The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Is she going back to the EU expecting them to move on the backstop? 

If so, what is it she's going to offer them in return?

What is it of ours that she thinks she can sell cheap enough to keep her job and force this mess through?

She's going back to play for time. She knows she'll get nothing else. The most she can come back with is some nice words from the EU which have no legal weight.

The 'plan' is just to kick the can down the road until this can be forced through.

• Like 1

If she takes this vote down to March 28th, she is not only the worst PM of all time, but the worst UK politician.

Clinging onto power to the detriment to 99.99% of the population.

Complete scummy word removed.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

She's going back to play for time. She knows she'll get nothing else. The most she can come back with is some nice words from the EU which have no legal weight.

The 'plan' is just to kick the can down the road until this can be forced through.

So the delay turns it into my deal or no deal and rules out everything in between I guess.

She really is appalling.

23 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

If she takes this vote down to March 28th, she is not only the worst PM of all time, but the worst UK politician. 

I should think the remainers in her party would prompt a vote of no confidence in her as leader if it looks like that's the aim.  Must be close to 48 letters already.

In every way we are paralysed - It seems the old way of proposing a new law / act and voting on it has totally unravelled - every option comes back to a quirky freak of stats always falling the wrong way:-

1.TM can't get her exit plan through as not enough of her party support it

2.JC - Wouldn't win a vote of no confidence - no tories or DUP would support it

3.The Hard Brexit people can't oust TM as leader of the Tory party - they can't get the 48 signatures to force a contest - 

4.A second referendum gambles with the the prospect of a 2nd leave vote - and a subsequent ultra right wing government

Could something hitherto unheard of happen here ? - Could the queen dissolve parliament and demand a general election - Could the queen just shelve brexit ?  

Or is everyone getting over excited and is it simply Mays deal or Hard Brexit ?

1 hour ago, peterms said:

He has a point.

I've been thinking about this quite a bit, I think Iain Drunken-Shit came out with it at the weekend. It's utter freakin nonsense, this riven with rage, rioting on the streets bollocks. These people that will be riven with rage fall into two categories and the larger of the two won't be around much longer, the other group is the disenfranchised youth who are far far far more likely to be riotous under a No Deal exit because they'll suffer even more. Aside from those two groups, there'll be the empowered Tommy Robinson type neanderthals, who again will be just as likely if not more so to cause racially aggravating violence after we leave than they currently do. Talk about Project Fear. We have to deal with the neanderthals either way and they'll be worse if we leave

As for constantly on the brink of a new Brexit process, again this is utter nonsense, the referendum happened imo at peak Brexit in the UK it couldn't have been timed better for the leavers, it's already on a demographic slide. The country will absolutely not want to go through this process again in the near future and the longer that goes on, the numbers will continue to stack up on the side of remain.

Â