Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

6 minutes ago, Mantis said:

On the subject of next season, am I the only one that's really looking forward to next season? I know we're in a bad state and this season has been beyond shameful but for me it'll just be nice to have a season where I can at least enjoy following Villa some of the time. Even with our recent struggles I've still enjoyed following Villa the last few seasons but this season has just been on a whole new level. And because I've believed we've been down since late last year I haven't been able to take much pleasure from the few victories/goals that we have had.

It'll just be nice to care about Villa again.

Anyone who claims he's enjoyed supporting Villa over the last few years must be some kind of masochist. 

2 minutes ago, avfc1982 said:

Anyone who claims he's enjoyed supporting Villa over the last few years must be some kind of masochist. 

Only some of the time but at least during those seasons there were moments when I was actually able to properly celebrate goals/wins.

12 minutes ago, Mantis said:

On the subject of next season, am I the only one that's really looking forward to next season? I know we're in a bad state and this season has been beyond shameful but for me it'll just be nice to have a season where I can at least enjoy following Villa some of the time. Even with our recent struggles I've still enjoyed following Villa the last few seasons but this season has just been on a whole new level. And because I've believed we've been down since late last year I haven't been able to take much pleasure from the few victories/goals that we have had.

The main issue for me as an overseas supporter is not being able to see the games. Aside from that, I am looking forward to a full refresh, and alook forward to challenging for a "Title".

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Only some of the time but at least during those seasons there were moments when I was actually able to properly celebrate goals/wins.

Yeah, remembering all those consolation goals. The stuff of dreams, eh!

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I am assuming you are a younger supporter and I genuinely admire your feeling for the club.

Being an older supporter like me.....does not give us any more credence that our opinion is better than yours and I would never try to infer that......but what I would say is this.

Never settle for second best.....This is a great old institution and it has been built on those values....don't confuse what I am saying as only support success or we had it better in the past and we know what success is.

I am equally not saying that obscene amounts of money is the only cure...its not.....diligence and astute recruiting will.

I have a clear view of what we need to do, but I also have a clear view of wannabe's both players and managers who think they can do it.

This unbelieveable car crash is reverseable .....and it will be reversed, don't know when, but it will.

We need to appoint the right man and give him FULL control of the playing side....no half measures.

We must NEVER settle for where we are going, but that is quite different from assuming we have a divine right to it.

Aston Villa from the days of MacGregor was a fight.......and it always will be.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Mantis said:

You won't be caring when we are struggling to win a game in the Championship with the same wasters

1 hour ago, avfc1982 said:

Yeah, remembering all those consolation goals. The stuff of dreams, eh!

Did you actually read what I said?

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I am assuming you are a younger supporter and I genuinely admire your feeling for the club.

Being an older supporter like me.....does not give us any more credence that our opinion is better than yours and I would never try to infer that......but what I would say is this.

Never settle for second best.....This is a great old institution and it has been built on those values....don't confuse what I am saying as only support success or we had it better in the past and we know what success is.

I am equally not saying that obscene amounts of money is the only cure...its not.....diligence and astute recruiting will.

I have a clear view of what we need to do, but I also have a clear view of wannabe's both players and managers who think they can do it.

This unbelieveable car crash is reverseable .....and it will be reversed, don't know when, but it will.

We need to appoint the right man and give him FULL control of the playing side....no half measures.

We must NEVER settle for where we are going, but that is quite different from assuming we have a divine right to it.

Aston Villa from the days of MacGregor was a fight.......and it always will be.

I'm youngish yes in that I've only been following Villa closely since the early 2000s onwards (wasn't massively into football when I was a young kid in the late 90s) but this isn't about settling for second best. Of course we can and should do a lot better than we have done recently but I was just making the point that I've had absolutely no joy whatsoever out of this season at all whereas at least in other seasons I've had bits.

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

The scary thing is that I felt this way at the beginning of this season. I even bought a shirt for the first time in years. 

23 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Did you actually read what I said?

I'm youngish yes in that I've only been following Villa closely since the early 2000s onwards (wasn't massively into football when I was a young kid in the late 90s) but this isn't about settling for second best. Of course we can and should do a lot better than we have done recently but I was just making the point that I've had absolutely no joy whatsoever out of this season at all whereas at least in other seasons I've had bits.

Fine

for my part, its much ,much further back than that, that I enjoyed it.

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Anyhow back to the manager search... Does anyone think Woy may be in the running when England inevitable dissapoint in the summer? 

I do hope not. We need someone in before the Euros. I did not want him for the England job and do not want him for our job when he fails again with England. Retirement would seem appropriate for Woy rather than a job with us.    

10 minutes ago, John said:

I do hope not. We need someone in before the Euros. I did not want him for the England job and do not want him for our job when he fails again with England. Retirement would seem appropriate for Woy rather than a job with us.    

I weally wouldn't want Woy wunning us. 

• Like 1