Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

5 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Just back. It went fantastically well. Held up all around the ground and even the saints fans held a few hundred up so fair play to them.

Massive thanks to all those who came down to help us today. @HanoiVillan wasn't going to the game, lucky sod ;-) but came down just to help.

Good effort! Looked absolutely great today.

• Like 1

Good coverage on the pictures I've seen. Would be great if the TV showed soton fans with them as well. 

Presuming the protests will continue but how (open question) does it now add any more pressure? Should Lerner / Hollis be lobbied to address the fans directly about the sale / future? 

5 minutes ago, Tubby said:

Good coverage on the pictures I've seen. Would be great if the TV showed soton fans with them as well. 

Presuming the protests will continue but how (open question) does it now add any more pressure? Should Lerner / Hollis be lobbied to address the fans directly about the sale / future? 

That is something we can try and push for mate. The protests will certainly continue for the last home game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

That is something we can try and push for mate. The protests will certainly continue for the last home game.

Hows about a protest on the Holte steps for the media per chance?

With regards the donations, where does the money go?  I'm on stay away, I have been since McLeish, but if I can donate the price of a match day ticket to help then at least I'd be there in spirit. Sorry for asking but as much as I'd like to buy you a pint for your efforts it would fill me with peace that it's being used for greater means :) 

Just now, Tubby said:

Hows about a protest on the Holte steps for the media per chance?

With regards the donations, where does the money go?  I'm on stay away, I have been since McLeish, but if I can donate the price of a match day ticket to help then at least I'd be there in spirit. Sorry for asking but as much as I'd like to buy you a pint for your efforts it would fill me with peace that it's being used for greater means :) 

The money helped fund this protest mate and will help fund a protest against Newcastle. The first three protests we funded ourselves but obviously that couldn't realistically continue. Any money left over from the crowd funding will go to Acorns. I can 100% assure you none of us would use the money for personal means.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Guessing he can expect an uncomfortable call from Mr Lerner if he sees this picture.

Or Lerner just wanted a fitting memento from his time here and told him to bring one back...

I suspect he is thinking " If only I had anyone at the Club with a tenth of the drive, organisation, and passion, that whoever did this has...."

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

The money helped fund this protest mate and will help fund a protest against Newcastle. The first three protests we funded ourselves but obviously that couldn't realistically continue. Any money left over from the crowd funding will go to Acorns. I can 100% assure you none of us would use the money for personal means.

Well print some more flyers on me. Keep it up. UTV

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

12 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

So I should take that boat back mate?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

You might be too heavy to hold up.

It's a matter of deception. I might be the skinniest guy around, who really knows? :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Thanks Tubby.

Thanks mate :thumb:

Not a problem. I'd give anything to be able to walk back into Villa Park again and to take my kids to their first game. If the actions of you and your kin mean I can do that then that's a cause worth backing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

From the BBC today.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/35717854

The Aston Villa supporters are staging a protest. Almost every Villa fan in the ground is holding up a card saying 'Proud history, what future?'

Bet I can guess the name of at least one who wasn't, but mustn't post on poster. :)

Edited by briny_ear

Great effort folks. But you need a change to continue getting publighty in the next game. "Where's Wally?" posters rebranded to "Where's Randy?" is still my preference.  But whatever you choose.......thanks for giving a damn what happens to Villa and giving up your time and money.

Edited by Mandy Lifeboats
spelling mishsteaks

Â