Chris Samuelson

hippo

I won't quote your post KHV...but one point is that I think money laundering is similar  to  Tax Avoidance\ Tax Evasion

Tax Avoidance - Legal 

Tax Evasion - illegal 

and theres a fine line between the two.

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

My issue (which I have said 3 or 4 times now) - is that the last takeover he brokered the ownner did a bunk and the club ended up administration.

Disclaimer

I know he isn't on the villa board - I know he may not be involved at all - this is in response to speculation he may be.

I meant your issue with me asking you. It seems personal. 

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Tax Avoidance - Legal 

Tax Evasion - illegal 

and theres a fine line between the two.

Avoidance is done by the rich and evasion by the poor.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

My issue (which I have said 3 or 4 times now) - is that the last takeover he brokered the ownner did a bunk and the club ended up administration.

Disclaimer

I know he isn't on the villa board - I know he may not be involved at all - this is in response to speculation he may be.

well for my tuppence worth i think he is very much involved in this deal, i would like to think he may have been around for a while as an advisor for xai an then buggered off to take over bristol rovers but no i think if this deal goes thru he will be sat on the board an that makes me feel very ill at ease

its also worth adding that when the reading thing went tits up he did then try an form a consortium himself to take over the club which failed

i just have a horrible feeling this xai isnt the guy we are hopin he is an that when its time to start restructuring this club we could find our training facilities an ground are being used to fund it

am i just being paranoid? i bloody hope so

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I meant your issue with me asking you. It seems personal. 

No, how can it be personal ?

I (and others) have provided info as to why we think Samuelson on the villa board would be bad for us as a football club. - you've asked why and I've told you. 

I still can't see what dastardly plan Samuelson has up his sleeve. Tony will be 100% owner, and isn't short of a few bob, so Samuelson isn't going to recommend a dodgy loan shark, he also won't be working towards selling the club to the dodgy Phoenix Group and should he pull any fast ones all Tony need do is disappear him. Surely he's just Tony's money man, and if he knows a trick or two about finance he may be an asset.

Just now, Jareth said:

I still can't see what dastardly plan Samuelson has up his sleeve. Tony will be 100% owner, and isn't short of a few bob, so Samuelson isn't going to recommend a dodgy loan shark, he also won't be working towards selling the club to the dodgy Phoenix Group and should he pull any fast ones all Tony need do is disappear him. Surely he's just Tony's money man, and if he knows a trick or two about finance he may be an asset.

Thats the idea - youre not meant to see it !!!

lets just say he has "previous".

• Like 2

We can bury our heads if we wish, but the whole thing is just a little strange. Nobody knows what's actually going on though so literally everything is just speculation.

But don't worry, it'll all come out in the next few weeks (or years).

Edited by avfcwills10

As I keep saying, Samuelson will probably be bought on to transfer money from China over here legally/without bypassing FFP. Forget about his reputation from Reading, there were people who did many more illegal things than him.

Edited by meme

3 minutes ago, meme said:

As I keep saying, Samuelson will probably be bought on to transfer money from China over here legally/without bypassing FFP. Forget about his reputation from Reading, there were people who did many more illegal things than him.

Look what his company does. They hide, protect, provide anonymity for mega money holders. 

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Look what his company does. They hide, protect, provide anonymity for mega money holders. 

Good, as long as we keep it legal. 

FFP is a stain upon football. It's about the only thing Randy Lerner got right. 

• Like 2

Just now, hippo said:

Well yes, I know he's not a member of green peace, but Tony is a rich man who likes to keep out of the spotlight (his words), Samuelson is exactly the sort of service provider he would want to use. Anyway I think we've hit a wall here until more info comes out. 

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

And? Panama Papers revealed things like this on a much bigger scale. Most, if not all multi-millionaires/billionaires aren't squeaky clean. Even if they don't know it.

Besides, it's good for us, if you know what i'm saying ;)

Edited by meme

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Good, as long as we keep it legal. 

FFP is a stain upon football. It's about the only thing Randy Lerner got right. 

There was talk that FFP didn't apply for the first 3 years after a club has been taken over - dunno if that was ever implemented.

There was talk that FFP didn't apply for the first 3 years after a club has been taken over - dunno if that was ever implemented.

FFP doesn't even affect clubs relegated from the Premier League for the 1st season, anyways. Samuelson's role will mainly come into effect after the 1st season.

2 minutes ago, meme said:

And? Panama Papers revealed things like this on a much bigger scale. Most, if not all multi-millionaires/billionaires aren't squeaky clean. Even if they don't know it.

Besides, it's good for us, if you know what i'm saying ;)

Sorry, what I meant was Chris Samuelson hasn't been brought on board just to help Tony wire his money to Randy. 

Sorry, what I meant was Chris Samuelson hasn't been brought on board just to help Tony wire his money to Randy. 

He could be wiring it directly into club funds, erasing any losses and basically giving us 'profits' year in, year out.

Besides, his company requires a large amount of intelligence to run; i'm sure Samuelson would be financially academic, regardless of if he is pure evil. :twisted:

Edited by meme

Just now, meme said:

He could be wiring it directly into club funds, erasing any losses and basically giving us 'profits' year in, year out

Exactly - but thats more than just wiring. 

I imagine there will be a fair of money going in and out if Tony fulfils his vision - players, infrastructure, theme park - having a financier on the board could just as easily be a good sign that Tony will be a busy owner.