The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

6 hours ago, desensitized43 said:

I do have a major worry that we're going to see more people by numbers vote for "remain" parties but still end up with Farage's Fascists.

That's exactly what's going to happen.

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

If you're the type of person likely to vote for Farage, I don't think that learning about historic homophobia is likely to be the thing that turns you off the idea of doing so.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

If you're the type of person likely to vote for Farage, I don't think that learning about historic homophobia is likely to be the thing that turns you off the idea of doing so.

It might, however, encourage people opposed to come out and vote who otherwise wouldn't

• Like 1

Beeb:

Jeremy Corbyn says talks with the government to find a compromise over Brexit "have gone as far as they can".

The Labour leader said the six weeks of cross-party discussions could not carry on due to "the increasing weakness and instability" of the government.

The two parties are now expected to discuss how to put a number of options to MPs to break the deadlock in Parliament.

Downing Street has yet to respond to the letter.

... more

24 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Beeb:

Hmmm, is the government any more unstable and weak than it was 6 weeks ago? A predictable waste of 6 weeks with the outcome that was obvious before it even started

• Like 1

Given that an earlier narrative was that people needed to vote Labour because everyone had to rally behind one party to rival the NF party - presumably they will be deserting Labour and their weight is going to be thrown behind the Lib Dems now?

Edited by ml1dch
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Given that an earlier narrative was that people needed to vote Labour because everyone had to rally behind one party to rival the NF party - presumably they will be deserting Labour and their weight is going to be thrown behind the Lib Dems now?

yes - if you vote in england

As always with these twitter accounts styling themselves 'Britain elects' or 'ElectionMapsUK' they always always show england. Which is fine and understandable. But I believe other countries are available.

I've seen several polls where the SNP vote in Scotland (obviously) are out polling UKIP nationally. They've had the equivalent of 4% of the national vote, higher than UKIP's 3% and Change's 3%. But they get clipped off the polling reporting. If you choose to delve deeper, you'll find them listed as 'other'. 

European%20Parliament%20VI%2026%2004%202

I think a vote for the LibDems in Scotland, could be the equivalent of a mis directed outdoor piss on a windy day.

The votes for LibDems, Green and Change in Wales add up to roughly the same as Plaid. 

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

I still have absolutely no idea who to vote for, and why.

Assuming you mean from a remain perspective, it depends on what your priority is.

If it is to try and "beat" NF and his cronies to the largest number of MEPs - Labour, or possibly Lib Dem depending on how next week looks in the polling.

If it is to get the Remain vote share as high as possible, whoever best fits your politics of the Lib Dems, CUKTIG, Green or one of the Nationalists.

If it's to get the highest possible number of MEPs from Remainy parties, Lib Dem or Nationalist.

If you mean who to vote for from a leave perspective, Tory or don't bother voting if you are happy with how things are going. Farage Party if you're not happy with how things are going and want to shout incoherently at clouds about the injustice of it all. UKIP if you're a massive racist and don't care who knows it.

Edit - and in all of that I forgot the actual, idealised answer. Which is of course:

Forget the idea that it's a proxy Brexit referendum, and vote for the party whose Parliamentary group best represents how you see the next five years of cooperative European politics, whether the UK is part of those decisions or not.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 2

Â