Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

10 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Surely it'll be heavily "sponsored" by Adidas... 👀 

I couldn't care less if it's sponsored by Robbie Savage if it gets me down that season ticket waiting list

Edited by dubliner
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

So any guesses when the last time Villa Park had a 50,00 crowd in?

No prizes, just a feeling of smug self-satisfaction.

Was it Villa vs Blues 1976?

Edited by PaulC

29 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Was it Villa vs Blues 1976?

Yes I believe so

18th September 1976. Villa 1-2 Birmingham (boo). Att 50,084

To avoid a bad taste in the mouth the previous 50k attendance was versus West Ham on Boxing Day 1975. 4-1 win. Att 51,520, with I believe the debut of a certain D.Mortimer.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

On 03/03/2022 at 05:41, WallisFrizz said:

I was a Holte End season ticket holder when it was last a terrace and became a stand. In my mind there was a seamless transition from one to the other and I stood on the terrace at the end of the 93-94 season and then  took up my seat in the Holte Upper the next. This cannot have happened! I have no memory of what I did in the interim and I definitely didn’t miss any games. I must have sat elsewhere for a while yet if you’d have asked me before I read your post I would have sworn that the only time in the 90s that I sat elsewhere in the ground was for a Euro 96 game and a couple of testimonials/friendlies. Where did most  Holte Enders go whilst it was being rebuilt?

I was also a Holte End season ticket holder back then and if I remember correctly the away fans allocation was reduced and they were moved to the corner of the Witton Lane (Doug Ellis). I had to sit in the lower North Stand until the Holte End was rebuilt - I had my season ticket in the upper Holte so had to wait longer for it to open.

18 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

So any guesses when the last time Villa Park had a 50,00 crowd in?

No prizes, just a feeling of smug self-satisfaction.

V Blues 1976 50,026 and have not googled this so may be slightly out

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Yes I believe so

To avoid a bad taste in the mouth the previous 50k attendance was versus West Ham on Boxing Day 1975. 4-1 win. Att 51,520, with I believe the debut of a certain D.Mortimer.

Oh

18 hours ago, sidcow said:

It had a capacity of 48,000 when we when I was a nipper. 

I'm guessing it was therefore before the North Stand was built so sometime mid 70's though crowds were sparse then so maybe 60's. 

Against the Albion (47,998) I reckon there was 55/60k in there the season we won the league

Could not move in the Holte 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tomsub said:

Absolutely correct.

I've been there in sell outs in the 48k days and that night against Albion was way more than I'd ever experienced. 

BTW - the best finish to a game I can remember!

One of the best through balls I’ve ever seen 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So, a full season you'd think with a maximum capacity of about 35,000. We'll be allowed to restrict away fans I'd have thought - probably to 1,500 or less, and the club would need about 500 of those seats for sponsors/players families /friends of the club/etc - and there'd be a need to relocate the hospitality supporters from the North Stand.

That would leave maybe 32,500 tickets available per match - and probably around 29,000 of those gone to season ticket holders.

What would be a fair way of allocating the remaining 3,500 on a game by game basis?

We have 25,000 members and I think you'd need to find a way to put in a hierarchy - would members who have been members for three years get first dibs? Would you do a lottery of pairs of tickets shared between members? Would there be a situation whereby id you've been once you don't get to go again?

Also, with 50,000, how many additional season tickets would you allocate?

If we have 2,500 away fans and then the club/sponsors seats taken out - you'd potentially be looking at selling 47,000 seats a game - probably 3,000 of which would be in hospitality. I'd be tempted to only add another 2,000 season tickets or even leave it capped at 30,000 in order to let a wider number of fans through the door.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Yes I believe so

I remember that West Ham Boxing Day game and it being the debut game for Sir Dennis of Mortimer. It’s probably why I’ve always loved Boxing Day games. Although I’m not sure how many have been so fondly remembered since. If any!!

It’s crazy that the two end stands at a redeveloped Villa park will have a greater capacity than the longer Trinity Road Main stand - Just proves again what an awfully executed design ( no doubt due to a mixture of planning, Doug and Ca$h) It should easily be the largest stand and wonder long term they will could remove the roof and add a third tier like the SAF Stand at Old Trafford, New Anfield Main Stand or Twickenham. 

9973EA94-E2D8-4510-BBA8-4F8CB40893C6.jpeg

23578FC2-7EEF-491A-9A47-1F710A21A61B.jpeg
just imagine a three tiered trinity wrapping around to a new behemoth New North Stand 😍

Edited by thabucks

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

So, a full season you'd think with a maximum capacity of about 35,000. We'll be allowed to restrict away fans I'd have thought - probably to 1,500 or less, and the club would need about 500 of those seats for sponsors/players families /friends of the club/etc - and there'd be a need to relocate the hospitality supporters from the North Stand.

That would leave maybe 32,500 tickets available per match - and probably around 29,000 of those gone to season ticket holders.

What would be a fair way of allocating the remaining 3,500 on a game by game basis?

We have 25,000 members and I think you'd need to find a way to put in a hierarchy - would members who have been members for three years get first dibs? Would you do a lottery of pairs of tickets shared between members? Would there be a situation whereby id you've been once you don't get to go again?

Also, with 50,000, how many additional season tickets would you allocate?

If we have 2,500 away fans and then the club/sponsors seats taken out - you'd potentially be looking at selling 47,000 seats a game - probably 3,000 of which would be in hospitality. I'd be tempted to only add another 2,000 season tickets or even leave it capped at 30,000 in order to let a wider number of fans through the door.

Just some sort of ballot for the members I suppose. Like when we were only allowed 10,000 for Chelsea last year. It will be a pain in the arse for a year or so but for the long term it will result in more fans watching us live.  We will probably cap the season tickets to 35,000, to leave about 10-12,000 tickets for sale for home fans.

Edited by The Fun Factory

1 hour ago, andycv said:

Anyone know when the next Fan Consultation Group is? Are we expecting the detailed plans to be shared then?

There was talk of plans being shared at the next one, but no date is organised yet.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

On a sort of positive note - it should be easier getting in and out of Villa Park for a year while the attendance is restricted. 

Where's this year thing coming from OBE? Didn't happen when the Trinity and Holte were rebuilt? Witton was a complete mess up with asbestos IIRC.

You'd like to think by November-December they'd be 7k seats ready so we'd be up to 42k pretty quickly, think aswell away fans would get just one tier of the Witton while rebuild was going on.

Club could also ask for first three games to be away so we can offer more home games after xmas.

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Where's this year thing coming from OBE? Didn't happen when the Trinity and Holte were rebuilt? Witton was a complete mess up with asbestos IIRC.

You'd like to think by November-December they'd be 7k seats ready so we'd be up to 42k pretty quickly, think aswell away fans would get just one tier of the Witton while rebuild was going on.

Club could also ask for first three games to be away so we can offer more home games after xmas.

Hopefully it won't be a full season without - but I think this is going to be a big build - we're looking at the potential redevelopment of everything from the goal line to the back gardens of the houses on Witton Road. 

I agree, I think we'll have a reduced away section.

How long was the Trinity Road closed? I remember it partially reopening with the waterfall feature, but I can't remember how long it was just concrete.

Depending on the design you’d expect they could undertake a chunk of the build of a new North Stand similar to Liverpool's Main Stand & Anfield Road End … limiting the disruption. 

CBA94E6B-D6E9-4546-A1DD-510770A715B9.jpeg

25D33CC1-4BB7-49E0-A8B9-ADD3ECBFEB35.jpeg
Cannot wait to see what the plans are for the area behind as well.

B37E938B-E24D-4E1E-A9DF-D4D62D4D2656.jpeg

How about a multi story skate park like they’ve just opened in Folkestone… https://f51.co.uk 

Spurs have a climbing wall and deep dive pool planned… 

C6024C60-361B-4694-99DC-5DE5FF8D24B3.jpeg

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Depending on the design you’d expect they could undertake a chunk of the build of a new North Stand similar to Liverpool's Main Stand & Anfield Road End … limiting the disruption. 

CBA94E6B-D6E9-4546-A1DD-510770A715B9.jpeg

25D33CC1-4BB7-49E0-A8B9-ADD3ECBFEB35.jpeg
Cannot wait to see what the plans are for the area behind as well. Spurs have a climbing wall and deep dive pool planned. How about a multi story skate park like they’ve just opened in Folkestone… https://f51.co.uk 

B37E938B-E24D-4E1E-A9DF-D4D62D4D2656.jpeg

The North standard could be massive,  they should move admin and use the footage for accommodation, club shops, restaurants, banqueting etc add a third tier on any of the stands in the future and all being well on the pitch accommodating 65k fans should be a breeze. 

Â