two days.

“Having said that, let me be clear we join you in condemning the horrible scenes in Marseille away from the stadium on Thursday, Friday and match-day. A minority of English fans were clearly involved in some of those incidents and that is extremely disappointing to us all, but please also recognise that tens of thousands have behaved in a positive way.”

The FA is now hoping that ticketless England fans choose to stay away from Lille. “As the England manager, I am obviously now very concerned about the threat that is hanging over us and the sanction that could possibly be imposed upon the team,” Hodgson said in a video message. “We worked very hard to get here and we want to stay in the competition. I’m appealing, therefore, to all of our fans – we appreciated your support at the matches, of course, but I’m appealing to you to stay out of trouble to make certain these threats that are being issued are never carried out.”

Rooney added. “We have a big game coming up against Wales and I’d like to ask the fans: ‘Please, if you don’t have a ticket, don’t travel.’ And for fans with tickets: ‘Be safe, be sensible and continue with your great support for the players.’”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/13/fa-letter-greg-dyke-uefa-england-russia-football-violence?CMP=share_btn_tw

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

First of all, yes it did happen before the Russian fans turned up, we started destroying Marseille on Thursday night. 

Secondly, what I would expect people to do, if attacked by hardcore nutcases who are as lethal as you say, is run away. I certainly don't see how throwing empty bottles at French policemen is a sensible self-defense tactic against Russian hooligans.

"Destroying Marseille". Where was this? Where is the proof or are you just posting this for effect?

In many videos, the police stand back and watch English people take horrific beatings and then fire tear gas into them after the Russians have gone.

& most people did try to run away-Unfortunately, the speed of the assaults caught them off guard. One doesn't normally think a 100 strong group will attack 2's and 3's

“Having said that, let me be clear we join you in condemning the horrible scenes in Marseille away from the stadium on Thursday, Friday and match-day. A minority of English fans were clearly involved in some of those incidents and that is extremely disappointing to us all, but please also recognise that tens of thousands have behaved in a positive way.”

Keyword here is minority. Reports and footage are quite clear that the biggest and most dangerous troublemakers here was the Russians. 

Â