The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

Just now, sexbelowsound said:

Let's be honest, if Lerner has made his mind up to sell he doesn't care about next season. It's not his responsibility in his head.

....and if its thats true, he's probably not that bothered who he sells to....

9 minutes ago, hippo said:

Yep 1000% this

Im sure thats whats happening. Lerners has had a sniff of sale - and just stopped doing everything.

Queue the inevitable takeover collapse.............

Just now, hippo said:

At this stage I don't really think he is. If he does care about Villa he has a funny way of showing it.

We are like his bit on the side. We provided him with romantic nourishment for a fleeting moment but now we've outstayed our welcome. He'll be changing his number ASAP.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

I think if he didn't care we would have been sold already. 

If the owner doesn't care about the clubs future wellbeing he would grant exclusivity to the first chump with enough to buy the club, that doesn't appear to be happening. Now if there are buyers and everything we have been told is true it seems Hollis and perhaps Lerner are investigating the buyers as much as they are investigating us. Granted that doesn't guarantee a good owner but the fact this is taking so long dictates to me that Lerner does care about who takes us over.

Personally I think this is happening, but I also believe that this will just happen. One moment we'll be speculating and then out of nowhere an official statement by the old guard followed by an official statement by our new owners. It may seem like its dragging and maybe it is I don't know how long takeovers take, but I think the next thing we hear will be confirmation of a sale.  

From an Evertonian I know he sounds light years away from our non-commercial fumblings under Lerner et al.

I forsee naming right, outsourcing, and land sales - but is that a bad thing ?

26 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I think if he didn't care we would have been sold already. 

If the owner doesn't care about the clubs future wellbeing he would grant exclusivity to the first chump with enough to buy the club, that doesn't appear to be happening. Now if there are buyers and everything we have been told is true it seems Hollis and perhaps Lerner are investigating the buyers as much as they are investigating us. Granted that doesn't guarantee a good owner but the fact this is taking so long dictates to me that Lerner does care about who takes us over.

Personally I think this is happening, but I also believe that this will just happen. One moment we'll be speculating and then out of nowhere an official statement by the old guard followed by an official statement by our new owners. It may seem like its dragging and maybe it is I don't know how long takeovers take, but I think the next thing we hear will be confirmation of a sale.  

If the new owners want RDM as manager, the he doesn't care who he sells to...

WHAT ??  "I'm sorry gentlemen, your choice of RDM has negated the takeover"  ?????

As if he would decide who to sell to on the basis of their choice of new manager ????

J****C*****onapolicehorse !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wacko:

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

If the new owners want RDM as manager, the he doesn't care who he sells to...

I see your point and maybe you are right considering RDM is useless, but again it's all rumour and speculation on who the new owners want. Saying that would anyone be happy with who we appoint? I mean we're hardly going to get Pellegrini as a Championship side even if our new owners turned out to be absurdly rich. The options seem to be Pearson or Di Matteo.. We lose either way.

One thing I've never got about that picture is, why is Lerner wearing an American flag badge? I've never seen him wear one of those (no one sees him full stop these days).

Minor point I know.