Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

11 hours ago, MrBlack said:

The North stand did at least have price going for it before they went crazy last year and decided to charge premium rate for terrible experience. 

Yes I think that was the thing I disagreed with the most. It's one thing to put prices up 15% across the board but to justify Holte End prices in the current North Stand was taking the p*ss.

10 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

"Public consultation Wednesday"

We're not hanging about now are we. There seems some real urgency behind the scenes as NSWE push this project.

I suppose it depends on what the consultation tells us. It won't seem so urgent if the news is the club is delaying and/or scaling back the size of the expansion or formally announcing it won't proceed at all if the UK isn't hosting Euro 28.

1 minute ago, brommy said:

I suppose it depends on what the consultation tells us. It won't seem so urgent if the news is the club is delaying and/or scaling back the size of the expansion or formally announcing it won't proceed at all if the UK isn't hosting Euro 28.

That just seems so unlikely.  They have a 30k strong waiting list.

The stadium capacity increase has zero negative impact to our FFP spending, and long term improves the ability for us to spend more.

That said, I suspect some change hold ups are to do with the fact transport improvements look like they wont be happening. And if we were to get Euro 28, then transport improvement costs could come from central government and maybe make them more likely so who knows. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brommy said:

I doubt very much it'll tell us anything like that - this is a step in a process for a revised planning permission - the club presents their revised plans to stakeholders like the local community and they have a chance to raise any objections - if there are no objections, the club submits the revised planning proposal and says a public consultation was carried out and there were no objections - it's just that, there won't be any announcements.

Hopefully it goes smoothly and we can then see the plans when they are submitted to the Birmingham planning website.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I doubt very much it'll tell us anything like that - this is a step in a process for a revised planning permission - the club presents their revised plans to stakeholders like the local community and they have a chance to raise any objections - if there are no objections, the club submits the revised planning proposal and says a public consultation was carried out and there were no objections - it's just that, there won't be any announcements.

Hopefully it goes smoothly and we can then see the plans when they are submitted to the Birmingham planning website.

Can we assume the changes consulted with the local community will be fairly big or an increase rather than a decrease in size and/or capacity from the already consulted and approved plans? I can't see why the club would need to consult very little change or for example, a reduction in size and/or capacity.  They'll be no complaints from local residents saying 'hang on, the roof was planned to be 32m high but it's only 29m'.

I also realise it could be to gauge local concerns to the stadium expansion without the improved access and expansion to the station and without the Villa Live facilities.

4 minutes ago, brommy said:

Can we assume the changes consulted with the local community will be fairly big or an increase rather than a decrease in size and/or capacity from the already consulted and approved plans? I can't see why the club would need to consult very little change or for example, a reduction in size and/or capacity.  They'll be no complaints from local residents saying 'hang on, the roof was planned to be 32m high but it's only 29m'.

I also realise it could be to gauge local concerns to the stadium expansion without the improved access and expansion to the station and without the Villa Live facilities.

I don't think we can - it's a pretty standard stage in planning applications for large buildings - the sort of thing supermarkets do all the time when they decide to remove the clock tower and have an aluminium roof instead - I really think they'll show them up updated plan without the VIllalive building, whatever they're doing along Witton Lane with the academy building and not much else.

• Like 1

I think the fact that they're updating the plans and going for an amended application shows that they want to start work sooner rather than later.  If you were going to drop this all together why bother getting permission to change the building?  Just let the planning sit there and not develop.....  Also, is anyone able to get to the consultation this week?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

What's triggered all this debate on Twatter about us moving from VP?

People putting 2 and 2 together and getting a million because the stadium development stuff has been rejigged.

9 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Depending on location and proposed stadium design I’d be all up for building a new fit for purpose multi use stadium… Villa Park is just a collection of memories which won’t disappear with the stadium. 

It might make business sense and work for some fans but not for me.  I'd feel disassociated.  I'd still support them of course but Aston Villa wouldn't be the entity I feel in love with anymore.

5 minutes ago, Chindie said:

People putting 2 and 2 together and getting a million because the stadium development stuff has been rejigged.

Don't we get some kind of update on what the amended plans are today?

Villa park is triggers broom … always have cherished memories buts that’s all they are memories and cannot be taken away - well until dementia, death etc. It won’t happen in my life time though I feel and I’m 42  

11 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Villa park is triggers broom … always have cherished memories buts that’s all they are memories and cannot be taken away - well until dementia, death etc. It won’t happen in my life time though I feel and I’m 42  

I could agree with you.  But then we would both be wrong.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Trigger's broom except the Holte trinity corner is a unique shape now, just as it was with the old holte and trinity, due to the layout of the site. Trigger's broom except the Witton Lane stand is always the smallest stand, prior to 1994 and post 1994, because of the layout of the site. Trigger's broom except the Holte End has always been the largest stand at the stadium, and the home of the most vocal support, whether as an old style end or a new modern stand. Trigger's broom except for the fact it is in the same location as it has been for 125 years with generation after generation of Villa fan taking the same pilgrimage to the exact same location. 

As I said, even non villa fans think there is a unique aura about Villa Park. We would be crazy to throw that away.

• Like 1

Â