Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

but he is a crap manager

No he isnt in my view, you dont get jobs at Chelsea or Schalke if your crap and you certainly don't win champions leagues 

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Certainly no ITK here, but if the sale happens shortly and Wyness does arrive, could Moyes be tempted I wonder?  I'd be happy with that.  

You would think that if this takeover has been rumbling on for a while, the new owner/s would have his team in place already. I'd expect an appointment to be made pretty quickly after the takeover is concluded and I'd be absolutely over the moon if it were Moyes. 

I think he is a class above anyone that has been linked so far. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

No he isnt in my view, you dont get jobs at Chelsea or Schalke if your crap and you certainly don't win champions leagues 

He's dined out on the Champions League success but taking over with 3 months to go it isn't exactly his team! Rumours are the senior players picked the team and didn't get on with AVB so got their finger out when he went. We need a manager who is proven in building teams RDM isn't. He hasn't been at a club long enough to do it. I want Moyes especially under new owners but I'd be happy with Pearson who the owner is makes a big difference to who we can aim for. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

he got Chelsea job the same way that Black got the Villa job and was no different except the players in dressing room like Drogba, Terry, Lampard and Cech ran it

up with Riijkaard as managers who have achieved a lot with no ability

• Like 1

1 minute ago, av1 said:

You would think that if this takeover has been rumbling on for a while, the new owner/s would have his team in place already. I'd expect an appointment to be made pretty quickly after the takeover is concluded and I'd be absolutely over the moon if it were Moyes. 

I think he is a class above anyone that has been linked so far. 

Agree, I'd be shocked, surprised and over the moon.  Think Moyes now has something to prove to a lot of people and could really get us going again.  

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

he got Chelsea job the same way that Black got the Villa job and was no different except the players in dressing room like Drogba, Terry, Lampard and Cech ran it

Agreed. For every Chelsea and Schalke fan you can find that were happy with him, you could find 10 baggies fans who were not. Now you might say that is irrelevant but getting the gig at VP is more akin to the remit at WBA rather than Chelsea. Absolute fraud of a manager who i fear would be an total disaster. 

The rumours that the Wyness is involved gives me more confidence that Moyes could be tempted. 

Sod it I'm going to check the odds and have a cheeky tenner on him. 

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

Agreed. For every Chelsea and Schalke fan you can find that were happy with him, you could find 10 baggies fans who were not. Now you might say that is irrelevant but getting the gig at VP is more akin to the remit at WBA rather than Chelsea. Absolute fraud of a manager who i fear would be an total disaster. 

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

You lot can be absolutely epic sometimes, 3- 11 teen = 7 type epic.:rolleyes:

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

13 minutes ago, av1 said:

The rumours that the Wyness is involved gives me more confidence that Moyes could be tempted. 

Sod it I'm going to check the odds and have a cheeky tenner on him. 

Moyes was 25-1 until yesterday.  Most are offering 14-1 now, although Betfair may still be offering 20-1.  Think these odds will continue to drop over the next few days, especially if Wyness is confirmed.  It's exciting all of a sudden. 

2 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Moyes was 25-1 until yesterday.  Most are offering 14-1 now, although Betfair may still be offering 20-1.  Think these odds will continue to drop over the next few days, especially if Wyness is confirmed.  It's exciting all of a sudden. 

Moyes has been described as many things, but "exciting" has certainly never come to mind.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Yeah only difference was eric black lost all his games barring one and RDM did very well in his. 

Sorry but for me its silly to describe the champions league win as not his team or he was lucky. it was against Munich in Germany, that alone is a tough task yet he did it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Its surprising that Wyness is not pushing for him, IF Moyes is interested (which I dont think he is)

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah only difference was eric black lost all his games barring one and RDM did very well in his. 

Sorry but for me its silly to describe the champions league win as not his team or he was lucky. it was against Munich in Germany, that alone is a tough task yet he did it. 

Also the it was Terry and Cech etc. comments are a bit weird. That level of anti-football catenaccio can only come from someone with a deep knowledge of Italian football.

9 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

you can get moyes at 36 on betfair...

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Also the it was Terry and Cech etc. comments are a bit weird. That level of anti-football catenaccio can only come from someone with a deep knowledge of Italian football.

come on, Chelsea have always played that way especially vs Barcelona under Mourinho and even Hiddink

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Moyes has been described as many things, but "exciting" has certainly never come to mind.

Sorry, just to clarify I was speaking in general terms, with the takeover etc.  Not Moyes' personality! :D  Would be one helluva coup to get him though.

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

come on, Chelsea have always played that way especially vs Barcelona under Mourinho and even Hiddink

I think its scandalous to say the players won it and the amanger had absolutely zero input in the win. How about we scrap the FA cup wins for Arsenal under Wenger over the last few years. Lets say Walcott and Giroud won them the cup and Wenger didnt against us.